[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

Stories
Level 3
San Francisco, CA

[Updated] AO15 Contest: Airbnb Open Stories Contest now Closed

[Updated] Launched back in November at Airbnb Open 2015, the AO2015 Stories Contest is now closed. Thank you for all your fantastic submissions, we look forward to announcing the winners soon!

To view the Contest overview see below: 

We welcome you to share your story as a host or share your experience traveling as a guest. Whether it’s life-changing, heart-warming, silly, big, or small -- we want to hear from you!

DETAILS

This contest is only open to hosts who attended Airbnb Open 2015.  Share your story starting November 12, 2015. The contest deadline for submissions will be January 15th, 2016

Submit stories or read stories. Learn more about the contest rules attached. Stories must have a minimum of 200 words, must contain a title, two photos, and use the hashtag #AO2015contest.

PRIZES

One 1st prize of $15,000 USD

One 2nd prize of $7,000 USD

One 3rd prize of $3,000 USD

SELECTING WINNERS

Winners will be selected based on the spirit of the submission. How does it relate to hospitality, social impact and experiences on Airbnb?

NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.  Open only to attendees, 18 or older, registered at Airbnb Open 2015 in Paris.  Skill contest.  Judges’ decisions determine winners.  Entry deadline 11:59:59 p.m.  San Francisco time on 01/15/2016.  Submitted stories may be used by Airbnb for promotional purposes.  Additional terms apply.   See Official Rules below.

FAQS

Q: How many times can I submit a story?

A:  Please only submit one story.

Q: Can I edit my story submission?

A: Not at this time.

Q: How can I confirm my submission was received?

A: You will see a notification confirming receipt of submission once you click Post.

Q: Is there a limit to the number of photos I can upload or video link submissions?

A: Not at this time. We look forward to what you have to share!

Still have questions? Feel free to post your questions in this thread and we will try to get them answered as soon as we can!

See full rules below: 

113 Replies 113
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christoph0,

Thanks for getting in touch about this, it is great to hear you want to submit a story. There have been a couple of people experiencing problems with this, but many entries are coming through with no problem. We did fix a bug with this before Christmas, but it appear that there are still some problems with this. Some hosts have managed to resolve the error by double checking they are logged in or logging in again to the Community Center. I wonder have you checked this? Your profile photo should be displaying in the top right-hand corner of the page. 

If this doesn't resolve the problem, you can post it on to this thread and I will move it over to the Stories Team, if you want to include photos I can add them too. 

I am very sorry about this and do let me know if you have any questions. Thanks

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw @Christoph0, I have just seen your follow up post. Thank you so much for the update, I have seen that it has been received. 

Thank you so much. Lovely images 🙂 

Best of luck with it. 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Martina3
Level 2
Mestre, Italy

Ciao Guys,

is the story supposed to be related to something that happened in Paris, or can be related to any other Airbnb experience we had as guest/host?

Thanks 😃

Martina

Hello, @Martina3. You can share any stories of Airbnb as guest/host. 

Janet1
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi there, I found that I wasnt able to enter without a youtube link? 

Janet1
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi, 

I have set up my photo's in YouTube link which is working...however when i try to submit my story, it keeps asking for a valid YouTube link? 

Also the rules ask for two photo's not a video link. 

Please help me submit my story! 

Ian1
Level 2
London, England, United Kingdom

Hello, where is the ATTACH PICTURE / BROWSE button on the application link to submit my story?

There is only a youtube video link fielf and no atttach picture field.

please help.

Thanks

JanandJana0
Level 2
Prague, Czech Republic

Hi Airbnb,

we would like to add our stories, but your page for submitting doesn't work properly..:-( There is no possibility to choose some option from the topic or add some photos to the text..:-( Could you fix it before the contest will end?:-)

Thank you soo much

Jan&Jana

Hey Airbnb team - would love to submit my story and pics, but there is no tool to upload pictures (for example when I type this, this window does have the photo icon on the tool bar, but the story submisson window does not). I have read in similar threads that other people having the same problem. Help? 

Thank you!

Gabriela 

Lucia5
Level 1
Weil am Rhein, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

where can I tell my story?

Lucia

Rebecca4
Level 10
San Jose, CA

The deadlines on this conflict. One says Dec. 1 and another January 4. Which is correct?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Rebecca4, good spot, thanks for highlighting this - I have just amended the post above. To confirm the new deadline is January 15th 2016. (* Please note I have edited this from the original post)

Sorry about this, the deadline was only extended this morning! 🙂

--------------------

Rebecca4
Level 10
San Jose, CA

I submitted a story and one photo. I have another one but didn't see how to upload it, so let me know how you'd like me to submit the second one.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Rebecca4, thanks asking. I am afraid you can only submit one story for this contest, however it is fantastic to hear you would like to share more of your stories. If you would be happy to, please do share it with the rest of the community and post it in the Community Center. I am sure it will brighten up everyone's day 🙂

@David7, I am sorry again for the trouble you have had with this, I will check with the team about how best to do this and get back to you. 

Just to highlight the deadline has been further extended 🙂 The new deadline for submissions is now January 15th, 2016

--------------------

#Lizzie -- sorry I wasn't clear. My question wasn't about submitting another story, but how to submit two photos for the one story I submitted since the submission requirements say each story needs two photos.