100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb
Official Account

100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb2021_Release_YT _Thumbnail_1280x720_2x.png

We believe that the biggest travel rebound in a century is coming, and we want to help you get ready for it! We’ve introduced more than 100 changes to the app, website, and Community Support to help you take advantage of this unique opportunity—and manage your day-to-day tasks more easily. 

Here are some of the most important changes:

• A more intuitive and consistent experience across the app and website
  • A new homepage for Hosts called the Today tab 
  • A faster, searchable inbox featuring new time-saving tools and features 
  • An up-leveled Community Support team, as well as Dedicated Superhost Support 
  • Automated Arrival Guides for guests 

You can read more details about what’s new here.

Have you already noticed changes in your tools? Which improvements are you most looking forward to?

Posted on Monday 24th May 2021

169 Replies 169
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @J-Renato0,

Thanks for the kind words 😊

Hopefully you're enjoying the new features.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Guest star rating is now available under  "Reservation Details" for folks without IB.   

Thumbs up for that !

@Brian  

About flexible destinations, I have a suggestion.

World destinations that are not expensive or budget destinations.

When I mean budget destinations, I mean countries and cities that are not expensive to people that lives in a country where the currency is more valuated than in another countries.

It does not mean that the guest will have a bad experience by seaching budget places to travel. On the contrary, they can have a great experience and even stay more time.

For example: Vietnam, Norway, Brazil are countries where the guests can find great accommodations within reasonable prices or even not expensive, if considering the local currency of the guests where they live in.
Among the target guests are the serious travelers and nomadic workers.
The nomadic workers are the ones who rent their home in their country of origin and travel abroad, staying more than 2 months in other countries. Some of them travel during an entire year or more.

Since I reopend my calendar in octuber 2020, I have hosted those type of guests with more frequency.. Some from Brazil, Europe, UK and US.

Again, congrats on the new tools and features.
Certainly it will improve the host and guests experience and It will bear fruit !!!
Thanks !

Jose Renato

Rainy5
Level 1
Vancouver, WA

Is it possible to add a type of pet search feature? I only allow dogs due to allergies to cats, and I even say dogs only in my listing. Yet in the last month I have had 7 inquires about cats. People are traveling with cats in the PNW like crazy!

Kevin2089
Level 1
St Johns, FL

is there a place that guest can share pictures of their stays. i have guest that want to share with and post great pictures of their stays, and i can't find anyplace to post them to. i only have about 30 spaces on my page and they or for the cabin. I think that it would be a great thing to have a place that other potential guest could see what thought was worth seeing. ex a guest has pictures of them calling and having an owl come to them every night at supper. 

@Kevin2089  If you had an Instagram account for your listing, you could post them there or the guests could post them on their own accounts and tag you.

How about reactivating the co-hosting system? How about removing the automated reservation reminders? You should just reevaluate and make better what is already working instead of inventing new things all the time.

Kristy60
Level 2
Queenstown, New Zealand

The most important thing to my business within the AirBnb platform is cancelation policies that are fair to the host. The current cancelation policies leave hosts in a vulnerable position when a guest decides to cancel 5 days before there stay. This is a short amount of time to fill the calendar and leaves the host with either an empty calendar or reduced rate rental. The strict cancellation policy is not fair on the guest and means guests are unlikely to book. A cancelation policy that reflects a free cancelation period either 48 hours from booking or up until 30days prior to the start of their trip means the host and the guest is considered. Of course most hosts understand it is their responsibility to give a full refund for Covid related  travel disruptions as insurance does not cover this. 

Not excited about any of it as I pay airbnb more money it seems that it takes more time to get any kind of support. I should not have to go searching the community for 30 min to find help

My problem is that, after being closed due to the virus for many months I no longer have superhost status.  It's a little annoying, but whatever.  But now the entire website is completely new, and since I'm dumb as dirt when it comes to constant tech learning curves, I'm having trouble navigating the site.  For example, you used to be able to see how many people had looked at your place within a certain period of time.  It was on the main page (and now I go to settings apparently to see what I presume is the main page - not really sure about that).  Can anyone tell me if that stat about how many looked still exists and if it does, how do I get to it?  And if I need more information on navigating the site, where do I go?  Is there a live chat or something?  I feel like I am just making  u-turns over and over with the new site.  I'm sure it's my fault, but if anyone can give me a tip or two, I'd appreciate it.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Stephanie332,

Sorry to hear you've been having a hard time navigating the platform.

If you ever need help, the Community is a great place for that. It's filled with experienced Hosts who are always happy to offer advice. 

You can as a question by clicking here.

I hope this helps 🙂

Thanks,

Liv

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Vicki475,

I appreciate the feedback. Airbnb is working to improve its Customer Support, so hopefully it will soon be easier to get help when you need it.

You can read more about it on the latest Host Update.

Thanks,

Liv

Josimar5
Level 2
São Paulo, Brazil

Toda nova atualizações sempre bem vindas. Progresso sempre ! 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Que bom que gostou, @Josimar5

Te convido a conhecer também a comunidade para falantes de português 😊

Jules22
Level 2
Portland, OR

One feature I'm hoping will come BACK is having resolution center money that the guest is sending (for pet fees, deposits, early check ins, etc) be right in the "details" of their reservation like it used to. Now to remember if a guest has paid, I have to go to "upcoming payouts," find their reservation dates and check. its too many extra steps when one has many guests and they are all paying deposits that need to be returned.