100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb
Official Account

100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb2021_Release_YT _Thumbnail_1280x720_2x.png

We believe that the biggest travel rebound in a century is coming, and we want to help you get ready for it! We’ve introduced more than 100 changes to the app, website, and Community Support to help you take advantage of this unique opportunity—and manage your day-to-day tasks more easily. 

Here are some of the most important changes:

• A more intuitive and consistent experience across the app and website
  • A new homepage for Hosts called the Today tab 
  • A faster, searchable inbox featuring new time-saving tools and features 
  • An up-leveled Community Support team, as well as Dedicated Superhost Support 
  • Automated Arrival Guides for guests 

You can read more details about what’s new here.

Have you already noticed changes in your tools? Which improvements are you most looking forward to?

Posted on Monday 24th May 2021

169 Replies 169
Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for the feedback, @Jules22! I'll be sure to pass that on to the team 😊

Stuart296
Level 2
Campbell River, Canada

Why does AirBnB continue to completely IGNORE complaints from many hosts that are getting penalized for declining stays that don't comply with the listing policy. I just took another request from someone wanting to bring a child even though we clearly state "No Children. NO EXCEPTIONS" to the listing. Between this, pet exception requests and turning down travelers not in compliance with COVID restrictions, we have been bumped to page 4 despite being 5 Star Superhosts. For listings with no pet and/or no children, put a safeguard in the system that requires them to answer Yes or No the questions "Are you travelling with Children or Pets". If they answer Yes, they shouldn't be allowed to request a booking.

Tammy416
Level 4
Lakewood, NY

All these changes, but missed the most important one!  AirBnb’s Security Deposit is non existent, false statement, failing the host and promoting theft and damage due to lack of financial consequences for guests!  

Kathryn518
Level 2
Vacaville, CA

Dear Airbnb,

I find your new systems of showing upcoming reservations to be very frustrating.  I need them listed, not streamed across the page with only their first name showing.  Reservations are stored EVERYWHERE by a LAST name, not a first name.  I find myself toggling all over the place to locate someone since you only have FIST names showing.

You also need to do a line item for the taxes.  At the moment you have the taxes figured in the rate per night.  Then we have to work backwards to figure out the TOT taxes that we need to pay and it does not give a fair comparison when people are comparing prices between platforms.

Once last thing, we accept pets at one our our listing, yet there is no place for customers to select that they are bringing a pet.  We add a small $15 fee for this as we wash bed covers separately or anything that might have dog hair on it.  These seem like simple changes.  Thanks, Kathryn

Julia2716
Level 2
Denver, CO

The new amenities check list is a nightmare. There needs to be

a) a way to not answer (currently, if you touch a category you are locked in to a yes or no) 

b) get rid of the examples.  Ie- if I have 10 beach gear items which I describe In our listing but no snorkel gear, I now have to say that I do not have beach gear or else guests expect a snorkel also.  (& who want to share a snorkel in the time of Covid?!)  or “kitchen basics”: Shouldn’t cookware and food items be separate? We do not stock food because we don’t want to attract pests but otherwise have a full kitchen. Nobody wants to book a house with no cookware but I don’t want to promise olive oil either!

c) each needs to have a free text option for customization.  Ie- yes I have ceiling fans but only downstairs. The bedrooms have portable fans.  

I think I am losing bookings by indicating that I don’t have these things but if I indicate that I do, I am either false advertising (based on what Airbnb has chosen to list as examples) or guests dream up their own expectations & it affects our reviews.  Anyone else having this problem? 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Julia2716 We have the option of saying yes or no to an amenity plus just not answering the question. I assume this defaults to no (or at least I hope it does)

Once you click at all, you have to click yes or no.  There are some I have clicked but then thought of all the ways it could be interpreted and decided not to answer.  but to say “no” is also not appropriate and now I can’t go back to “no answer” status.  

@Julia2716 I can't believe clicking no will create a banner on your listing saying 'this place doesn't have XXX' so is presumably a safeish option. Mind you we are talking Airbnb...

Jon3143
Level 1
Saratoga Springs, NY

Sure wish we could attach PDFs to our messages to guests.  Blocking these does NOT encourage hosts to stick with Airbnb.  Quite the opposite.

Peta7
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

Airbnb Client Support takes between 12 and 25 days to respond wrongly to urgent messages, surely this is unacceptable to any standard. We believe an Ombudsman is desperately required for this infamous and apparent independent Help Desk?

Peta7
Level 10
Johannesburg, South Africa

Please send all Agents on a basic English speaking course and short courses in Airbnb Terms 

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

My last 4 enquires were from families with kids, even though our house rules clearly state our place is not suitable for children and we don’t have any amenities needed for families with them. So, sooner or later it will affect my response rating and I can’t do anything about it

What happened with “Family ” category?

Why there is no filter for child-friendly listings?

Why Airbnb hides House rules on the bottom of the page where nobody sees them and waste everyone’s time?

@Catherine Powel @Brian @Nick 

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Add a photo of a child laying unconscious at the bottom of the stairwell to your photo gallery 🙂

@Sarah977  😄 lol

thinking about purchasing this one (we don't offer laundry machine)

canstockphoto77908651.jpg

@Branka-and-Silvia0  Too subtle a hint. Looks like they're having fun together. You'd have to put a big black X over the child.