100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb
Official Account

100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb2021_Release_YT _Thumbnail_1280x720_2x.png

We believe that the biggest travel rebound in a century is coming, and we want to help you get ready for it! We’ve introduced more than 100 changes to the app, website, and Community Support to help you take advantage of this unique opportunity—and manage your day-to-day tasks more easily. 

Here are some of the most important changes:

• A more intuitive and consistent experience across the app and website
  • A new homepage for Hosts called the Today tab 
  • A faster, searchable inbox featuring new time-saving tools and features 
  • An up-leveled Community Support team, as well as Dedicated Superhost Support 
  • Automated Arrival Guides for guests 

You can read more details about what’s new here.

Have you already noticed changes in your tools? Which improvements are you most looking forward to?

Posted on Monday 24th May 2021

169 Replies 169
Kalika0
Level 2
Bailey, CO

I can't find the everyday options that I use all the time. The old website had reviews right there on the homepage.  Now there hidden and things I don't use and don't want are front and center.  Reviews are a major part of airbnb and should be easily accessible. 

Watch out Hosts!!!  Even if a Guest admits to damage they made, if it's not a small amount, Airbnb WILL NOT PAY YOU THE COST TO REPLACE/REPAIR!!!!  They only want to give you like 15-25%.  ALSO, DUE TO THE LACK OF THEIR TIMLINESS, THE COST (FROM THE CONTRACTOR) OF WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN THE LOWEST AT 3,915 (IF I SIGNED THAT DAY) WON'T EVEN RESPOND, DUE TO THE WISHY-WASHY AIRBNB.  I HAD TO CALL IN ANOTHER CONTRACTOR AND THEY ONLY DO FULL JOBS, NOT JUST PART, SO THE COST TO FIX THE NICK IN MY KITCHEN CABINET SHE SHOWED ME IS NOW AT $12,437.  AIRBNB WOULDN'T EVEN PAY THE LOW $3,915 (1ST DAY ESTIMATE GUARANTEE), THEN, IT WENT TO $5,4XX (FOR 30 DAYS), THEN GUARANTEED FOR 1 YR AT $5,836.  I'M STUCK NOW, AS REFACING IS NEW & LOWE'S DOESN'T EVEN DO IT YET. AIRBNB ONLY WANTS TO PAY ME $1,459 (25%)!!!  THEN THE FLOORING WITH A KNIFE DROPPING CAUSE A GOOD SLIT (AND SOME AT THE ISLAND WHERE THE GUEST WAS CHOPPING FOOD, EVERY DAY (NOW HAVING SMALLER SLASHES), AND THE ISLAND CHAIR HAD TO HAVE BEEN TILTED BY HER BOYFRIEND WATCHING HER CHOP & COOK, TO CAUSE DIGS/GOUGES IN MY FLOOR (around the chair), AS I HAVE CUSHIONS ON THE BOTTOM (it might have been the girl sitting on the edge, as she was probably 500-600 lbs), THEY ONLY WANT TO PAY THE 25% ($978), WHEN THE ESTIMATE TO COVER ALL THESE DIGS & GOUGES IN MY KITCHEN FLOOR IS $3,911.  THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER WHEN IT COMES TO DAMAGES THAT AFFECT THE PRICE OF YOUR HOME!!!  I DID NOT SIGN UP TO FIND OUT AIRBNB IS LYING ABOUT COVERING DAMAGES UP TO $50K AND LET THEIR GUESTS IN, ONLY TO DE-VALUE MY HOUSE!!!  I'VE LET THE OTHER DAMAGE GO...NICKS TO A DRESSER THAN NEVER EVER HAD ONE (THESE ARE BEDROOMS I DON'T EVEN USE).  NEVER MARRIED & NO KIDS, AND REALTORS TELLING ME IT'S IN PRISTINE CONDITION COMPARED TO OTHER HOUSES.  AIRBNB ALSO HAD A GLITCH PREVENTING ME FROM SUBMITTING THE CLAIM TIMELY.  I CALLED AND MESSAGED DAILY AND MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY TELLING THEM TO TELL THEIR MGRS AND IT DEPT, ONLY TO BE IGNORED FOR OVER 1.5 MOS, TILL FINDING 1 LADY WHO SUBMITTED IT FOR ME.  THEIR SITE'S NEXT BUTTON WAS GREYED OUT, AND I COULDN'T MOVE FORWARD.  I KNOW I SENT IT ABOUT 20 SCREEN SHOTS, BUT IT TOOK FINALLY FINDING LORENA WITH A BRAIN TO SUBMIT THE CLAIM FOR ME.  THEY TOLD ME IT WAS MY COMPUTER.  I TRIED 3 COMPUTERS, WENT TO THE LIBRARY, TRIED 3 WEB BROWSERS, ONLY TO GET THE SAME RESULTS...SO AS TIME WAS TICKING BY, THE JOB JUST KEPT GETTING MORE PRICEY.  AIRBNB DOESN'T CARE, BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT GOING TO PAY YOU FOR DAMAGES THAT ARE NOT JUST MINOR AMOUNTS.  I'VE BEEN BATTLING FOR OVER 2 MOS.  FINALLY A GUY TOLD ME OTHERS WERE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE, SO NOW THEIR TAKING CARE OF MY CLAIM...PAYING OUT ON THE SMALL DAMAGES, A 15% DEPR (OK...IT'S A SMALL AMOUNT), BUT REFUSING TO PAY ON THE TWO MAJOR ONES....EVEN AFTER THE GUEST POINTED IT OUT TO ME AND ADMITTED CAUSE!!!!  THE SIZE OF THE NICK OUT OF MY KITCHEN CABINET MAY NOT BE BIG, BUT A BUYER WOULD DEMAND IT BE FIXED...AND THE COST OF THAT IS BIG!!!  THAT'S WHERE AIRBNB GOES AGAINST THEIR WORD ON THEIR WEBSITE OF COVERAGE UP TO $50K / HOUSE.  FALSE ADVERTISING, IS WHAT THAT IS!!!

Till-and-Jutta0
Host Advisory Board Alumni
Stuttgart, Germany

Caps Lock is hard to read for me. 😞

@Rose1673 

You seriously lack of time in your home work.. do your research properly.. use better material, less object.. glue it , be creative. But don't expect your OTA to do it for you as a private guidance counselor

for free..  there always are risks.. there always be sacrifice.. that is why so many make money in Airbnb.. you need to work and prepared with in the brackets of earning and enjoying profit with a smile on your guest face..

Jeffrey Bong
Rick-and-Deana0
Level 3
Silverthorne, CO

I have been trying for more than a week and over a dozen emails to get Customer Service to listen to my concern about grossly over charging (by more than double) the legal amount for Occupancy Taxes in our area.  I have read the articles and understand all the various different types of taxes and fees that various tax jurisdictions charge and yet I am still 100% certain all of our guests are being over charged. The county I live it also agrees 100%.  And the town/city we are near that you erroneously think we live in also agrees.  We are in an unincorporated section of our county and our taxes are much different than the town/city we are located "near but not in."  NO ONE in Customer Service will work with me on this.  I have been sent to the "tax department" that only communicates by email and sent them everything they asked for but the ONLY THING they looked at was my USPS address which uses the town/city we are nearest.  They have not looked at the GPS coordinates I sent them or the licensee from the county we live in etc.  They also are saying that they can't read the attachments I sent them (PDF forms as well as text inside emails) and yet they won't tell me what format I should send.  I have specifically requested they tell me the format so I can try and resend to them but after three requests I have been ignored and now NO ONE will contact me.  I am 100% certain that someone who understand tax jurisdictions in the US and who will take five minutes to look over my information will immediately realize the mistake AirBnB has made and correct the situation.  PLEASE PLEASE reach out to me.

Rick Pratt 

Summit County Colorado