100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb
Official Account

100+ new tools, features, and upgrades based on feedback from our Host community

Airbnb2021_Release_YT _Thumbnail_1280x720_2x.png

We believe that the biggest travel rebound in a century is coming, and we want to help you get ready for it! We’ve introduced more than 100 changes to the app, website, and Community Support to help you take advantage of this unique opportunity—and manage your day-to-day tasks more easily. 

Here are some of the most important changes:

• A more intuitive and consistent experience across the app and website
  • A new homepage for Hosts called the Today tab 
  • A faster, searchable inbox featuring new time-saving tools and features 
  • An up-leveled Community Support team, as well as Dedicated Superhost Support 
  • Automated Arrival Guides for guests 

You can read more details about what’s new here.

Have you already noticed changes in your tools? Which improvements are you most looking forward to?

Posted on Monday 24th May 2021

169 Replies 169

My requests re long-term bookings would be

1) to allow recurring cleaning fees (so that don't have a filthy wreck of a place on my hands at the end of a several months);

2) some protection for hosts who has banked on a long-term stay (e.g. 6 months or a year)  and has a guest decide to leave mid-way though the booking (it could take weeks or months to replace that guest);

3) to hold the security deposit for a month after the booking so that hosts can resolve any claims ; and

4) a (steep?) reduction in AirBnB's fees (more in line with what they charge hosts or a bit more) for long-term stays (I have a guest currently who wants to book for 8 months and AirBnB's fee is the equivalent of almost a full month's rent!  That's absurd and unnecessary and really impacts hosts' ability to rent their places at decent rates (guests are forever asking me what I can do about the fee and I have to respond that my listing is already discounted by 35% for long-term stays.)  Since AirBnB is encouraging hosts to reduce their fees for longer term stays, it's reasonable to expect that they would reduce theirs (which are much higher) as well. .

Niki-and-Colin0
Level 2
Longmont, CO

I have made this comment several times, but will again.  The ONE BIG thing Airbnb could do for me to make life easier is to make sure the property name is listed on every correspondence, whether that be email, phone notification or text.  I'm so tired of getting a notification and having no idea which property it pertains to.  It makes me a poor host when I have to ask the person, as if they are a prank caller, the equivalent of  "who dis?" in order to help them further.

YES PLEASED AND ON REVUEWS TOO

Niki-and-Colin0
Level 2
Longmont, CO

The Airbnb calendar is the only one I use where I don't use check out date, but fill in the last night stayed.  It's confusing.

Harriet4
Level 6
Enoch, UT

You are still not answering the number 1  problem all hosts seem to have. When are you going to recognize and take action on those guests that get pissed off when you don't allow them to  party when House Rules clearly state "THIS IS NOT A PARTY HOUSE".............    And, then you are left with a bad review. 

This issue is falling on deaf ears............ Your hosts are the ones making Airbnb money ( and a lot of it).

PLEASE TAKE ACTION.

PLEASE!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Harriet4 and @John143,

Thanks for voicing your concerns. When you get a chance, can you please have a read here?
Our Global Head of Hosting has talked about how Airbnb is addressing that issue.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Liv

That chat is at 3am my time but I will do my best to join it.

Thanks for the information.

Harriet

HI @AirBnB , @Liv 

It would be great if AirBnB would send hosts a monthly newsletter detailing actions you have taken and improvements you have made based on our input like the one you've linked to above and also sharing emerging concerns you are looking into (and updating us later if, for good reasons, you aren't able to resolve them. 

Alastair0
Level 9
Chiang Mai, Thailand

Good to see fellow hosts are actively getting involved in the changes. Shame we in Thailand are still closed to outside guests. Haven’t had a booking for over a year. We are Dying here !!!!

Hosting for 12 years Superhost for most of that time and have grown each year.
John143
Level 6
Julian, CA

PLS add the ability to add fees for pets and extras at booking.  Best to have boxes that a guest can check for "other items" that a host can fill in.  Like for firewood, bike rental, pet fee (w/quantity) etc.  Currently you cannot add on items if the reservation is not paid in full so you have to remember add it later.  More work for hosts and the guests don't like more work either.   

Yes, totally agree. I just added the same suggestion.

Yes, yes, yes!  So much easier for hosts and guests alike.  Pet fee, sauna usage fee... and I love the idea of a customizable "other items" option!  Hosts have been begging for this for years.  If it's not possible (which I can't imagine it's not possible... other platforms do it) then please explain why!  

Donna27
Level 2
Oxley, Australia

No thanks.  The council closed me down in 2018. I had to sign a statutory declaration saying that I could never do Airbnb again as it is completely illegal here in Brisbane. I spent over $15 000 fighting them and prior to that approx $300 000 on my home - putting in kitchens, bathrooms etc for my guests.  When all this was going down I received absolutely no support from Airbnb. I wanted them to ring the council but they would not come to the party.

So not sure why you are still promoting Airbnb here in Brisbane and on TV.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Donna27 

That's unbelievable, ABB is an advertising platform just like the likes of Gumtree, Trade Me etc in our parts of the world.

Go back through and pick holes in all the Public Health Advisors 'Academic Research Papers' they have written relating to the impacts of ABB on Housing etc that Council has relied on and I'm sure you will find the same names written on them who have been telling us how to live our lives in the last 12 months - some of these 'Political Advisors' think they are above the Law when we have Rule of Law.