A simpler Airbnb inspired by you

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

A simpler Airbnb inspired by you

Simplify Hosting

Hello Everyone,

As constantly reflected here in the Community Center, Airbnb hosts put an incredible amount of time and effort into providing great hosting experiences to guests. This make your time very precious, so it is important that the tools you use on Airbnb are accessible and easy to use.

Recently, many of you have shared ways in which the Airbnb website could be improved to support your hosting activities. It inspired a redesign of the website.

Over the coming weeks, you’ll see changes based on feedback from hundreds of hosts and that have been designed and tested in collaboration with the host community. Here are some of the changes you’ve inspired:

• Navigation is now consistent whether you’re on your phone or your computer
  • Key hosting features and tools like messaging and the calendar are more accessible 
  • Hosts who travel on Airbnb can now easily switch between hosting and traveling modes

For more information on what the team has learned from your feedback and how you have influenced changes to the site, please take a look at this Airbnb blog article.

We know how important it is to you that you are informed of changes on Airbnb and so we hope you welcome this information. We would love to hear from you, so please do share any thoughts you have on the process and what you think of these changes.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

87 Replies 87

Very much a scam.

David
Carol121
Level 2
Idaho Falls, ID

As a Host that ALSO Travels, I found that trying to locate a Host that is CLOSE TO a Specific address is not available. 

I was heading to Albuquerque, NM and there are LOTS of hosts there.  I know that Google allows us to search for a restaurant close to a certain address... why can't AirBNB Also offer that kind of search?

As a Guest with Several Medical concerns regarding allergies, I needed to find a Host that DID NOT Smoke and Did Not have Pets in the home.  Again, those search option are not available.

I think adding these search options would certainly make life EASIER!!

The site is totally screwed up now. The prices on the map and in the searches have nothing to do with real prices posted by hosts. It is a mess, and it has to be fixed quickly. Everybody is loosing, nice chance for litigation. When you improve one thing, do not break everything else. 

I TOTALLY agree!

With adding Adventure Options to the site it is MORE Confusing! 
IMLO, the Name of the site is BNB. IF they want to Add Adventures or other similar options, they should put the on two different web-pages (can be under the same Site).  It is confusing to one who Seldom travels and wants to use the site to find a place to SLEEP rather than 'learn todance' or 'take a hike' or 'go horsebackriding' or 'whatever'!!

Ruben-And-Beth0
Level 2
Rockford, IL

As a new Host I am finding the website very difficult to navigate and very limited in user options. I am trying to provide a guest a flat fee rate and very difficult to navigate.  We enjoy using AirBnB when we travel but becoming hosts has been very challenging.  We appreciate any help!  Thanks

Hi @Ruben-And-Beth0, at the beginning it all can seem a bit daunting, doesn't it..? But really, after a bit of time, you'll get the hang of it - and then it all seesm rather easy! Being here in the community sure  is a great place to learn about things and to connect with fellow hosts.

Now, about your question:

Do you have a confirmation in place and you want to offer the guests another rate? In that case, go to:

https://www.airbnb.com/my_reservations > click on change or cancel> change > simply change the price and click submit.

If you don't have a confirmed booking in place, you can send these potential guests a special offer with exactly the pricing you have in  mind:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/35/how-do-i-send-a-guest-a-special-offer

Annette,

I realized I never replied to your very helpful information.  I followed your advice and things turned out well although it did take a few attempts but all worked out in the end!  Thanks so very much.

Best wishes for a Happy and Peaceful New Year,

Beth

I agree. I feel the ABB website is very cumbersome and user unfriendly as a host. Areas to make changes are not intuitive to find. Rates are easy to set; just done on the calendar. That's the only feature I find easy. I used Special Offer once to collect correct tax that ABB isn't doing properly. What a disaster! We're just eating the tax now rather than try to collect! I don't think ABB respects the owners. Only reason I remain on site is because I have had good renters. Good luck to you! My advice is to fumble your way through their ridiculous website and hope for the best.

Wendy162
Level 2
New South Wales, Australia

Hi All,

I agree the ABB site is very unfriendly to users.  Very hard to navigate in comparison to other sites.  Wish they could make it easier and more user friendly.

Wendy

I don't find the website that difficult to use. We embed the 12% tax into our daily fee (with a note in our listing we do that) and then back it out of the total when we go to pay our quarterly tax to the city. 

Where did the "this property has been saved XYZ number of times" go? This helps create a sense of urgency and demand when visitors visit my property and further affirms it is a popular property. Is this a bug or did AirBnB remove it from all listings?

Michael1560
Level 2
Las Vegas, NV

THE HOSTING AND NAVIGATION TOOLS MAKES THINGS CONVENIENT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR NOT ALWAYS BY YOUR COMPUTER MAKING THE AIRBNB APP THAT MUCH GREATER!!!

Elena246
Level 2
Moscow, Russia

Good,simple,comfortable!