Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048
Tony-And-Una0
Level 10
Belfast, United Kingdom

I just tried to book a trip to Paris 30th May to 5th June

The date 30th May isn't even displayed on the PC version. It's covered by text " exact dates" which you cannot scroll past.

I entered different dates and was then presented with options for beachfront, tree houses etc, in Paris????? 

I would have liked, for example Near Eifell Tower or Distance from City Centre etc.

Completely ridiculous if you ask me.

Picture4.png

Helen609
Level 6
Polperro, United Kingdom

This is horrific. Unique Stays used to include shepherds hut/hut/ yurt. Then you changed it so shepherds hit wasn't under unique stays. Now uou can't search for shepherds hut at all.

Why are the titles now generic until you vlick on a property???????

The generic titles are really  annoying. 

Now you have to click on every listing as there is no clue at all what the highlights of the property are as presented  by the host.

Especially  ones highlighting  location . Near City centre or ICC for example. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Tony-And-Una0 wrote:

The generic titles are really  annoying. 

Now you have to click on every listing as there is no clue at all what the highlights of the property are as presented  by the host.

@Tony-And-Una0 @Helen609 You might have seen it already, but we've shared some actions we were taking based on Host feedback, including the fact that we will add back Host-written listing titles. You can read more about it here: 

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/resources/hosting-homes/a/host-questions-answered-airbnb-2022-summer-releas...

@Kevin129 Your comment was specifically about this as well, so a heads up as it might be of interest too!

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Thanks @Emilie for remembering. It's good to know someone's listening 🙂 

@Helen609  When I pull up the search I see a category for “shepherd hut”. Not sure if this is what you’re talking about but it’s there! The search options are changing and populating depending on where you’re searching from/ probably things like user data they already have that generates their user results—- which is crazy annoying. 

Helen609
Level 6
Polperro, United Kingdom

It is there for a world wide search but not if you search for Polperro ( where it is) or even Cornwall. The category ceases to exist.

@Helen609 

Please forgive me if I’m being a little dense here! 
When I search Polperro or Cornwall, the shepherd hut category disappears (which is problematic). But when I press category shepherds hut I can zoom on the map and see listings
under category shepherds hut. I will post photos of my results here so you can see what I’m seeing! 

775A59F8-035E-44DA-8E9D-BFE56699D4ED.jpeg

@Helen609 

33384744-5A84-496E-BFC2-0A112BAC4336.jpeg

E549F9D3-E02E-4851-9667-4B0E5F0D0893.jpeg

Kris105
Level 6
New York, NY

How can this listing on aruba appear as beachfront? It’s 7 minutes away and says it in title no picture of any beachfront nor wording so how does the ai place this as top home? @Airbnb what a mess Meanwhile my listing is not showing and it’s made for this category. What a mess

sorry picture did not upload here is link:

https://abnb.me/6QUHkfjb3pb

Kris105
Level 6
New York, NY

I gather we all need to open a ticket; then when abnb notices it’s a problem they can do anything about it. Till then it all works perfectly for them 

Yes. @Kris105  When you hear back about the ticket please open another one. I’m about to start our third one here. If I don’t get an answer this week I’m really thinking about snoozing one listing a week until they figure this out. Petty but this is costing a lot of money and I’ve spent so much time on the phone with them. 

@Molly396 will do, I actually have a really nice agent helping me trying to figure things out. Who has called be back several times to see if it updated. So I’ll keep her online as long as it’s fixed 😂 

@Kris105 Is her name Una Korn by any chance?