Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048
Erez162
Level 3
United States

Do you have a solution for large properties? For years the search option limit to max 16 guests to choose for and we mitigated that issue by using the title to let people know we can sleep 18 or 22 in some of our large properties. But now you’ve taken titles out of search results, how can people know they can sleep more than 16 guests? Is there a real reason why 16 is the max possible to search? Many many larger properties, that are licensed and comply with all rules. We really see those properties almost stopped booking as they seem more expensive which in reality they can sleep larger groups 

Bettina83
Level 2
Oranjestad, Aruba

Great all these new changes. But it is time for Airbnb to step up more to the game, fix their internal issues, be more customer friendly, have better staffing and be more responsive to their Super Hosts. The communication is very bad and reaching out to a Customer Agent worse. I applaud new things and changes, but I will have more respect for Airbnb if you fix your internal mishaps first. Also do a revamp asap in your Trust & Safety department! 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Bettina83 Appreciate your thoughts on what you'd like to see some updates on in the future! 

We are continuing to work behind the scenes to improve upon Host feedback, and we'll have more exciting updates for Hosts later this year which I hope you'll find useful. 🙂

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Chris517
Level 9
Geelong, Australia

Hi everyone,

im reposting this from a different page. 

I’m finding the new search filter has several features that have been removed from the initial search page information. 
Details that I believe are important to a guest. 

When I’m not logged in and search my area, I find the listings are missing basic information, such as, how many bedrooms. The listings only show how many beds.

I don’t believe this is  enough information for most guests, they need to know where the number of beds are located,  i.e a  group who need 3 bedrooms, may find my place with 4 beds and not understand the 4 beds are in 2 rooms. 

All listing titles are also missing, only Airbnb’s choice of information is shown.

So information that I have in my title header, such as, wifi, breakfast, walk2shop, to help people decide is now not shown until the click through to the individual property. 

It has created a very generic look, where details that guests look for in there initial selection, are missing, and individual listings are not able to be separated out from others by what’s offered. 

The result is that more click through’s are required to search for information that used to be on the initial landing page. 
When I enter search  filters, it  helps to narrow the search, but doesn’t  change the lack of information on the resulting page. 

I’m not showing up when any of the new catagories are selected, only with “ All Homes”. 

Am I missing something? Is anyone else having this challenge

@Chris517 yes, I am having the same issues.  The new platform is beyond cumbersome to use. Very user UNfriendly. 

@Airbnb @Larissa112 @Stephanie365 @Chris517 @Kimberly718 

You are not missing anything.

Airbnb is junk.

Flee from this criminal and self defeating greedy corporate like the plague.

I am waiting for 74 days for them to release thousands of dollars owed to me and every couple of weeks the morons at 'Airbnb community Support'  (oh, the irony!) come up with a new excuse as for why the notoriously clumsy 'IT department' (which at this stage I am confident doesn't even exist. It is as real as the tooth fairy) still didn't fix the 'glitch' that prevents Airbnb from releasing payment to me.

Get out of this mess ASAP. 

If you preserved at least half of your sanity consider it a blessing and move on.

Larissa112
Level 8
Boulder, CO

I will be leaving AirBnB as soon as we get another platform set up. We have listed exclusively here since 2019 but I am fed up with @Airbnb taking control away from hosts. We pay a ton of fees, open our homes up to strangers and allow this brand to be profitable (yes, we make $ also) but we need to be respected more. We receive terrible customer service. We are not treated like "partners". We are treated as though we should just take what we can get and be happy with whatever AirBnB throws at us. This rollout is a nightmare for hosts. Hosts are losing bookings. Guests are confused. The bright and shiny new categories do not mask the mess that has been made, furthermore they are meant to take focus away from the new AirCover, which is extremely detrimental to hosts and proves that AirBnB is only a guest based platform. 

@Airbnb @Larissa112 @Stephanie365 @Kimberly718 

Hello Larissa112,

I already left this horrible platform and I will never use Airbnb again not as a guest nor a host because I truly despise Airbnb and my dream is to see this cynical and greedy corporate monster in the garbage heap of bankrupt corporates.

Airbnb owes me thousands of dollars for a 28 night stay that was completed successfully in March 2022 (!!)

At first they confused the number of days (it showed as 30 days when in fact it was only 28 days and there was never any alteration to the booking) but of that was not bad enough the booking showed on my travelling account for some days until they fixed that and moved it to my hosting account !!

It is now 74 days (seventy four days) since I was supposed to recieve the payment and still not a cent was sent to me !

Twenty (20) Airbnb Community support team members contacted me by phone and messaging so far in end of March, April and May 2022 but none solved the true or imaginary 'technical glitch' in their system that supposedly prevents the funds being released to me !

The latest input I had from a CS representative is that a bank account ending with 7001 is not a valid account which is why the payment isn't going through.

I HAVE NO IDEA what bank account ending with 7001 is or what it supposedly has to do with my payout methods.

I have three payout methods and none of them accounts end with 7001.

Please set up a new platform ASAP so we never need to use this criminal corporate again !

At this stage I am left with no choice but to start a YouTube channel and reveal the ordeal Airbnb put me through in the past two and half months.

I will inform the community once the YouTube video is published.

** [Private conversation removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Summit-View0

I know you've been waiting for this to get resolved for a while and I'm really sorry to hear there hasn't been a solution found yet!

I have checked with the team and they've confirmed to me they are actively working on it and will continue to follow-up with you. 

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

@Larissa112I'll be staying with Airbnb but last year they were my only OTA. I've activated VRBO and Booking.com in the last couple of weeks and I'm filling up with them. Haven't had a peep out of Airbnb recently. Hopefully Airbnb sort out their current mess as the booking process and experience was the best on the market.

@Larissa112 

I'm both Airbnb host and traveler. The new platform is horrendous- I have had ZERO reservations since its launch, only one inquiry asking whether selected dates in June are available-- something which would have been clear had Airbnb not swapped out the Calendar for 7 arbitrary days in the future

My sister told me that she tried to find an Airbnb in a NC location, but gave up after she was offered arbitrary weeks in the future at locations that were not where she was looking for.  She said the search changes were very confusing. 

I doubt this is a unique circumstance. Bookings were flowing in until THIS.  Good luck, Airbnb,  with booking treehouses and $16K per night architectural wonders.  You've betrayed your loyal partners. 

Friends, Management really doesn't give a crap if Hosts drop the platform--  if they did, they would not have sandbagged us with these changes, without the opportunity for input.  

@Nancy1633 completely agree. I am typically flooded with inquiries and when I do open up dates they rarely last longer than an hour. I have a week in June and Thanksgiving open and they have been that way for a week which is unheard of. I am typically booked solid in the dates that I do open and to have these two prime weeks available this long is nuts! 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Nancy1633 We're reading all of your feedback, concerns and ideas and sharing them continuously with the product team, so thank you for your honest comments here and in other discussions!

-----