Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048

sigh

VRBO time

I went to VRBO, sorry fellows 

Airbnb hosts still think is a big crisis. Hotels are blooming now, this is are last chance before recesion

@Tony-And-Una0  😄 lol.... I found a listing under the POOL category with the main picture of a public, Olympic swimming pool 😄 😄 ( The listing is an ordinary city apartment with a few city attractions in its photo gallery and the pool is among them)

This a circus

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

Sorry I arrived late to the party. I was not aware of the Airbnb updates and have noticed my bookings have dropped off considerably.  I am usually booked for the summer. I only have 2 bookings for August (I'm typically booked during summer months). I have read the comments and have gone back in and updated my listing (amenities..etc...) and still crickets....

I'm seriously considering removing my listing and taking it elsewhere where hosts are valued/respected.

Gigi169
Level 6
Hawaii, United States

Sadly they don’t care. They are targeting millionaire stays now. (I was told that by a rep.) would’ve been nice to at least have had a heads up so we could’ve been preemptive in our efforts to keep our businesses thriving during the high season. 

Gish that is delusional. 

Do they really  think millionaires book holidays  via Airbnb.

My comment exactly. Millionaires have “people”. 

They don't. I am on a resort island where the rich and famous travel. They either stay at private villas at the Four Seasons or book their accommodations through private property managers. 

@Kristina46  same here, my friend is a real estate agent and he said the same thing. 

I understand Airbnb is trying to attract rich people but I doubt they want to struggle with this broken search system and 50 categories with wrongly placed listings and random dates. They will just call an agent

Meanwhile, Booking.com is taking over other travelers... and hosts.

Jamie206
Level 10
Pooler, GA

Dear Airbnb Management,

All of your new "summer updates" are absolutely useless and sending us all down the drain. Hope you sold your stock before the company tanks due to your inability to keep the business going. Great job! NOT!

1. Main landing pages are ridiculously difficult and confusing to use. So most people just give up and go elsewhere.

2. Host property names must be the actual property title not some generic nonsense. If you want some additional generic title, put it in the subtext, not the other way around. The current state of this is moronic.

3. The categories, what in the all that's unholy hell are you thinking! Apparently, no thought whatsoever. If you want all these options, what's wrong with a simple filter?

I didn't want to drop your platform, I thought we had a decent relationship most of the time. However, I guess you don't like us anymore, so you decided to kick us to the curb. Well good luck to you. Are you going to start some other new business after the short term rental thing fails? Cause you are driving it all straight into the ground right now.

To the customer service team:
I do not need you to call me and give me some bull**bleep** excuse or a therapy session. Your management staff MUST get their heads out of the sand and immediately revert the website. Our bookings have dried up to near zero, the page views are down to almost nothing, no one can figure out the main landing pages. The map is useless.
We have already started the process of moving all the properties to the other platforms and have seen immediate results. There's nothing wrong with our properties or the way that we as hosts do business, however airbnb is sucking pretty hard core on their end and has been for weeks. I would advise you to start looking for other employment, as airbnb will not be around for much longer at the current rate of decline.

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Jamie206,

Thanks very much for your detailed feedback about the Summer release.

I just wanted to make sure you knew that you'd been heard - I've passed your post along for feedback - so that it can be seen by the right people.

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Gigi169
Level 6
Hawaii, United States

62 pages of comments so far. And the rep told me my sudden decline of views and subsequently bookings (after being fully booked consistently) was due to the order of my photos. 

Since May I’ve been talking with Airbnb reps, NO ONE,  not even one of them came back with a response regarding CATEGORIES, it’s like the white elephant in the room.

i’ve been a Superhost since 2017, giving excellent service, spending a lot of money in design and decorations, etc, etc, Amen!

what is the response from Airbnb to my hard work SILENCE, IGNORING ME, IGNORING US as a WHOLE!

we fed Airbnb for years, they are rich thanks to our properties, my occupancy rate went from 97% to 3 %, my calendar is mostly empty… only 2 reservations done, when my calendar has been booked to months in advance for the last 5 years.

CATEGORIES HAS TO BE REMOVED, it doesn’t work!

go to the media, TV, NY times, every where

Let’s get united about this mess.

@Jenny Thanks! It would be lovely if any one of the thousands of feedback messages hosts have sent to airbnb could be taken with some modicum of seriousness. We as a community are in dire straits and the airbnb management seems to be hell bent on destroying the very thing that is the basis of the business. Anyways, the other platforms are starting to pick up, I might even manage to get our own site up and running one of these days.

Maybe there's something more subversive going on? Could be some good conspiracy theories on this one. Does the person in charge of the guest webpage user interface have large quantities of expedia/vrbo stock and they're trying to cash in, at the expense of airbnb hosts? Maybe some of the others have some theories they'd like to share?

Ana2038
Level 10
Santa Ana, CA

I don’t understand why Airbnb app auto populates availability date 9 months out (Feb 2023) for my listing when I have several months of availability. Your average Airbnb guest is going to look at that and move on to the next listing without bothering to clear the dates. As I, as well as many others, have mentioned my bookings have dropped when I should be booked solid for the summer (So. California destinations i.e. Disneyland etc….). Is anyone in the Airbnb white tower listening?

Granted my listing is not a large fancy home situated amongst the clouds (serene music playing in the background), but it provides us a steady income stream that allows us to travel around the world and help support other Airbnb hosts (we’ve booked other Airbnb properties when traveling).

Fix this mess you’ve created Airbnb management!!! I’m a button away from having my listing go live on VRBO…..