Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb 2022 Summer Release: What you need to know

Our 2022 Summer Release represents the biggest change to Airbnb in a decade. We’re introducing:

• Airbnb Categories: A new way to search that makes it easy for guests to discover millions of homes they never knew existed

• Split Stays: An innovative feature that pairs two listings when a guest searches for a longer stay

• AirCover: The most comprehensive protection in travel, included for free with every stay

Get all the details on the Resource Center, and tell us: Will you be updating your listing for Airbnb Categories and Split Stays? How will you update it?

1,048 Replies 1,048

Any of you realized that we can’t see our superhost status anymore? How we are doing?

Peggy137
Level 10
Boulder, CO

I just went to my listing to check on my superhost status.

I set my rates weeks ago to $109 - $119 (it was $175-$185) to try to make SOMETHING this summer. 

My place is showing up at $185. 

Unreal. 

Update... I'm wrong. I put in Sedona, any weekend in August and it gave me a weekend in Oct (high season) which I didn't realize till I read the fine print. 

I tried 3 times to book any weekend in August and was offered a weekend in Oct.

How long is Airbnb gonna tolerate their disastrous website rollout?

Jonathan1787
Level 2
Charlotte, Saint Lucia

@Lisa34

Thanks for the update!

It must be going wrong on some financial forecast somewhere in this organisation !! We we’re generating around $25,000usd per year to Airbnb in commission and that’s gone down to zero!

I honestly can’t believe these $30,000 a night properties on private islands on the homepage can make up for the loss of Airbnb’s core income. It just doesn’t add up. 

I’ve had to sell my soul and go on Booking.com but in fairness the bookings are coming in. 4 in the last 24 hours compared to 1 from Airbnb since the changes were introduced. Madness!

The lack of communication is disgusting!

@Brian you might want to brush up that LinkedIn profile. 

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jonathan1787 

Yep, I have no idea why, as a guest, I am being shown this, seeing as I am not at all within the demographic that would search for it. The Airbnbs I've stayed in before were max £100 per person per n night, but usually less.

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 22.08.17.png

Natasha-and-John0
Level 10
Cornville, AZ

Maybe they are being paid to lose.

The latest news in the states is that they are permanently banning parties.

How about the AIRBNB stocks? (they should be in the news as well.

they  are  WAY down. (5.38%)

Aside from parties permanently banned the other news comes

Every night  between 10-11 p.m .when they  have a

commercial advertising of all their categories. 

Views are down down down and bookings for the foreseeable future are at 0.

I agree I don't see how all those categories at those rates are making it.

The fact that the platform was changed it damaged everyone.

I gave feedback letting them know that most  average people come to visit

a place any place whatever they choose to sleep which is usually secondary

has to be comfortable  and clean. 

that's what  matters to most average person

I don't think ditching out $500 a night cuts it for everyone.

highly unlikely for most families and people saving year round

to take a vacation. At least that is the experience I've had 

I can only speak for myself however seeing everyone hurting

I think that a lot of you will agree with me. To be fair categories

are good a lot seem interesting but do not make them the

MAIN FOCUS  on the platform and knock everyone else out.

Not to repeat what has already been discussed however nothing

has changed so we need to continue talking about it.

I pray things change and RAPIDLY.  Between this unnecessary change that 

Airbnb took and the way things are going in USA I can say

we are in big trouble.

It's not just the categories. The website is full of bugs, they rolled it out without checking it completely... so people who's place is in Putney Vermont show as being in the UK, people want to see whats available in August and are shown dates in Oct, someone wants to add a 2nd night and the website won't let them, someone cancels a reservation in the refund window and air doesn't refund their money without a 10 hour back and forth on the phone... etc etc etc

They have really shot themselves in the foot.

By now I'm sure they've lost a ton of clients to other sites, and I doubt those guests will come back. 

People do not appreciate being jerked around and everyone's time is very very precious.

I agree @Peggy137 .  When a service reinvents itself and customers don't like it, they find an alternative and don't come back. 

Our summer bookings are shot. 

@Eddie-And-Sandi0   Speaking of AirBnb's next quarterly earnings report... 

The buck stops with Chesky. This disastrous "new AirBnb" was HIS  brainchild. The launch of this untested, error-ridden, CONFUSING AI platform that makes our properties disappear and guests flee for simpler platforms was HIS executive decision.  The launch without Host notification or buy-in, like we are lab rats suited for experimentation, was also HIS executive decision.   Our devastating losses, the company's and shareholders, are the consequence of HIS poor judgment and arrogance. 

If AirBnb's quarterly report to shareholders reflects the loss of business that hosts are posting about here, then he ought to be fired or step down.  The only thing that can help us now  is to undo the 2022 Summer Release folly. 

Jonathan1787
Level 2
Charlotte, Saint Lucia

8BC97004-465E-4FD7-A830-3E090CB0C6AA.png

When I go on as a guest I’m immediately presented this $35,000usd a night property. Maybe this is where Brian actually brainstormed the 2022 Summer release.

Im all for people doing well and wow, what a stunning property but come on, how many people are really looking for this when they go on Airbnb? Frightening really.

Based on average salary most Americans wouldn’t be able to stay there for 2 nights if they spent there entire annual salary on it. It’s offensive really. Of putting at the very best.

Looks like a giant ego trip by certain C-levels.

OMG the bugs are never ending, still can’t find how amI doing with my Superhost Status?

but all the statistics  are wrong?

my apartment are empty,6550A404-3560-4ABC-89D4-3C8CBA6DDB1D.png but it says 100% occupancy …

84AF498D-0751-4E33-B859-89EAF4894F5D.png

Another issue in calendar it used to show only the listed places.

now there is a filter where EVERYTIME to need to mark that only listed one you want to see and it gives options like how many bedrooms, amenities, etc and it doesn’t save it.

F4ABCD45-96C9-4643-9936-C422CF69C47C.png2437B375-825B-4F07-A535-BD7A64969FE3.png

I read in the news a new VP in technology started around April, may be this release is her baby and she doesn’t want to gave up