Airbnb: Now in 31 new languages

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb: Now in 31 new languages

AB17211472.jpg

We believe in a world where anyone can belong anywhere. That’s why we’re so excited to announce that Airbnb is now available in 31 new languages. From Albanian to Zulu, we’re taking further steps to help everyone feel welcome on Airbnb, no matter what language they speak.

Doubling our language offerings not only helps create a stronger sense of belonging—it also opens the door to even more potential guests. As we expand our support to a total of 62 languages, we also wanted to thank you for continuing to welcome people from different cultures and backgrounds. We know it’s hosts like you who keep our community growing and thriving every day.

Here are the 31 new languages we now support:

1. Albanian (Albania)
  2. Armenian (Armenia)
  3. Azeri (Azerbaijan)
  4. Bosnian (Bosnia)
  5. Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
  6. Chinese (Hong Kong)
  7. English (Australia)
  8. English (Canada)
  9. English (United Kingdom)
  10. Estonian (Estonia)
  11. French (Canada)
  12. Georgian (Georgia)
  13. Hindi (India)
  14. Irish (Ireland)
  15. Latvian (Latvia)
  16. Lithuanian (Lithuania)
  17. Macedonian (North Macedonia)
  18. Maltese (Malta)
  19. Montenegrin (Montenegro)
  20. Romanian (Romania)
  21. Serbian (Serbia)
  22. Slovak (Slovakia)
  23. Slovenian (Slovenia)
  24. Spanish (Argentina)
  25. Spanish (Latin America)
  26. Swahili (Africa)
  27. Tagalog (the Philippines)
  28. Ukranian (Ukraine)
  29. Vietnamese (Vietnam)
  30. Xhosa (South Africa)
  31. Zulu (South Africa)

How to choose from the 62 languages we now support:

From your computer or mobile device:

• Click here to select your language.

From your mobile app:

• The mobile app uses the language selected in your device settings. Go to your device settings to change to one of the new languages we now support. (Some devices and specific mobile OS versions may not include the same extensive language list.)

By increasing our language options, we hope more people will feel welcomed, respected, and appreciated—no matter where they live, what language they speak, and their cultural heritage.

99 Replies 99
Kasia67
Level 2
Randburg, ZA

I am looking for polish .🤗

Roger564
Level 1
Puerto Jiménez, Costa Rica

My language is in English, can I add a language to my listings or only change to another???

Pohvala airbnb ju za vse to.👍👍

Sian-Lloyd0
Level 2
Gwyddelwern, United Kingdom

In Wales, the official languages are Welsh and English, with the Welsh always appearing 1st.

This is how my  property profile appears to guests. Can  I assume my profile wont change and I’ll have the option to stay bilingual. 

I want it to stay the same.

It is important to me, it encourages people to choose me.  Language is more than a way of communication. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Diolch yn fawr. Sian

That is very good hope that will benefit us as Villa owner

LA CASA de FAMILIA

Karen658
Level 2
Santa Cruz, CA

Very cool! Way to go, Airbnb! Karen Huth, Host.

Carlos2789
Level 1
California, United States

What about catalan,  Catalonia maybe not a independent country , YET , but a few million citizens speak catalan, the oficial lenguage of Catalonia , Barcelona is the Capital.

Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I prefer one language for all - English. It is less confusing when you keep the website uniform.  Reviews, comments and descriptions will not be understood otherwise.

Hesbone0
Level 1
Nairobi, Kenya

Dear Admin,

Your listing #26 Swahili (Africa) is inaccurate because "Swahili" is the people group/community whereas their language is "Kiswahili". Consider revising.

Kako mislite da se prijavim kada zivim u Srbiji a tu opciju zemlje nemate?Nekorektno

Costen0
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

We appreciate the inclusivity of all languages but for more information...I would prefer my experience to appear in all listed languages.  Does it mean I have to change my experience listing to other languages or if clients choose the language  my experience will automatically appear as per the chosen language. Thank you

Thanks .

Karine407
Level 1
Yerevan, Armenia

Всем привет из Армении)

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Airbnb @Karine407 @Branka36 @Costen0 @Lizzie @Quincy @Emiel1 and everyone-else, this popped up in the Dutch News website this month which is a timely reminder for us all to embrace our own native tongue.

Against English The Dutch are selling their Language very cheaply

https://www.dutchnews.nl/features/2019/11/against-english-the-dutch-are-selling-their-language-very-...

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Interesting topic @Helen427

Look at this!

Screenshot 2019-12-02 at 11.12.23.png

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen