Airbnb: Now in 31 new languages

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb: Now in 31 new languages

AB17211472.jpg

We believe in a world where anyone can belong anywhere. That’s why we’re so excited to announce that Airbnb is now available in 31 new languages. From Albanian to Zulu, we’re taking further steps to help everyone feel welcome on Airbnb, no matter what language they speak.

Doubling our language offerings not only helps create a stronger sense of belonging—it also opens the door to even more potential guests. As we expand our support to a total of 62 languages, we also wanted to thank you for continuing to welcome people from different cultures and backgrounds. We know it’s hosts like you who keep our community growing and thriving every day.

Here are the 31 new languages we now support:

1. Albanian (Albania)
  2. Armenian (Armenia)
  3. Azeri (Azerbaijan)
  4. Bosnian (Bosnia)
  5. Bulgarian (Bulgaria)
  6. Chinese (Hong Kong)
  7. English (Australia)
  8. English (Canada)
  9. English (United Kingdom)
  10. Estonian (Estonia)
  11. French (Canada)
  12. Georgian (Georgia)
  13. Hindi (India)
  14. Irish (Ireland)
  15. Latvian (Latvia)
  16. Lithuanian (Lithuania)
  17. Macedonian (North Macedonia)
  18. Maltese (Malta)
  19. Montenegrin (Montenegro)
  20. Romanian (Romania)
  21. Serbian (Serbia)
  22. Slovak (Slovakia)
  23. Slovenian (Slovenia)
  24. Spanish (Argentina)
  25. Spanish (Latin America)
  26. Swahili (Africa)
  27. Tagalog (the Philippines)
  28. Ukranian (Ukraine)
  29. Vietnamese (Vietnam)
  30. Xhosa (South Africa)
  31. Zulu (South Africa)

How to choose from the 62 languages we now support:

From your computer or mobile device:

• Click here to select your language.

From your mobile app:

• The mobile app uses the language selected in your device settings. Go to your device settings to change to one of the new languages we now support. (Some devices and specific mobile OS versions may not include the same extensive language list.)

By increasing our language options, we hope more people will feel welcomed, respected, and appreciated—no matter where they live, what language they speak, and their cultural heritage.

99 Replies 99
Beñat3
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

I miss Basque and Catalan. I can’t even make the description in my own language, I have to chose a foreign one: spanish, english...

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Beñat3,

Great to meet you. Have you tried the way that I've just suggested to Dawn above?

It would be great if this works. Hope to speak with you soon.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I guess you mean translating the listings. Yes i tried. But as far as I know there’s not Basque neither catalan on the list. Am I right?

Beñat3
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

By the way: spanish (argentina), french (canada)... are you kidding us? Why don’t you add english (texas), english (african-american), english (Queen Elizabeth)...

Maria1147
Level 2
Limassol, Cyprus

Where is Greek language??

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Maria1147,

Welcome to the Community Center. I've just replied to a couple of other hosts about this above. I'm sure you will be pleased to hear that Greek was already included in the original list and you can select the language you would like, here

You might also be interested to know you can actually read this Airbnb Updates post in Greek, here in the Community Center, here is the link.

I hope you find this useful. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thank you dear for your prompt reply. I am delighted that my language Greek is now included. Thank you. Maria

Nando1410
Level 1
Malibu, CA

It’s very good For more country’s

Great job Airbnb team! Albanian language it’s listed too 🤩

I hope soon every world’ s language will be set on the list bcs Airbnb it’s a #worldwide application#

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great to hear you like the additional languages @Olca0. Thanks for your kind words. 🙂

--------------------

Wendy571
Level 2
Rehoboth, MA

Is this a joke?  You didn't/couldn't/wouldn't provide a response to me as host from my Paris, France guests' feedback when they replied in French.

Doris306
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Weird....you have Bosnian and Serbian...what happened to Croatian - considering all of these three languages are so similar.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Doris306,

Thanks for your comment. You will be pleased to hear we already have Croatian. 🙂 

You can also read this update in Croatian here in the Community Center, if you would like–take a look here.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

I am from the USA. I put English Canada by mistake!!

Tunde2
Level 2
Danbury, CT

How about Hungarian? That is very specific but only the younger generation speak English. The shopping power is with the older generation and they dont speak any other language but Hungarian. Please work on it.