Airbnb officially codifies its global party ban.

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb officially codifies its global party ban.

Quincy_0-1649420902290.png

Airbnb is formally codifying its party ban policy following the success of the temporary global party ban implemented in summer 2020. As a part of this updated policy, Airbnb will continue to prohibit disruptive parties and events, including open-invite gatherings. “Party house” properties will also continue to be strictly prohibited. 

The original party ban, prompted by COVID-19 concerns around large gatherings prior to the introduction of vaccines, also included a 16-person occupancy cap. Based on feedback from a number of Hosts who have listings that can house above 16 people comfortably - in the coming months, Airbnb will be removing this occupancy cap.

This policy demonstrates Airbnb’s continued commitment to supporting community safety and will continue to include serious consequences for guests who attempt to violate these rules, varying from account suspension to full removal from the platform.

Learn more about this policy update.

16 Replies 16
Alex9068
Level 2
Traverse City, MI

I had some girl rent my camper for her friend on his bday. They had a huge party. I was picking up cigarette butts for weeks afterwards. 
this was the summer of 2020 in July/August. 
Airbnb did not do jack crap when I called them the following weekday. 

Stephanie365
Level 10
Fredericksburg, VA

Call the police first, ask AirBNB later.