Airbnb support for striking UAW members

Airbnb
Official Account

Airbnb support for striking UAW members

A_Battersea_Listing_Host_Greeting_0082.png

This week, tens of thousands of United Automobile Worker (UAW) members are going without paychecks. We know that some of you in our host community are included in that group, and we want to help.

Starting today, we’re offering all striking UAW members who host on Airbnb some financial support. If you host or have hosted either an Airbnb Experience or three nights in your home between September 16th, 2019 (when the strike began) and December 16th, 2019, we’ll give you the price of your listing up to $110 extra on us.  You can sign up here—and get additional details here

$110 is equivalent to a typical night of hosting on Airbnb in the US. All qualifying hosts will receive the payout shortly after the program ends.

At Airbnb, we take our responsibility to our community seriously. We’re proud to offer our support and stand with you through the remainder of the strike and beyond. 

The Airbnb Team

3 Replies 3
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

I suggest we all establish an airbnb-host-union. Then we contact Brian:

Ute: Hi Brian, I am the spokesperson of the airbnb-host-union of 2 Million members and we want You to get rid of the location rating. If not, we will all go on strike and shut down our calendars for december 2019.“

Brian: Ok., I agree. What else can I do for You?

Ute: Here's the list.

I promise You, this would work.

thank you

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

"This week, tens of thousands of United Automobile Worker (UAW) members are going without paychecks"

Yeah. It would be interesting to tally up how many hosts around the world have been forced to go without their delayed/missing Airbnb  payouts for weeks (and often, months) at any one time too...