CC Highlights: February 2017

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

CC Highlights: February 2017

Hello Everyone,

I thought you would all find it interesting to have a little more information on what we are achieving together here in the Community Center, therefore I would like to share with you some of the metrics from February 2017:

CC Highlights Feb 17

Just to mention, for those of you wondering what I am referring to by 'Most Helpful Answer' you will find this button only in the Community Help Board. This enables the original poster of a topic to mark a reply they recieve as a 'Most Helpful Answer' solution. This will then add a little tick when viewing the topic in a board and also it will push it further up the CC search filter, therefore making it easier for others to find the answer.   

A few thread hightlights:

• February saw the launch of the Community Spotlight feature here in the Community Center, where we ask another community member a series of questions to get to know them a little better. Thanks again to Andrea for taking part. Take a look here.
  • I am sure many of you know @Blagoje0 here in the CC, over the past few months he shared closed to 15 Tips posts, here is one from February: Welcome Tips

I also want to congratulate our top 20 most active contributors with this snazzy name cloud: @Cynthia-and-Chris1@David126@Alice-and-Jeff0@Helen3@Gerry-And-Rashid0@Robin4@Linda108@Marit-Anne0@Huma0@Steve143@Branka-and-Silvia0@Andrea9@Helga0@Lawrene0@Cormac0@Zacharias0@Scott80, @MicheleandLouw0@Dunny0 and @Dee9

February 17 Cloud

Thank you to everyone here in the Community Center, it is amazing to speak with you every day and it would be nothing without you. 

Looking forward to all of the exciting things March will bring. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie (and @Kirstie)

(Please also feel free to share any highlights you have from February, here in this thread).

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

9 Replies 9

@Lizzie - as much as I like data mining, it would be really helpful to know what defines a "new topic".  You mean a new conversation thread or really some unique topic/guestion being asked? I'm guessing that the number of NEW "topics" are way, way, way fewer.  Someone should data mine the number of times any one of us posts to the same Help Center topic. 

You know, I know you are posting this to show that someone is watching and appreciating the help that other hosts provide for one another, so thank you.  It bothers me that an organization who fancies themselves as a tech and human connection company is really so technically far behind when it comes to data - especially clean, useful data - and is so poor at communicating with it's users - especially those users who are doing the actual connecting.  It's disheartening.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alice-and-Jeff0,

Thanks for your feedback, I am planning on posting highlights' topics every month, so I will be sure to make sure I include more information on what I am referencing to in the next one. To let you know though, 'New Topics' refers to new conversations started in the Community Center, it doesn't have to necessarily be on a new subject, but there are lots of variables on subjects matters so I think this is good to include. Hopefully with tools like the 'Most Helpful Answer' we can make it easier for others to find useful answers that have already been shared. 🙂

To add, I am really sorry to hear your disheartened by my post here, this post and the use of data is something I have put together myself, as I thought you and other community members might find this interesting to know, plus I think it is nice to recap on any fantastic threads we may have forgotten about or missed during the month.

I see this as a work in progress, so I am certainly open to any ideas you and others have.

Thanks,

Lizzie 

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie - Thank you for posting the information and I'm glad to see some data and transparency.  My disheartenment is not about your post, or you, or even the community, it's the overall knowledge that the $30 Billion company, with hosts worldwide and some millions of arrivals, that the company seems so backward when it comes to data and understanding that data.  

I'm sorry for my disenfranchisement at the moment, I'm overwhelmed with a sudden flurry of bookings yet bothered the most by the one pre-approval that expired.... why don't I know why it expired.  Did they just choose somewhere else?  Was it price or that I charge for their dog?  If they booked somewhere else, why did I have to wait for 24 hours to know? .... gah, the questions just go on and on.... And it's my own "need to know" that realizes data is all sitting right there and no one is giving it to me....it's maddening.  

Thank you for doing this, really, thank you.  I appreciate the new information, it's great and I look forward to more details.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alice-and-Jeff0,

Aww thanks for your kind words here. 🙂

I am sorry to hear about your expired pre-approval, I know it is a very personal thing speaking to potential guests/hosts and I think it is very natural to wonder more about it like you have. There could be so many reasons for this which are out of your control, perhaps they found somewhere else, but perhaps they decided to visit a completely different country or something cropped up at work which meant they could no-longer take the time off? The data might be there to say that they have booked somewhere else, but not if they haven't gone on to book somewhere else. The great thing is that you are overwelmed with bookings and on this occassion they will have missed the boat on having a lovely stay in your listing. 

Thanks again for your thoughts and I hope you have some great experiences with all your future guests!

Lizzie

--------------------

@Alice-and-Jeff0

Your an honest man, I take my hat off to you Sir.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Thank you @Lizzie I just realized that I spend to much time in front of pc :)))) Ok.....  I had a flu last two weeks so it's kind of excuse 😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thanks @Branka-and-Silvia0. Sorry to hear you have had the flu, I hope you are feeling better now. 🙂

--------------------

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thanks @Lizzie for the data and for  putting me in the Spotlight! Hope more to follow of other regulars here 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw great to hear @Andrea9. Yes, I will be posting another Spotlight soon. 🙂 

--------------------