Calendar Updates

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Calendar Updates

Calendar

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good start to the week.

I know the calendar is very important to you and as such it a regular topic here in the Community Center. With this in mind, I wanted to let you know about some improvements which have been made to the calendar as the result of host feedback. 

Now you can view your listing’s availability for 12 months at once instead of month-by-month. You can also block dates in the future when you know you can’t host. These updates and more—thanks to your input.

To find out more, take a look at this blog article.

It would be fantastic to hear your thoughts on this, please do share them here.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

45 Replies 45
Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

Thanks Lizzie for the update and blog link. The whole year option looks to be an improvement since the more recent screen views have been very spread out limiting the quantity  of information available on a single view. Regards Christine 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww fantastic to hear @Christine1, I am so pleased it will be helpful to you. Hopefully it will save you time on a daily basis.

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ahh please tell me how to get the old calendar view back. This is so impractical and hard to view my booking for the whole month/year. Is there a different view I can see? Pleaelet me know - this new UX is AWFUL!!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

uh @Lizzie I liked old calendar better bc on the left side of the screen was a calendar and on the right side was booking preferences. So I could see the calendar and easily set minimum stay for any days I want . It was on the same window in the same time. 

Now I have to look at my calendar, write down on the paper all dates for which I want to change min. stay then click on manage settings / booking settings / scroll to trip lenght / edit / add another requirement ... and then I have to look at my paper to see the dates I have to change so I can set it on my listing . When I am done I have to go back to my calendar and repeat everything for my other listings  :((((

Instead of booking/availability preferences, now on the right side of the calendar we have tips how to boost booking etc... ???!!! What were they thinking??? This is BAD BAD BAD !!!!! 1 star 

It would be great if ABB programmers would try to make and run one listining for a while .   Then their ideas and bad changes wouldn't drive 650.000 hosts crazy . 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing this @Branka-and-Silvia0. This is a great point and it is good to hear how you use this. 

Would you add this function back perhaps into the boxes that appear when you select a day or do you think there is a better what this could be intergrated into the calendar page?

--------------------

@Lizzie 

yes, please, I would like it back as it was before .

Maybe some other hosts have a better idea but I was just fine with how it was.

I have to change my minimum stay often, bc by default I have 2 days min, but if there is a gap of 1 or 3 days in a row then I have to adjust it for this specific days. 

I have tried to edit my comment to correct 'done' about it and even that doesn't work. 

New app updates for calendar are full of bugs. I have reported this and nothing is being diene about it! 

I feel axactly the same ,, i LIKE THE OLD VERSOIN MUCH MORE ...PLEASSE can i have it back ...

I agree.  The new calendar is really AWFUL.  I want to be able to view the entire month, not just one line of days of the week.  Really bad update ABB!  I now have to look at another calendar to see how reservations fold into the rest of the month.  Please give us back the old calendar! 

The new multicalendar is indeed a nightmare!  You can't see your notes, only one day is visable from one week before...how can anyone work with these changes?  Why is it every new update this platform gets worse.  Is anyone trying out these system changes first or is this just a bunch of kids poking at keyboards and eating pizzas?  Really, WTF!!!

I've been with airbnb 6  years, and been a superhost with 7 places but the GLITCHES never stop.................but get worse and worse, as if someone is intentionally trying to sabotage airbnb.  You need to talk with your host and beta test these changes first, before rollin them out.

Ken28
Level 10
Newburgh, IN

I like that you can now view an entire year, but it would be better if the year-view was editable as well. When you click on a date, if goes into that specific month's view again.

Year view would be useful for blocking/unblocking large date ranges if it were not just a link to those months.

Tracie6
Level 2
Swanage, United Kingdom

Be careful booking your calendar far in advance, I recently had a booking for two nights in July made months ago and two months ago had to cancel due to family commitments. I contacted the guest straight away and Airbnb. I received a note back from Airbnb to say as this was the first time I wouldn't be charged and now have had my commitment rating drop from 100% to 97

Darlene28
Level 2
Eastport, Canada

I had to cancel a reservation because I had a booking for the 29th and the customer wanted the 28, 29, 30 but airbnb has now blocked the 3 days and I have opening on the 28 & 30.