Check out your Superhosts rewards

Airbnb
Official Account

Check out your Superhosts rewards

Earlier this year, Airbnb announced that it was expanding its rewards program for Superhosts. Several new benefits were introduced, including an extra 20% cash bonus for referring new hosts. (Hosts can make up to $600 in referrals, depending on their location.) That’s in addition to the benefits Superhosts have long enjoyed, like priority placement in search results and the Superhost profile badge.

Since then, the Airbnb team has done more research to improve the Superhost experience even more. That’s why they’ve decided to adjust certain rewards to focus on the most impactful benefits. The goal is to expand the rewards program in the next year or so. Stay tuned for announcements on this— hopefully by early 2019.

If you’re a Superhost and want to learn more, log in to your account and visit the Superhost rewards portal.

The Airbnb team would love to hear your thoughts on Superhost rewards. Which benefits do you enjoy most? Which new benefits would you like to see?

We look forward to hearing from you on this one.

Thanks!

Legal disclaimer: By selecting "Post", you agree to share your ideas publicly and without any expectation of confidentiality or compensation of any kind. While Airbnb welcomes your contributions, Airbnb may be working independently on similar policies, products, or features, and may choose to review and/or implement your ideas in its sole discretion. You also agree that the https://www.airbnb.com/terms and https://www.airbnb.com/terms/privacy_policy apply to your use of this and all Community Center pages.

219 Replies 219
Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Superhosts should be granted the priviledge, to refuse / cancel 3 reservations per year for no reason at all..

Also they should be granted to withdraw 1 - 3 guest reviews without having to give any reason.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I'd like to see Superhosts rank well in search even if they don't choose to use Instant Book. 90% of my guests have told me they would never use Instant Book, for the same reasons I don't as a host.

Martin791
Level 4
Brisbane, Australia

I’m a Super Host from Brisbane Australia & when I travel as an Airbnb guest which is  often, using the Airbnb filter search for Super Hosts, this way I know it’s a quality stay, then on leaving the Super Hosts property my feed back let’s all future inquiries the benefits of an Airbnb Super Host 

Alan192
Level 9
Ottawa, Canada

I've been a super host for years and I have concluded it means nothing.  I received the offer a few days ago of having a "professional photographer" photograph my place, and the fee of $ 149 being waived would be my reward.  Okay, I requested the offer.  Then the photographer sends me a note about booking the time.  Let me tell you what AIRBNB considers to be a "professional":  This fellow sends me the note, and similar to guest pictures he has a picture of himself.  He is sitting in a chair, dark surroundings, and has torn/ripped jeans on both pant legs.  These are not the type of jeans you buy pre-torn and pre-ripped, these are just a lousy pair of jeans.  Ask yourself this; should a photopgrapher have a really poor photo of themselves when they present themselves to you?  I cancelled the request.  My photos have worked well for the last several years, and I have no time for this poor level of "professionalism".  I initially thought the rewards program was of value, then concluded it was little true value, and now know it is a joke / insult.  I'll continue to offer superb service to guests, but not because of what AIRBNB offers me, which, frankly is nothing.  If I offered the standard of customer serice, and perks AIRBNB offers super hosts, I would have to lower my standards, alot.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Alan192,

Welcome to the Community Center. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Superhost program. I am sorry to hear you are unhappy with it and that you didn't want to go ahead with your photography session, perhaps you could use the $100 travel credit and go somewhere nice instead. 

We are always aiming to continually improve the different Airbnb programs and so it would be really helpful to hear what ideas you have to make this better and things you would like to see. 

Thanks in advance.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Alan192 wrote:

I've been a super host for years and I have concluded it means nothing.  I received the offer a few days ago of having a "professional photographer" photograph my place, and the fee of $ 149 being waived would be my reward.  Okay, I requested the offer.  Then the photographer sends me a note about booking the time.  Let me tell you what AIRBNB considers to be a "professional":  This fellow sends me the note, and similar to guest pictures he has a picture of himself.  He is sitting in a chair, dark surroundings, and has torn/ripped jeans on both pant legs.  These are not the type of jeans you buy pre-torn and pre-ripped, these are just a lousy pair of jeans.  Ask yourself this; should a photopgrapher have a really poor photo of themselves when they present themselves to you?  I cancelled the request.  My photos have worked well for the last several years, and I have no time for this poor level of "professionalism".  I initially thought the rewards program was of value, then concluded it was little true value, and now know it is a joke / insult.  I'll continue to offer superb service to guests, but not because of what AIRBNB offers me, which, frankly is nothing.  If I offered the standard of customer serice, and perks AIRBNB offers super hosts, I would have to lower my standards, alot.

@Alan192  you just wrote @Airbnb "offers me, which, frankly is nothing". 

Doesn't AirBnb offer you a PLATFORM, INTEGRATED MODULES & SYSTEMS, Exposure to Millions of Guests, a place for you to advertise your rentals and derive REVENUE, Customer Support & Service??  The answer to ALL of the above is a resounding "YES".

How about you take your Listings OFF AirBnb and see where that gets you?  Use another platform.  Bet you're not going to do that right?  ****

And also AirBnb WOULD HAVE SAVED the money from hiring your own Professional Photographer.  This is a GENEROUS OFFER from AirBnb which benefits 1000s of Hosts with professional quality photos, and instead of even giving it a chance, you PRE-judge the outcome & results, SPIT all over AirBnb, in every other post you make on this forum, and in YOUR WORDS call it a "joke / insult".

[Inappropriate content hidden – inline with the Community Center Guidelines]

@Basil6 You took Alan's words out of context. He was speaking to what Airbnb offers to Superhosts, which it's true, is not much for all the hoops we have to jump through to meet their absurd rating %s. A $100 voucher to use towards an Airbnb stay, which most of us are too busy to use, or a "professional" photographer, whom most hosts have reported were next to useless, the hosts' own photos were better and more accurately showcased the listing, we don't get great search placement if we don't use IB, even though they claim we do, and many guests are totally unaware of what "Superhost" means anyway- they just look for the cheapest listing.

@Sarah977 wrote:

@Basil6 You took Alan's words out of context. He was speaking to what Airbnb offers to Superhosts, which it's true, is not much for all the hoops we have to jump through to meet their absurd rating %s. A $100 voucher to use towards an Airbnb stay, which most of us are too busy to use, or a "professional" photographer, whom most hosts have reported were next to useless, the hosts' own photos were better and more accurately showcased the listing, we don't get great search placement if we don't use IB, even though they claim we do, and many guests are totally unaware of what "Superhost" means anyway- they just look for the cheapest listing.

Really @Sarah977?  Is that the reason why @Alan feels compelled to denigrate and judge people based on their appearance and clothes, a person who is just trying to make a living and feed his family, and why @Alan spits all over AirBnb at every remote possible opportunity? 

Check out the photos on my listings which AirBnb sponsored, and shot by a surfer dude living on the beach.  Should I have PRE-judged him, and his skills as a photographer, like @Alan resorts to doing?  

I used the abnb photography service before superhost status. Paid it for it myself. What I got was shocking result all round.

abnb tell the photographer how THEY want the property to look and what shots to take. TAKE NOTE- you are not booking a photographer you are having abnb tell you what to take with little option to ask the, to take shots that you think are good.
they tell the photographer to not do certain things - without telling you- like don’t put rolled towels on the beds. 
they take a 40% cut.leaving you with Low quality photographers. Instead of a service to help you get better bookings etc they use this as a massive money making excersize 

they upload the photos to your profile. They don’t send you copies to pick and choose AND YOU DONT KNOW HOW LONG THIS WILL TAKE.  Therefore you can have awful photos not in order for days without realising it.

best of all: 

my photos were unusable excepting ONE.   OF THE 15 - 14 were truly AWFULL. 

DO NOT USE THEIR PHOTO SERVICE. 

Coco30
Level 3
Sydney, Australia

Hello Lizzie,

I was airbnb photographer one year ago. I put it on hold because I was busy with hosting my properties. But now I can't find my photography dashboard any where. I called airbnb help line. But so far no luck. Could you look in to this please.

I also feel the photographer service has declined, I was offered for a special photoshoot for Airbnb Plus. The photographer canceled the booked just one hour before arriving. I wast a day preparing my apartment. 

Kind regards,
Coco
Dennis-Hong0
Level 1
Ipoh, Malaysia

Reward? appreciate if I could get 20 days of my apartment being booked 🙂 that is your reward to me

Coco30
Level 3
Sydney, Australia

For me personaly I don't feel Airbnb Plus benfit superhost. I feel I miss out more bookings, also my other superhost friends too. Just feel some guests have trouble to find us because they don't know how to swich off the Plus button. And to get on the Plus listing is painfuly slow and requst a lot changes...... 

Coco, yes I have been offered Plus but its taking 

months and yes I had to do about 22 corrections. One was to take a picture of the fridge without food in it. We were staying and fixing things so we had some food in the fridge. I have been waiting 2 weeks for an answer to one picture!

Joanne141
Level 9
Port Douglas, AU

Love the idea of being rewarded with $100 travel vouchers. That would make me a happy Superhost 😄