Check out your Superhosts rewards

Airbnb
Official Account

Check out your Superhosts rewards

Earlier this year, Airbnb announced that it was expanding its rewards program for Superhosts. Several new benefits were introduced, including an extra 20% cash bonus for referring new hosts. (Hosts can make up to $600 in referrals, depending on their location.) That’s in addition to the benefits Superhosts have long enjoyed, like priority placement in search results and the Superhost profile badge.

Since then, the Airbnb team has done more research to improve the Superhost experience even more. That’s why they’ve decided to adjust certain rewards to focus on the most impactful benefits. The goal is to expand the rewards program in the next year or so. Stay tuned for announcements on this— hopefully by early 2019.

If you’re a Superhost and want to learn more, log in to your account and visit the Superhost rewards portal.

The Airbnb team would love to hear your thoughts on Superhost rewards. Which benefits do you enjoy most? Which new benefits would you like to see?

We look forward to hearing from you on this one.

Thanks!

Legal disclaimer: By selecting "Post", you agree to share your ideas publicly and without any expectation of confidentiality or compensation of any kind. While Airbnb welcomes your contributions, Airbnb may be working independently on similar policies, products, or features, and may choose to review and/or implement your ideas in its sole discretion. You also agree that the https://www.airbnb.com/terms and https://www.airbnb.com/terms/privacy_policy apply to your use of this and all Community Center pages.

219 Replies 219
Vicky139
Level 2
Wirksworth, United Kingdom

I have just been awarded Superhost for period Oct-Dec 2018 with a voucher worth $100 and a code to use when I next book accommodation. It is the same code as I was given the previous quarter (July-Sept 2018) and they both have an expiry date of 1April 2019. I th8nk I am entitled to two,rewards and they both should,have a6 month life. Can you help unpick the problem, 

please? I do,use the voucher every time and really am motivated by the rewards -I,just need to get $200 worth for the two latest quarters. Thanks

Vicky P

@Vicky139  It's a $100 voucher per year of keeping superhost status, not $100 per quarter.

Paul661
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Nearly left airbnb, as superhost status too hard to get with large booking numbers even though i have 100% response.

Ive been stuck on 4.7 with about 200 bookings  a year covering most of the year, my neigbour who gets 20 bookings a year is on 4.8 and gets all the extra money as a superhost simply because they over charge ppl and  charge them 200$ more a night to be in attendance to attend to any whims but doesnt have to cover expenses on each hosting when not there.

Air bnb makes$ 800 from my neigbour  and $10,000 from me, unless i charge guests a extra $100 a night to simple not have  some dust on  the table, the door mat was crooked etc etc etc. its more about having someone there to attend to any needs but that increases costs hugely min 20$ a hour.

Reward the ppl you make money off airbnb, reduce the score for hosts that hosts with 100% response rates and the occasional one  4/5 on all other 5/5 visits with 100+ stays a year.

Ive had the most stupid coments from some guests, where is the airport, we expected breakfreast and meals, why arent you here to let me in, theres no champane.. Can you ask airbnb to del them no, its there opinon, i was lived when over xmas some guests gave me 3 stars bc of value the next cheapest was $400 a night trolls.

You only need 10 guests who know how to milk free stays to stuff you up, ive had 5 banned  found guilty of this but you still get the negative review and 4.8/5 is too hard to get. 

PS the ppl banned  or didnt review where actually rung by police bc i had some evidence it sucks to have to do this. (ie breaking stuff soiling linens) putting vegimite on light switches (one actually got a 4 night stay free from airbnb by this trick 2018 easter) 

Oh and Australia in March 2019 Airbnb by law will provide all income to the Tax office, means the mums and days will pay more tax but the overshore hosts which acount for over 30% of the market will not, essensially kill off the market.. we then simply advertise though other agencies not AIRBNB

Debbie59
Level 2
Butte, MT

There must be rules when referring a host that I am unaware of. I have referred 3 that are listed now on Airbnb and I have been refused I guess.  One is my sister that lives in another state and I even flew there to help her get it ready.  Another is my cousin that listed in a company name not her own name which may have been the problem. Then I had an awesome guest that have properties on VRBO and after we talked called to list on Airbnb also. I don’t see any benefit to me. If the name is on my contact list it came from me right? 

Also I agree about the travel voucher’s. It is nice to receive $100 but I am on social security and will not be able to use it. A gift card would be nice to use on sprucing up guest area. 

Ronald180
Level 1
North Wahroonga, Australia

couldný agree more.Fantastic job done. If ever I list my house for sale I will use the photos

Gloria448
Level 1
San Salvador, El Salvador

How can I find out the date I became a Superhost? I have a trip coming up and would like to use my reward.

Kim506
Level 2
Santa Fe, NM

I love the idea of a $100 voucher... being a busy host and working another job as well it is difficult to use so the time limitation to use it limits me.  This time I used it for work, thinking I would then take that $100 and use it when I could actually book it.  Then when I tried to print up my receipt to present for reimbursement it did not show up with the total price of the booking but rather in large print the value less the $100 and the 'coupon' in small print.  To me the total should be large with the payment being the $100 and my credit card.  So basically I did not get to use my $100 ... 

Jan105
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Just a warning to all Superhosts. I received a reward on 08 October of either a discount on my next Airbnb booking or a free photography session. I clearly indicated that I choose the free photography session and followed the online prompts. A photographer got in touch, took great pictures and upload to Airbnb. I was delighted and thought this was a great incentive from Airbnb. Till I got my next payout a week or two later and saw R1362 deducted from my payout for the photography. It has now been more than two weeks and I am still no closer to Airbnb recognizing the mistake and paying my money due. What was suppose to be a reward has now just left a bitter taste in my mouth. Be warned, don't trust anything from Airbnb!!

Edie55
Level 1
Castle Hayne, NC

Why does The reward have to expire. Why can’t we receive the hundred dollars and hold onto it until the next year and put 200 towards staying somewhere? By putting  an expiration on it I imagine over half the people never even get to use their reward. I think if you really want to reward us then please do not put an expiration date on the reward.