Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

Airbnb
Official Account

Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

BeloRauschBG.png

The past few months have been a tough time for all of us, especially hosts and guests. We’ve been listening closely to your feedback in all its forms and working tirelessly to create solutions because we know that encountering delays—especially when it comes to customer service or payments—is incredibly frustrating. 

In the latest Host Update, Catherine Powell sits down with Tara Bunch, our new Global Head of Operations, to offer transparency about how we’re strengthening our customer service team and to explain more about our payment process for hosts. Once you’ve watched the video, we’d really love to hear from you. Please let us know what you’d like covered in future Host Updates with Catherine. As always, thank you for sharing the topics that matter to you.

Visit the Resource Article

245 Replies 245

Dear Ian, Anne ,

We have not got any payments, nothing arrived and today is 02.10.2020

, we are so grateful for all responses and worries from such lovely people as you!  My girls were born in London and I took them to Chile father's country to learn Spanish and to get know the place where their father comes from. My girls are so proud to be British, ( have photos they show at schools here, their proud of being British ) ) , teach English other kids here in Chile and history, the places I showed them back in the UK. We had so many great guests from the UK visiting Puerto Varas Chile and my girls could not wait to meet people from the UK and just talk to them ( it was always so emotional ). I feel so bad now, blame myself that it is my fault, my kids are now in such a difficult situation. BUT it is Airbnb who makes our life a hell - we do everything possible to bring the guests to our places, no tourists for now - only people who come for work- the that means higher electricity bills, faster internet speed, etc. And for 6 weeks no payment. The excuses we got, we published and are ridicules. Airbnb does not pay us for 6 weeks, we have nothing, and my child took the phone talking to Airbnb ( I have recorded it ) my heart broke. Airbnb makes our life a hell!  - we and our children work to get bookings and we are not getting paid. Until today 02.10.2020 nothing was paid for bookings made in 25.08.2020 . What to do , what to do 

Katie , 

I have been living in London for 17 and my husband 23 years, my children were born in London, please support us but please do not lie to us. NOBODy called Sergi contacted us even once. NOBODY called us, We have an enormous amount of references numbers, front line Airbnb employees names, emails we sent to you and payment support for three weeks (the first 3 weeks was the escalating report system which has reached the Himalayas before finally somebody called Jenell from payment department contacted us via the messaging system  ) as we were in touch with Airbnb since 05.09.20 ( for everything we have proof including recorded conversation ). I have learned back in the UK that you have to collect everything to make your case, ( but over there in London we had gentlemen word which means a lot ) . 

But what I learned was about transparency, honesty,  to be communicative, respect, empathy. 

#

You or your colleagues are lying - there is nothing correct in your message!  No Sergi ever contacted us, no payments were ever offered, nothing was offered! WE SENT YOU in the personal message all information so read it . Apparently, you did not otherwise you would not send such message which only shows a lack of knowledge in our case or complete miscommunication. Please read first our case, collect all information and respond. NO  Sergi ever contacted us, nobody did anything about the payment, AND NEVER EVER dare to blame us for lack of any action -  this you AIRBNB you did nothing - YOU passes our personal details to people who were paying cash in the shops in Antofagasta and Calama  for our reservations ( we have proved it ) , you have changed our bank details in the default account payout this is why money were returning , YOU were receiving for weeks returned the money and did nothing  . Do not dare anymore to pass the blame on us - enough! 

Katie,

Nobody called Sergi ever contacted us! , Anything from your message is close to the truth.  All information in your message is a lie. Stop doing it. Stop fulling with your hosts! what we have done to you ? How dare you  ( Airbnb) to treat us this way? We sent you a personal message, we sent all information with bank statements to all emails, we are soooo tired broke and bullied. How you can go to bed knowing that you are getting paid with the hard-earned money we have never got? Stop lying. stop using excuses  , please , please pay us , please 

@Catherine-Powell 

How long it will take you to resolve this issue? We got from all missing payments since 25.08.2020 - just 72.800 CLP just 2 days ago - so by a miracle all my bank details are, were correct. If you could send this amount - why you do not send all you own me - this is more than 24000 000 CLP. Instead, your people keep sending me messages - sorry, we investigate and understand us. I will be thrown on the street with my kids if I do not pay rent- what about bills, food. 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kevin108, welcome to the CC, and I'm sorry to hear about your payment delay. I've just sent you a DM with more info on your case - please take a look when you get a minute 😊

@Monika-And-Domingo0 

Did You meanwhile get Your payment?  Katie wrote:

"but unfortunately they are still waiting on an action on your end."

Are they really waiting for an action on Your end?

HI Ute, no , nothing, ganz  nicht  we got again as each night we get the message :

Oct 2, 2020

Airbnb Support5:04 AM
Hi Monika,

Thank you for your kind patience during this time. I am glad to inform you that there is an update on this incident.

Our engineers are fully aware of this and are working to reclaim and re-direct payouts via an alternate processor.

The payouts are currently in the midst of returning back to Airbnb and then it will be reissued through another processor.

I saw that $72,805 CLP has been reissued via the new route on Oct 1. You should be receive the funds from this onwards. I will continue to monitor the progress and keep you updated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

This is the lats booking and guest left today - we just came back from cleaning the flat - estimated payment arrival - 09.10.20. Airbnb is paying with us - what about all missing payments from August? 

No money arrived. God, please I can not leave my children to go back to Europe looking for a job, why Airbnb is doing it to us? we are now getting into even bigger debt. Electricity bills, communal charges bills, internet bills etc etc . why, what we have done, please Airbnb pay us all money, we have nothing now, please 

forgive us - Airbnb DOES not pay us. I am sorry, I am so tired. We call every single day, once, twice and even 4times  a day and nothing - until 02.10.2020 NO  payments arrived for bookings since 25.08.2020 , nothing , the same messages that we understand and sorry etc , no money . God please , please Airbnb pay us , please 

Hi@Monika-And-Domingo0 ,

have You meanwhile received Your payments?

no . we got only 72, 805 CLP  from last night booking paid in cash by someone in Calama in northern Chile in the shop - Airbnb gave our personal details to somebody who went to the shop in Chile not even bank but shop which uses SERVIPAG system- had to fill up all our details ( bank account, RUT  - all correct because we got this money ) and put the cash - this is not bank transfer. Today we received a message that next payout can not be sent because of wrong bank details.  This is what Airbnb is doing. They have and always had our details correct - they just have manually added extra number to my RUT in their payment processor and they do not remove it, they do not want to pay our money. Tomorrow I have a deadline to pay rent if not the owners will ask us to leave and put us on the DECOM list. I called today USA customer service and cried from my lungs to send all my money.  They are destroying our life. 

Deposito En Efectivo Servipag N°8387954

Calama

Hi @Monika-And-Domingo0 

Just to clarify here on this thread...

After 6 weeks of receiving no payouts,  Airbnb has finally issued a payout for your most recent booking  of just 72,800 CLP, out of a total of 1,873,151 CLP that you are owed. Is that correct?

Also, has this money (72800) actually arrived in your account yet, or you've just received the notification telling you that it will arrive by October 9th?

cc. @Ute42 @Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 @Mary419 

Penelope

Hi Penelope ,

That is correct - they issued only 72.800 CLP with the notification that money will be on my account on 09.10.2020 but yesterday 03.10.2020 in less than 24 h  we got it and this amount was paid in cash by somebody in Calama north Chile in the shop using Servipad- not in the bank but the shop where you can buy beer. Servipag is the system where you can pay your bills, put some money in the account but you always need to fill-up the form with all correct details. So Airbnb gave our details ( full name. account number, RUT - all confidential, correct amount of money to be paid to those people we do not know and they paid us cash deposit. If details would not be correct we would not get this payment. So Airbnb is lying telling us that we need to update our payout account as bank details are not correct this is why money is returning to them. They have an internal mistake on the payment processor which they have to manually correct but they are not doing it.  Nothing else was paid - today we got another message from express@airbnb.com that next payment returned because our bank details are not correct - you see, this is madness! MY account details always were correct -ALWAYS, this is Airbnb who doing something internally. And how on earth Airbnb is giving all our details to people in Calama or Antofagasta to pay us cash deposit and those details are correct because we got one payment - Nobody calls us - I asked hundreds of times -nothing. 

Hi Penelope,

unfortunately, Airbnb is removing my updates. 

Monika

@Monika-And-Domingo0

No worries, Monika. The information and documentation you've already sent me is all we need anyway. I've spoken tonight with a couple of the people I mentioned to you this afternoon, and I have a call with the main one first thing in the morning. I'll be in touch as soon as I'm done. And try to get some proper sleep tonight! 😏

Penelope
Monika-And-Domingo0
Level 7
Puerto Varas, Chile

Hi, 

@Catherine-Powell ,we are hosts of  3 apartments in Puerto Varas in Chile. We have reopned in August 2020 after few months of being closed since 20.03.2020. We had in May and June 2020, only 6 bookings from first-line workers as doctors, police and until end of July we had to reject any other requests.  Until 24.08.2020 we were getting paid for our bookings , those in May and June and those first in August  but then all payments stopped from all 3 apartments. The next payouts deadline was 03.09.2020 but nothing arrived. We called Airbnb and of course we got the same usual reply. We will issue the ticket and somebody will contact you and still check with your bank again. We HAVE CHECKED  with our bank , we went to our bank and they showed us very clearly that the last payement was done on 24.08.2020 for 216.970 CLP BUT !!!!!! and this becomes scary , really scary - the payment was done by cash cheque by some individual in Antofagasta ( north Chile ) to our account . We have started checking all previous payments and all of them for August bookings were done in Antofagasta by cash cheque for exact amount and exactly on the day of the estimate  arrival payment day.  We have reportet it immediatelly to Airbnb - and guess what since 04.09.2020 calling each day and recently calling event to USA office - NOTHING , we are getting the same answer - "we are escalating this to another department , somebody will call you back , we are very sorry ". Really ? I have names of people I talked to . I have references numbers and each time I call I am getting nothing . I have then checked bookings payments I had in May and June - and guess what - They are also were paid cash in Antofagasta and .... in Calama . YOU Airbnb can not send me any bank transfer confirmation proof becasue you have not done since March for my bookings any bank transfers to my account . Your employee do not even understand how the bank transfer confirmation looks like ? really ??? Resending me your internal confirmation ( the same you send to our email when the payment is released ) is NOT a bank transfer confirmation - it is your internal coding , means nothing to me and to the banks.  We lost our jobs because of this virus , we could not rent our flats for months, we now not even getting paid from you ) our only income ) Are you not ashemed ? Somebody internally made decision to change method payment , paying cash by somebody in Antofagasta or Calama ? We are on mercy on some Peptio, Carlito or whoever this person is ?  You are not reacting at all to such urgent  and importnat issue.  This is  not even about payments are not arriving but aslo that the last bookings were paid in cash by AIRBNB - this is illegal what Airbnb is doing , breaching any standards , and ignorig us completelly . We are tired, angry, disappointed and scared that we never get our money from you or we will have to wait for your INVESTIGATION for months and yet you carry on sending OUR money somewhere but not to our account.  Those escalations reached Himalayas already - as you keep escalating to god knows which department - I had heard already about payments department, safty& security department . SOS department and all promising that we will recieve asap call - NOTHING . We are now seriously considering to report it to FTC as we are not getting anything from you . This silence and lack of action only reasure us that Airbnb is very well aware of this scam and fraud and does not know what to do with this mess. We will also send emails to other institutions. The way you airbnb is treating us - is discusting. You are taking money from all our guests - guests who keep returning to us because of our service , and you do not pay us , breaching the payment conditions. If things will not be sorted in two days . we are taking this case further . Regards, Monika