Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

Airbnb
Official Account

Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

BeloRauschBG.png

The past few months have been a tough time for all of us, especially hosts and guests. We’ve been listening closely to your feedback in all its forms and working tirelessly to create solutions because we know that encountering delays—especially when it comes to customer service or payments—is incredibly frustrating. 

In the latest Host Update, Catherine Powell sits down with Tara Bunch, our new Global Head of Operations, to offer transparency about how we’re strengthening our customer service team and to explain more about our payment process for hosts. Once you’ve watched the video, we’d really love to hear from you. Please let us know what you’d like covered in future Host Updates with Catherine. As always, thank you for sharing the topics that matter to you.

Visit the Resource Article

245 Replies 245
Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

We had assistance all morning, again today and once again removed and reentered our payout method so it will be another 10 working days before this is functioning. Is it worth canceling a future guest to get some quicker result?

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Marg11

I've replied to you in another discussion but I wanted to pop a note here as well just to be on the safe side - I've pinged the team about this issue for you, and will let you know if I get any more updates!

Thanks, 

Emilie 

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

Thanks Elilie.

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

Sorry, Emilie for misspelling your name.

Airbnb support has contacted me again to say that we need to set our account as 'default' which it is set at. We have reset it several times.

Airbnb has also sent an email saying we will be paid by 13 May which will be 2 months since the first guest stayed, whose payment has not arrived.

My husband and cohost, who is an accountant, considers it like 'skimming', an internal fraud practice where clients' money is borrowed and repaid when funds from another account are stolen.

We are not as badly off as other Airbnb hosts as despite the recent increase in food and fuel prices we can manage on our part pensions and superannuation. However, we are now using our savings to purchase necessities and pay to our cleaner. At least we have savings.

It is also partially our fault as we used our February payouts to purchase new bed linen and lovely colourful indigenous patterned quilt covers.

Marg.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Marg11 Thanks for letting me know what's happened on your end! I'm glad someone has contacted you and that it's looking like things will get moving very soon now. 🙂

On a side note, I would LOVE to see those quilt covers!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

Hi Emilie,

Thanks to you for your effort. The 4 missing payouts arrived in our account this afternoon so we can stay afloat. Current guests' payout is still to come. However, we can buy bread & milk on Thursday for our next guest, pay our cleaner and keep supplies topped up.

Will take a photo of the indigenous quilt covers on Thursday during the changeover.

Marg.