Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

Airbnb
Official Account

Customer service updates, payments, and more in the latest Host Update with Catherine Powell

BeloRauschBG.png

The past few months have been a tough time for all of us, especially hosts and guests. We’ve been listening closely to your feedback in all its forms and working tirelessly to create solutions because we know that encountering delays—especially when it comes to customer service or payments—is incredibly frustrating. 

In the latest Host Update, Catherine Powell sits down with Tara Bunch, our new Global Head of Operations, to offer transparency about how we’re strengthening our customer service team and to explain more about our payment process for hosts. Once you’ve watched the video, we’d really love to hear from you. Please let us know what you’d like covered in future Host Updates with Catherine. As always, thank you for sharing the topics that matter to you.

Visit the Resource Article

245 Replies 245

Hi @Joanna578 ,

If you still haven’t managed to sort out your payment problems, there are a couple of things I would suggest.  

First of all,—do you have a PayPal account that you can connect as a payout destination?  If so, I have found there are a lot less excuses that Airbnb can use to delay and/or not pay.

Second, if you have exhausted all other avenues,
I would highly recommend posting on all of your  social media platforms about your experience.  Also, if there is any local media firm who would listen to you and be willing to publish a story on your behalf,—that would also be great as bad publicity seems to be an excellent motivator for Airbnb.

Best of luck!

Julieanna
Joanna578
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hello Julia 

Thank you for responding.

We still have not received the huge sum of money they owe us.

We have contacted them through Instagram and LinkedIn to no avail.

We are looking into the small courts to claim back the money.

@Joanna578 , it looks like you won’t be the first or the last to sue them.  

I found this article online,—and it has some helpful points, including how to write a demand letter.  https://www.peopleclerk.com/post/how-to-sue-airbnb

This site might also help you:  https://www.airbnbhell.com/five-star-airbnb-host-zero-star-service/.

So sorry you are going through this as it is so very frustrating!  I would definitely suggest switching to another platform as I don’t see how Airbnb is going to stay in business, especially if B Chesky doesn’t step down.  

Julieanna
Scott-A135
Level 1
Saskatoon, Canada

We have had an ongoing problem with Airbnb not releasing payment for over a month now.  The support people have been useless so far.  Ever since they requested updated business information we have not been paid since mid October.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Have you found a way to resolve it?

I have the same problem, for weeks and weeks I am sick and f…..g tired of their crap . Craig Hancocks , Plettenberg Bay SA . 

Same issue for me. Not been paid for 6 resrvations. Shows up in transaction history as an upcoming payout but has not been paid for the past 3 weeks now. Customer service agent tells me give it some time without any limit!!

How do I lodge a formal complaint , your staff are not assisting me with my payouts issue . I added my SOUTH AFRICA TAX DETAILS FOR ‘ 2021 , end of December’2020 . Now I am told my payouts have been stopped due to no SA TAX INFO ON YOUR SYSTEMS ??!!!!!!. DAFT , to say it nicely . NOW YOUR STAFF ARE ALL TO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND, “ PLEASE SEND ME THE SA TAX FORM TO COMPLETE “ , Or  they lack Rnglish skills ? . FED UP NOW AGTER WEEKS AMD WEEKS OF TRYING TO MAKE SOMRBODY UNDER , the replies I get are absolutely hilarious!!!!!!!!!!. SORT IT OUT OR I GO THE NEWSPAPERS . 

@Craig671  This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service. I'm sorry you aren't receiving your payments, but you are yelling in all caps at other hosts here, who can't facilitate your payouts, not Airbnb.

Sorry I never realised that , no need to have an anxiety attack about it 

@Craig671  An anxiety attack? That's what you call letting you know this isn't Airbnb cuustomer service so you'd realize this won't reach who you were directing it to? 

Most posters say thank you.

Sadly, @Craig671 , most of @Airbnb‘s support ambassadors are volunteers.  They probably are trying to do the best they can with the knowledge they have.  I agree with @Sarah977 , this isn’t the place to directly address customer service, as we’re other hosts.  However, I can tell you from my past personal experience, @Airbnb  doesn’t like public exposure.  

I know it is so difficult to stay calm when, a large majority of the time, the responses you are given don’t even make logical sense.  Again, remember, the support ambassadors are probably reading the same thing over and over from a script provided to them and don’t know what to say beyond that.  Insist that a manager contact you.  Try to get them to do this via the app or email so that you have a written record of conversation.  Check the legalities of recording phone conversations in your area,—most places allow for this as long as you disclose it up front at the beginning of the phone call.  I personally use an app on my mobile phone called “TapeACall.”  This can also help in resolving problems with Airbnb.

Your idea of going to the local news is a good one.  Also, use any social media you have at your disposal in order to garner some type of response.  @Lizzie , can you step in here and refer someone to help?

Best of luck going forward!

Julieanna
Ashit6
Level 2
Paris, France

@Catherine-PowellI have close to 100,000 Rupees overdue. I have been with customer support for the past 4 days and I am not getting a satisfying answer. Cud u pl assist  thanks

Ashit6
Level 2
Paris, France

@Catherine-PowellI am a superhost and sadly I must state that I am owed more than 166K INR for the last 6 Reservations. I can see it in upcoming payouts in the transaction history but I am not getting paid since December 17th 2021 and it is now coming to 3 Weeks despite going through customer service numerous times. Pl help

@Ashit6  Catherine Powell does not read nor respond to posts here. This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests.

Marg11
Level 10
Warwick, Australia

Posted this today to Airbnb:

We have reset our account several times and Airbnb tested it by crediting 1 cent.

We are now owed $1351.86 AU for 4 guests: 
We can not continue providing accommodation for free and paying costs out of our part pension.

Anyone else not paid?