Airbnb_0-1635158381876.png

If you have an EU property listing, or have an EU country of residence according to our records, new EU law (“DAC 7”) requires Airbnb to collect and share your taxpayer information on your listings. We built a new product to make it easier for hosts to provide income tax info and assign to each listing. 

After January 1, 2023, Hosts will have 60 days from the date of your first 2023 check-in to provide this information.

If we don’t receive the requested information within 60 days of your first 2023 check-in:

• We will be required to suspend your ability to accept new bookings or receive payouts from completed stays until your taxpayer information is received. 

Avoid interruptions to your payouts in 2023 - add income tax info to your Account today. 

We have also started compiling answers to your most common EU tax questions, and will continue updating as we hear more. What questions do you have about these upcoming EU tax changes?

20 Replies

Re: EU Hosts - Airbnb requires taxpayer information. Submit your info to keep hosting

in
St. Petersburg, FL
Level 2

I have a listing in Poland and this new law threw me in for a loop. I’m not an entrepreneur and  have no Tax ID number in Poland.  Furthermore, I reside in US and pay taxes in US. Not only I have no tax id in Poland, I do not know how to obtain one.

I asked host support for help in finding out how to obtain one, but my request was only answered with a generic link to the Polish law which did not help i any way to solve my problem.

I am very disappointed in complete lack of Airbnb host support in this matter. They have a team in Poland and surely that team pays taxes in Poland so someone on that team would be able to advise on how to obtain Polish Tax id. I hope the Airbnb management could reconsider this and create a resource for those of us who are in this situation. I am sure I am not the only one.

Re: EU Hosts - Airbnb requires taxpayer information. Submit your info to keep hosting

Online Community Manager in
London, United Kingdom
Online Community Manager

@Anna636 I understand it can be confusing especially when your listing is in a different country, so thank you for raising this! I've passed it onto the team, I'll let you know as soon as I know more. 😃

Can’t find what you’re searching for?
Click start a conversation to ask the Airbnb Community! 

in
Achères-la-Forêt, France
Host Advisory Board Member

Hello @Anna636 ,

You should complete with your US tax ID at least.

Maybe there is a tax agreement for US citizen,

maybe not and you need to have a Polish tax Id to host in Poland.

When you started to host, you didn't look for the legal and tax requirement in Poland?

Here is a link to ask your question to the EU commission directly

https://european-union.europa.eu/contact-eu/write-us_fr

Hope this will help!

Delphine

in
England, United Kingdom
Level 10

@Anna636 It appears the EU law is starting to bear fruit. To have a listing in Poland but only pay tax in America is fundamentally wrong. Almost all jurisdictions require tax to be paid in the listing's country. Airbnb are not responsible for sorting out your tax evasion. I suggest you get an accountant in Poland asap and work out the best way to avoid large fines or jail sentences.

in
Darwin, Australia
Level 10

Nothing new here in Australia. Our Airbnb income has been reported to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for quite a few years now….. whether you earn a small amount or are a big player, the information is sent to the ATO. 

in
Auckland, New Zealand
Level 10

@Sybe @Airbnb 

What about the message to provide Photo ID to confirm who one is for payments?
I have had that message pop up I won't be paid my ABB Guests payments for accommodation, despite the fact in New Zealand it's NOT  a legal requirement to have or provide 'Photo ID' such as a Drivers License or Passport, nor do we have a National ID card so counts a few out of been able to verify one is who one is...

On the surface it's questionable to provide such information online..,,

@Brian @Catherine-Powell @Emilie 

Comment