Early access for Superhosts: custom Airbnb web addresses

Airbnb
Official Account

Early access for Superhosts: custom Airbnb web addresses

Superhosts deserve web addresses that are as unique as their homes and hospitality. And soon, all Superhosts will be able to create a custom web address—an exclusive, easy-to-remember link that will help guests find their specific listings and make it easier to brand and promote their business. That’s right, no more lengthy web addresses that include random numbers and symbols (unless you prefer them, of course).

In the next couple of months, we’ll be introducing custom links to Superhosts. Superhosts will receive an email or a dashboard notification with a link to create their personalized web addresses.

Let’s brainstorm some ideas to make your link stand out. First, here’s what the new format will look like:

• airbnb.com/h/[your custom name]

Some web address examples:

• /french-alps-vacation-homes-and-cabins
  • /babu-getaways
  • /helens-homes
  • /private-room-in-barcelona-city-center

Things to think about:

• What makes your space special?
  • Is your space in a unique location?
  • What makes your area or city one-of-a-kind?

Tips on making your custom link easier to read:

• Use lowercase letters
  • Use hyphens, if you wish, but no other symbols or punctuation
  • Keep it short: 100 characters or fewer is ideal
  • Keep it private: don’t include contact information such as last names, email addresses, or phone numbers

Other points to keep in mind:

• Avoid the word “Airbnb” and any trademarks or brand names, unless you own them or are authorized to use them
  • Steer clear of misleading information such as “verified” and “official,” and impersonations of another person, entity, or listing
  • See our policy with more details on what is allowed

This feature was designed so Superhosts can create memorable web addresses, put them on business cards and in email signatures, and promote them on social media. In the coming months, all Superhosts will get access to this feature—thank you for providing hospitality as unique as your future web address.

*Superhosts are allowed one custom URL per listing. If at some point, you’re no longer a Superhost, you will be able to keep your custom web address. If your listing becomes deactivated, the custom URL is then available for another listing to claim. 

1,400 Replies 1,400

However, then you wouldn't have the option of what they use for the link?...

@Lyn68 wrote:

Maybe it's something that airbnb should cover so that hosts less media-savvy can understand as their newsletter certainly didn't cover it for the likes of me.

I print business cards with our long  URL with some photos and our street address. I give them to guests (with their code for the keypad door lock on the back) so if they need to order an Uber or Lyft, they have the address handy. The URL is helpful if they want to recommend us to others they know traveling to the area. I give the card to neighbors who have referred folks to stay with us when they can't accommodate them (e.g., a couple with a baby in a one-bedroom who need a place for the grandparents to stay when they come to visit).  A shorter address would be helpful as well -- easier to type, easier to remember than our current one. And having Airbnb.com in the URL gives it a bit more legitimacy than a tinyURL address offers. 

Most of my guests use Uber/Lyft. I like that idea and will put it to use when my new link. I also get alot of referrals from neighbors and friends and the business cards are a great way to get them my info. Thanks for the idea :)!

Lynn

I totally agree with you, have no idea how the link works

Marianne 

Tauranga new Zealand 

Lin, it's just an easy way for people to remember your place.  For example, the link to our Airbib in Charleston, SC is:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/plus/28289755?location=Charleston%2C%20SC%2C%20United%20States&adults=2...

...which is pretty long so I plan to take advantage of this offer to make it easier to remember, like maybe:

Polished-Guest-Suite-Charleston-SC

I didn't hyperlink this but I guess I could have.  It's nice of Airbnb to offer this feature.  

Kind regards, Mike - Charleston, SC

How about instead long web addresses you put a link to location 7XMR+HC Zakopane, Poland.

Simple like this you get all the information you need to book and how to get there in one place.

Thanks for that explanation!I totally agree Mike 1591. This link will accelerate the process of bookings particularly for the repeater. 

Sheila55
Level 2
Hilversum, Netherlands

Hi Lyn, did you ever get sorted because I agree with you and dont understand what I must do with this.

What if you want people to come back to your place next year? Having a crd they can take when they visit and a meaningful name will make it easier. They could also recommend your place more easily.

Additionally some do other things to get traffic directly to their listing ... not just hope someone stumbles on it with a search.

There are also other benefits if you plan to treat it as a business that are beyond the scope of a quick reply.

Suffice it to say  for those that promote more than placing it on the platform it has some pretty hefty benefits.

I probably will add them in WhatsApp/facebook etc

Thank you Michael 3670! I totally agree that by using the new link in social media will only help us hosts. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you want to promote your listing other than through airbnb it is relevent.

My apartment is next to a major Boston area university.  I network with university professionals.

Handing out a business card with my airbnb link (that has a cool catchy name) is useful.

Same thing with facebook...lots of folks in my parents' group regularly look for places when visiting family are coming.

The current link consists of a bunch of random letters and numbers.  A new link with a title that is cool and catch is helpful and easy to remember.

Lyn, I understand where you are coming from, but say you have a friend that wants to find your  listing on airbnb, it can be a little tedious combing through, especiallyif it is booked a lot - it may not show up, but imagine if you had an easy address to convey on the spot without having to go to your app send it, etc.  Plus! This will be very helpful if you are trying to maximize your listing potential beyond the advertisement that airbnb provides. 

Hi there,

Many of us will find this super helpful. We have a place at the beach. We live here year round as well. So I am often speaking with visitors from all around the world and they ask about our space. It will be really nice to be able to say: visit airbnb.com/LunaSea Oceanfront Surf City... or whatever. 

And when I post on my facebook pages, to put this custom link instead of the stock airbnb url, as well as on my post cards and my business cards. 

When you share a link to your space with anyone by email or in writing, it will be more memorable.