Early access for Superhosts: custom Airbnb web addresses

Airbnb
Official Account

Early access for Superhosts: custom Airbnb web addresses

Superhosts deserve web addresses that are as unique as their homes and hospitality. And soon, all Superhosts will be able to create a custom web address—an exclusive, easy-to-remember link that will help guests find their specific listings and make it easier to brand and promote their business. That’s right, no more lengthy web addresses that include random numbers and symbols (unless you prefer them, of course).

In the next couple of months, we’ll be introducing custom links to Superhosts. Superhosts will receive an email or a dashboard notification with a link to create their personalized web addresses.

Let’s brainstorm some ideas to make your link stand out. First, here’s what the new format will look like:

• airbnb.com/h/[your custom name]

Some web address examples:

• /french-alps-vacation-homes-and-cabins
  • /babu-getaways
  • /helens-homes
  • /private-room-in-barcelona-city-center

Things to think about:

• What makes your space special?
  • Is your space in a unique location?
  • What makes your area or city one-of-a-kind?

Tips on making your custom link easier to read:

• Use lowercase letters
  • Use hyphens, if you wish, but no other symbols or punctuation
  • Keep it short: 100 characters or fewer is ideal
  • Keep it private: don’t include contact information such as last names, email addresses, or phone numbers

Other points to keep in mind:

• Avoid the word “Airbnb” and any trademarks or brand names, unless you own them or are authorized to use them
  • Steer clear of misleading information such as “verified” and “official,” and impersonations of another person, entity, or listing
  • See our policy with more details on what is allowed

This feature was designed so Superhosts can create memorable web addresses, put them on business cards and in email signatures, and promote them on social media. In the coming months, all Superhosts will get access to this feature—thank you for providing hospitality as unique as your future web address.

*Superhosts are allowed one custom URL per listing. If at some point, you’re no longer a Superhost, you will be able to keep your custom web address. If your listing becomes deactivated, the custom URL is then available for another listing to claim. 

1,400 Replies 1,400

I had a guests who was a professional photographer.  She used her Iphone 10 also and got some pretty good shots.  ONly problem was the guests now say the space looks bigger on the site than in person!

@Christine1647 fellow West Country host here.

I got an airbnb photographer with a superhost voucher.

I would not recommend him.

His photos were OK, but he ignored my instructions about not going in places that were not part of the listing, and he made more of a mess in the bathroom than any of my guests ever have.

If I'd been paying I'd have been apoplectic!

Hello Mike and Helen,

Thanks for the warning.

As a retired food stylist I'm very well acquainted with photographs of varing standards....

Air BnB said I was now eligible for a photographer - they didn't say it would cost me over £60!!

Our pictures [The Studio In The Garden/Mells, Somerset] are perfectly ok but AirBnB also told me after I'd pressed the YES button I couldn't cancel.  Fortunately there wasn't a snapper available in our area to do the honours so will contact AirBnB and cancel - whatever they say.

Thanks again

Best wishes

Christine and Simon 

Di37
Level 2
Underberg, South Africa

Hi Christine and Simon,

I've just had a look at your photos - pretty cool they are - no need for a professional in my opinion.  They have given me inspiration to re-do mine.  There's no Airbnb photographer for hundreds of kilometers from Underberg and Hamstead Farm Cottage!

Thanks for the exchange.

All the best,

Di

I've read that guests prefer the iPhone type photos to  "professional" photos because the iPhone photos are not that heavily edited.  I mean honestly,  we don't want to trick our customers when the real thing isn’t even nearly as beautiful as the photos.

I've used a good digital camera and my iPhone for various interior and exterior shots, and most of them look good and specifically are truthful.

I totally agree. I find accuracy and truth in advertising in pictures makes for happy guests. My guests tend to be pleasantly surprised that my place is better than the pictures. Then the happy guest reviews make for more trustable sources than sexy professional photos.

I have only used iPhone for my photos and need to do an update and clean them up I think. I feel the same way tho and don't want the pics to look so elaborate and then when my guests arrive it's just a simple but fun and very nice room or small studio. They always love it because of the short distance to Universal studios. I think that's about 90% of what they care about here. I'm glad I read your post- Thanks! Tamara:)

Chonette0
Level 2
Chippenham, United Kingdom

The photographer service used to be free years ago but now they charge, it might be the same with the web address now is free for superhost but they might charge later on

Regards

Chonette from Wiltshire

@Christine1647 wrote:

Dear Craig,

We're in Somerset, UK and fairly new to AirBnB hosting. 

Could you tell me how much this new offer costs?

When AirBnB said as a Superhost I could get decent photographs done I thought it would be free, but it will cost me in access of £60.  Actually the photographs we took are fine so I only said yes to AirBnB to be polite!  We are: The Studio In The Garden/Mells/Somerset UK.

I would be most grateful if you could let me know what you paid.

Thanks

All best Christine

PS We have a charming couple from CA staying with us now for 6 nights

PPS Your place looks lovely - might book in sometime!

This is a lot of to-do about nothing. Bitly does precisely what Airbnb just launched. And business cards are so last century-time to get real.

I generated a QR code from our current address and that's on our business card. Cards are actually quite useful; you can put them in your local tourist office.

Andrew in Rye UK

I tried to copy my business card here but failed. I give several business cards with my AirBnB address to everyone who stays here and it pays off. Today I got a reservation from a former guest who stayed in May, for five nights during Columbus Day in October. He used the info on my card to phone me and ask if those dates were available and he used the AirBnB link on my business card to make the reservation.

Some people who have stayed here tell me about their businesses in the US and other countries. I gave one restaurant-owner in Martinique a handful of business cards to display at his restaurant and told him that if a potential guest responds to one of the cards I will give them 10 percent off if they mention him. I have had several guests from there.

Might be old fashioned but it works great for me. I give my guests cards for each person with the the smart lock combination on the back.

Think about it if the business card is lost or it falls out of their pocket your smart lock combination is on the back. If a guest shares your card to promote your business the combination is on the back. Might want to rethink this idea.

I got a smart lock for my front door as guests would lose the key to my Airbnb. When I meet the guest I have them take a picture on their phone of the smart lock combination which has been successful. Also on occassion, I change the smart lock combination. My son who has a security business made this wise suggestion when he installed it.  

Thank you Donna 184 for that excellent tip.

I put the code in the text I send out prior to their arrival date with check in information.  I have business cards that I leave in the unit that have yet to pay off but hoping that they will. 

I wonder what will happen if your card with smart lock combination gets to wrong hands.