Early access for Superhosts: custom Airbnb web addresses

Airbnb
Official Account

Early access for Superhosts: custom Airbnb web addresses

Superhosts deserve web addresses that are as unique as their homes and hospitality. And soon, all Superhosts will be able to create a custom web address—an exclusive, easy-to-remember link that will help guests find their specific listings and make it easier to brand and promote their business. That’s right, no more lengthy web addresses that include random numbers and symbols (unless you prefer them, of course).

In the next couple of months, we’ll be introducing custom links to Superhosts. Superhosts will receive an email or a dashboard notification with a link to create their personalized web addresses.

Let’s brainstorm some ideas to make your link stand out. First, here’s what the new format will look like:

• airbnb.com/h/[your custom name]

Some web address examples:

• /french-alps-vacation-homes-and-cabins
  • /babu-getaways
  • /helens-homes
  • /private-room-in-barcelona-city-center

Things to think about:

• What makes your space special?
  • Is your space in a unique location?
  • What makes your area or city one-of-a-kind?

Tips on making your custom link easier to read:

• Use lowercase letters
  • Use hyphens, if you wish, but no other symbols or punctuation
  • Keep it short: 100 characters or fewer is ideal
  • Keep it private: don’t include contact information such as last names, email addresses, or phone numbers

Other points to keep in mind:

• Avoid the word “Airbnb” and any trademarks or brand names, unless you own them or are authorized to use them
  • Steer clear of misleading information such as “verified” and “official,” and impersonations of another person, entity, or listing
  • See our policy with more details on what is allowed

This feature was designed so Superhosts can create memorable web addresses, put them on business cards and in email signatures, and promote them on social media. In the coming months, all Superhosts will get access to this feature—thank you for providing hospitality as unique as your future web address.

*Superhosts are allowed one custom URL per listing. If at some point, you’re no longer a Superhost, you will be able to keep your custom web address. If your listing becomes deactivated, the custom URL is then available for another listing to claim. 

1,400 Replies 1,400

Thank you Dave 665! That is an excellent tip !

I installed an August smart lock which gives you the ability to generate a new and unique lock combination for every guest.  Even better, the combination expires at the end of their stay.  This not only protects your home, but it protects your future guests. Just imagine a lawyer taking you to court for not providing a safe rental rental because previous guests have the door lock combination!  Ouch!

Tom713 - I am checking out that August smart lock!

@Tom712 wrote:

I installed an August smart lock which gives you the ability to generate a new and unique lock combination for every guest.  Even better, the combination expires at the end of their stay.  This not only protects your home, but it protects your future guests. Just imagine a lawyer taking you to court for not providing a safe rental rental because previous guests have the door lock combination!  Ouch!

Hi Tom, I was reading up on it and how will gain access? because it seems like you can only use your phone to get in. 

Hi Diane,

I use business cards because I get a lot of return guests.  I have been told by at least four guests that they had trouble finding my apartment again when they went on the Airbnb site, but business cards make it easy for them to find me. 

I also use the cards to give out to current guests or to other people that I meet who say that they would love to recommend my place to friends/relatives/associates.  An example of this is a local business manager said that they are always looking for places for new associates who are in town for training to stay. 

Lastly, it just makes for a more professional presentation of your property to have business cards on hand for guests to keep.    

Just my opinion on how having them helps...

@Catherine73 wrote:

Hi Diane,

I use business cards because I get a lot of return guests.  I have been told by at least four guests that they had trouble finding my apartment again when they went on the Airbnb site, but business cards make it easy for them to find me. 

I also use the cards to give out to current guests or to other people that I meet who say that they would love to recommend my place to friends/relatives/associates.  An example of this is a local business manager said that they are always looking for places for new associates who are in town for training to stay. 

Lastly, it just makes for a more professional presentation of your property to have business cards on hand for guests to keep.    

Just my opinion on how having them helps...

Do you have a sample you can share?

but don't you think for those hosting in "other than tourist towns" this could be helpful....I think it would! YMMV

The custom URLs they're offering are spiffy, but they're only barely more convenient than what you can do now. The link I send people now is https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16005532, and that takes them right to my listing. So, all that's happening is swapping an 8-digit number for a catchy name with more characters. Better? Maybe. But you certainly don't have to use the long google URL with all the crazy characters.

Thank you Craig and also Lyn for asking the question, as I was thinking along the same lines as Lyn was, and couldn’t see a reason for it. I have had a few occasions when friends have asked me how to find it. I usually just find my page and forward it to them in an e-mail. It could be handy to just know a web address to give to them, or even have a few business cards printed up to hand people.

Craig, This is just an FYI, I tried your lengthy link and it took me right to your page. However I tried the other link and it did not take me to the same place.  Maybe because it is not live yet, but if you think it is working (the 2nd one) it is not, again, just an FYI

Craig, duck house got my curiosity! Nice property. Thanks for your post. I came home from work early so I could get airbnb.com/h/HikerHaven -- I'm very happy!

Thank you Craig! That’s an excellent explanation.

@Craig112 wrote:

Hi Lyn,

If I want to mail the link to my property listed on Airbnb, it is:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.airbnb.com%2Frooms%2F18315089%3Fguests%3D2%26adults%3...

What Airbnb is offering is to allow me to create a more concise and meaningful link. Something like:

https://airbnb.com/h/DuckHouseBalboaIsland

Both of these links would take you to my property on Airbnb. Or potential guests will find you property by searching Airbnb as they do now.

One benefit for me will be to have business cards printed up and now I can list the web address on the card. It is a cool alternative and doesn't change anything.

Very well explained.  Thank you, Craig.  I was with poor Lynn 68 but now even an Angie can see the difference -hahaha-  From a whoooooole bunch of numbers and symbols link to one with just the plain name of the listing.  Fantastic!!  

That’s great news but how do we do it and when can we do it??