Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Exciting updates to the Community Center Team

Team Photo

Hello Everyone,

I hope you have had a lovely weekend.

I wanted to let you know about some exciting changes to the Community Team here.

I know many of you know @Kirstie very well here in the CC, she will now be moving over to manage the French speaking Community Center. This is not goodbye though, I am sure she will pop back from time to time to say hello in conversations here, so do keep an eye out for her! 🙂

Stepping into the role of Community Coordinator, I am pleased to introduce @Quincy to you all!

Please do give Quincy a warm welcome here and free free to say hello when you see him around the Community Center.

Thanks everyone,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

20 Replies 20
Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi all,

As Lizzie has said, now that Quincy has arrived, I’m going to be focusing my time on managing the French-speaking Community Center. I won’t disappear completely though, you will still see me around participating in some threads!

If you have any requests or queries about the CC that you would have normally asked me, Lizzie and Quincy will be happy to help 🙂

I’ve really enjoyed my time in the English-speaking CC, I will miss you all! I am still part of the Community Center team though so do feel free to reach out if you want to say hi!

All the best,

Kirstie

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everybody,

I am Quincy, but most people simply call me Q.

I am a new addition to the English speaking Airbnb community and will be filling the big shoes that Kirstie has left behind.

To introduce myself a little, I'd like to share a couple of things with you:

• I'm originally from a small Dutch island (Curacao) from the sunny Caribbean.
  • In my spare time, I enjoy organising Dutch DJ sets for clubs mostly based in China.
  • I like watching football and scouting talent (also in my spare time)!
  • I like being part of the community, and I have actively been an Airbnb host myself. I will enjoy being able to give a hand wherever I can.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, hear your stories and learn from all your experiences. I hope to hear from you!

- Quincy (Q)

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy Hello Q, nice to meet you and welcome!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Nice to meet you too @Bruce43

-----

Anthony127
Level 2
Llandudno, United Kingdom

Hi Q and welcome.actually I've not as yet CC, oh maybe once.

anyway congratulations on your posting and again welcome.

Tony

Welcome aboard! 🙂 

Dev4
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Kirstie All the best with your new role!! It was fun interacting with you. 

@Quincy Welcome aboard 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Thank you for the introduction @Lizzie - at first glance I thought you were going to say you're leaving and thought Nooooooooooooo! ;D

Hi and Congratulations @Kirstie for the new job!

Hi  to you @Quincy and nice to know you'll be around, and you too gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe baan (not sure if you still understand Dutch) and wishing you good luck and fun with it!

Great day to you all,

Andrea

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Andrea9!

Ik spreek gewoon vloeiend Nederlands hoor! 😉

I was trying to learn @Lizzie a couple of Dutch words here. 

Groetjes,

- Q 

-----

Kirstie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Andrea9 and @Dev4 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww @Andrea9 this is so sweet.... I think you are stuck with me! hehe 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Welcome Q!  Good luck with this motley crew of hosts.  

As an American, I do want to point out that watch you watch is "soccer"  not "football".  LOL.   🙂   

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lizzie  Thanks for the update.  Good to see how Kirstie can have new adventures in Air BNB.  Hello, @Quincy.  I'm sure you will enjoy the CC as much as we all do.  Sometimes it is like watching "The Real Housewives (Househusbands) of Air BNB"  😛 , except you get to learn new stuff every day!

Hilary-And-Ed0
Level 10
Brookline, MA

Welcome @Quincy!