Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Faster access to customer service

Customer support

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good day.

We know from conversations here in the CC that reaching customer service can be challenging. Therefore, I am happy to let you know that we have made two updates to our app to make it easier to get support.

During an active trip when you’re faced with urgent situations (48 hours before a reservation, during a reservation, and 48 hours after guests check out) you will now be able to access contact information quickly—just open the app, go to “Profile”, tap “Help & Support”, and then tap “Contact Us”.

The second update gives you easy access to our Customer Experience Team, but this update can be used at any time, not just during an active trip. This feature allows you to send a message to an Airbnb Customer Experience team member directly in the app, just like you do to guests, and you can receive real-time push notifications when there’s a response, instead of having to call or send an email. This feature is currently available for English language beta testers, with plans to expand access to customers across all languages in the near future.

To find out more, take a look at our blog article.

What do you think about these updates? We’d love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

88 Replies 88
Mel54
Level 1
Yacolt, WA

Get calendars to work right.

Mel54
Level 1
Yacolt, WA

I set dates available & blocked & airbnb changes them

Tania128
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Yeap! They block and chach them! What is the perpose of that?

Mel54
Level 1
Yacolt, WA

I contact CS and they say they can do nothing about it.  I say you can tell the powersthatbe, Houston, we have a problem.  So next bookings & Airbnb system makes available  some booked dates.  See, I have 2 rooms but 3 options: 1 room, the other room, or both rooms. So when 1 of the options is booked, it affects the others.  Lizzie, you taking notes?  You awake?  If I say something & no one hears me, am I speaking?  Echo, echo echo

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Mel54,

Great to meet you. Aw I'm here for you, so there is no echo! 🙂

Thanks so much for sharing this, I am sorry to hear you are experiencing this difficulty with you calendar. I can imagine how frustrating this must be for you. A few other hosts here in the Community Center have also mentioned this previously. From my side, I am actively reporting back to the team and so I will also pass your comments over as well. As ever I will share any updates I receive.

Please do continue to update me if you can. I look forward to speaking with you more.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Mariska2
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

I have the exact same experience: I blocked all dates in November and through an Instant Booking I find out that certains dates have miraculously become available! This is the second time this happens to me and I don't think it's fair I have to deal with the consequence 

Passing comments along... little help when we still cannot get in touch with you guys.  Yes there is an echo, sorry.  I've been trying all morning... wading through drop-down menus where there not an 'other' tab for my issue and hitting one dead-end after another.  Can you afford a live chat person?

ps... your solutions for getting in touch with Customer Support Team works if you are a guest, but not a host.  This is where you are falling down.  If we didn't list our places you'd have nothing to sell, but our issues don't count enough to get in touch with a real human being?

Hmmmm... If Customer Service is saying they can't do anything about it I have a feeling it is because it is the intended behavior on the platform. It is because individual listing calendars aren't linked... if you have three separate listings but the booking of one affects or "blocks" the other then you would have to go into your other calendar(s) to manually block the "both rooms" (or the affected one) calendar dates off.

If you book the double room listing then you have to manually block the other two room's calendars yourself. The Airbnb system doesn't have the option to have one listing booked affect another. They are all separate of one another. So if that is the "problem" you are encountering... it isn't an error, it is how the system is intended to work. 

Now, if you are manually blocking dates and they are suddenly unblocked or the other way around, then that could be a technical problem on your individual listing calendars. That would need to be reported to the technical team for review. They should be able to review the calendar edits you've done to confirm you didn't log in and make the changes and the system did it on it's own, if that is what is happening. 

Good luck!

@Jodi18 in fact it is possible to link Airbnb calendars to each other, I have it linked and it work perfectly for months now (knock on wood)

Calendars sometimes unblock if you have 3 months availability settings. If you have 6 months or more then it doesn't happend. It was a popular thread about this glitch few months back. It has nothing to do with linked calendars settings

So are you saying this is an internal calendar setting? Or are you saying you are exporting one calendar to the "Calendar Sync" option and importing it as if it were an external calendar? Just wanted to clarify... maybe you know something I don't. I'm pretty adept with this system. 🙂

Paul732
Level 2
Peterborough, Canada

seeking u.s. airbnb smnail mail address

please respond to ginkopaul@gmail.com

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Mel0. [Yacolt WA]

"Lizzie, you taking notes?  You awake?  If I say something & no one hears me, am I speaking?  Echo, echo echo"

Oooh, that's a bit harsh.

Regarding Host tools; Airbnb is a work in progress, that's never been hidden from any of us, but manners maketh the humanity. 

These forums are for discussion and feedback and we all need permission to be frank and open.

But there is a difference between being frank and being rude.
I am confident we can all agree, it's good manners to take particular care with how we address all staff at any establishment we have chosen to deal with. It's want we all would want for ourselves too.
I am hopeful that it was not your intention to come across a beligerent, sarcastic or rude.

Surely people in the hospitality business can be hospitable to one another?

No offence intended.
Christine.

christine 

Kathleen165
Level 1
Geneva, NY

Awesome! Your website & app is so much improved! You guys are doing a great job!! I have a suggestion.  When a super host like us has an emergency (we had a burst pipe last year), if we cancelled our reservation (s), we would lose our super host status.  I think if we were to.