Get guests you can trust— every time

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Get guests you can trust— every time

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a good day.

I wanted to let you know that we have updated the booking process to make sure you don’t have to host repeat guests if you don’t want to. Now, anytime you give a guest 3 stars or less, that guest will not be able to instantly book any of your spaces, even if you have Instant Book turned on.

Find out more in our Help Center.

What do you think about these changes? We’d love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

263 Replies 263
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Lizzie That's good news, i hope Airbnb will create more options that will be helpful for hosts in the future.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for your response @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0. It is great to hear you are pleased by this. 🙂

Will this update be useful to you as a host?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie Till now i have never given 3 stars or less to any of my guests so i dont think it will be helpful for me but who knows what will happen in the future. Thank you and have a nice day.

yes, making this retroactive would be ideal!

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0  Give it time.....you only have 14 reviews.  LOL.  My very good friend, Superhost in California, thought the same thing after she had hosted 40 people , and then it all changed when she took a booking from a family, (I warned her not to for various reasons) and then BAMN......she generously gave them a 3 STAR overall review! After I saw the photos/video, I would have given them ONE STAR.

But I do love your optimism.  And congrats on being a Superhost.  🙂

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

@Momi0 Thank you for the compliment, i cannot predict the future but i remain optimist : )

Momi - may  I ask were you recommending not to rent to families in general or just this particular group? We have a family for the first time checking in Sunday so am wondering. Thanks. 

I can speak only for myself. Most families are great!

It sounds like this one particular family is a menace.

Karen & Jeff

@FamilyKJ0 Especially families with underage kids are real menace but i will not put everybody in the same basket. Happy hosting!!!

Wow. Interesting!

@Momi0, good idea. I'm new to hosting. Never thought of video taping.....

@Tammy91  

Glad I could help with my post of helpful ideas.  I can tell you that my videos have been also been submitted 2x times to show proof of SEVERAL house rules being broken.  Btw, have you seen the new announcement on Airbnb about guests being reminded that a booking will be cancelled early and no refund issued if house rules are found to be broken during their stay.  Its about time.  They should have been doing that for years. That's been one of my continous feedbacks to Airbnb because guests say they will respect and follow house rules but then don't.  And when they are asked to leave for violations, they have the nerve to ask for a refund for nights not stayed. And my reply....."Call Airbnb, they handle all refunds."  And what does Airbnb say to them...."No refund, you broke house rules and we have proof."

Love it. 

If you feel that me or another host have helped you, feel free to click on the "thumbs up" button at the end of any post. Thank you so much.

Aloha, Momi

Great way to contact Airbnb or via Twitter at AirbnbHelp / Facebook

@Momi0Hello from sunshine state Pensacola, Fl. - how wise you are with the videoing evidence. BECAUSE many hosts don't know that when you call with a problem of someone breaking house rules or such you MUST have evidence or else The GUEST will get refunded. Airbnb  said to me you have to prove they broke the house rules.  The support team even suggested video proof, photos, etc. How important to learn the platform and truly understand how it works - and if more Hosts did this it would be really nice for everyone. I'm an advocate for What you permit YOU PROMOTE - and all the rule bending that hosts do for guests against their own rules gets crazy and sends a very mixed message, I suppose to get those stars  - And therefore guests get even bolder and just break rules or just do as they please and expect no problem, AND a refund! 

Where is this new announcement about breaking house rules? Wonderful! So glad to hear this.  Thanks for that info.

One day will venture to your part of the world - and will look you up when planning. All the best and many blessings! Clara

Is this true now? The one time I reached out to AirBNB for help because guests had (illegal) smoked and then LEFT their weed in my house - AirBNB, is like - can you prove they smoked? Unless you get a receipt for cleaning we can't give you any money even though in my rules it said that ANY smoking violation would be a $250 fine period.