Have you gotten involved through Airbnb.org? Check out the new board!

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Have you gotten involved through Airbnb.org? Check out the new board!

Els 16_9.png

Hi everyone,

It’s my honour to announce a new dedicated space for Airbnb.org within our Community Centre.

We’ve seen many of our wonderful Community Centre members, both Hosts and guests from all over the world, come together to discuss what they can do to help people in the current Ukraine crisis. This board will serve as a centralised place where people can quickly see what they can do to help, as well as ask any questions or share their experiences about getting involved with Airbnb.org. 

Some of the threads from various boards have been moved here so you can already see what’s being discussed. I’d also love to hear a bit more from those who have already been involved with Airbnb.org, so Hosts who’ve never done this before know what to expect. 

Have you gotten involved through Airbnb.org? What did you donate for or who did you host, and what was it like?

Make sure you check out my welcome post, and I look forward to reading your experiences! 

“It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and for others.” - Dalai Lama

Thanks,

Sybe 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

7 Replies 7
Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Gotten   is not a word in the English dictionary.  It is a common low grammar level slang term. 

Susan

@Susan990 No it isn't. Gotten is the past participle of the verb to get.

Mohamed570
Level 1
Marsa Matruh, Egypt

Good article 👍 

Mohamed570
Level 1
Marsa Matruh, Egypt

Yes i participate let my space totally free of charge 

Great article, I appreciate. 

Victor2860
Level 2
Odesa, Ukraine

Dear partners, I want to share a problem that I have. I have apartments in Ukraine, in the city of Odessa. We provided these apartments through Airbnb to refugees on their way and to people who have lost their homes and need temporary housing. In addition, guests from different countries began to book our apartments, of course, they did not come, but asked to use these funds as assistance. A huge thank you to everyone who did this, because we were able to help many people in need by sending them money. But on March 10, Airbnb blocked our ads and payouts. I think that by disconnecting Russia as an aggressor from Airbnb, they also disconnected Ukraine by mistake, since the Airbnb Help Center had a Moscow phone number. There are no answers to my calls to the Help Center, as if no one hears me or reads messages. I ask everyone who can convey my requests to help open ads and receive payments, money that people in occupied Ukraine so much need now. Airbnb, Hear us and help!

Oh my! My heart goes out to you! I hope this has been resolved! Praying for Ukraine 🙏🏼