Katie_0-1629451748349.jpeg

Because wifi is one of the top-searched amenities on Airbnb this year, we’re excited to offer you a new tool that can help you showcase your wifi speed to guests. It allows you to test the speed of your property’s wifi—and display it directly on your listing page. 

After you take the speed test, you’ll find out how fast your internet is—along with what it’s capable of. For example, if your speed is 48 megabits per second (Mbps), your wifi is likely fast enough for your guests to hang out with friends and coworkers on a video call or stream multiple HD movies.

By sharing the results of your wifi speed test, you can help set realistic expectations about what kind of connectivity your space offers. 

Learn more about the new tool, and please comment to let us know what you think. 

Besides strong wifi, are there other ways you try to appeal to remote workers?

Thanks

Nick

21 Replies

Re: Have you noticed the new wifi speed tool? Use it to help attract remote workers

in
Zagreb, Croatia
Level 10

Thank you so much @J-Renato0  this is really helpful.

Re: Have you noticed the new wifi speed tool? Use it to help attract remote workers

in
Chicago, IL
Level 10

For anyone who is looking to improve their Wifi connectivity, I ran across this great article today which talks about various methods, and the pros and cons of each. 

https://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/mesh-network-vs-wi-fi-extender-vs-access-points-which...

in
Oakland, CA
Level 3

I noticed that the WiFi speed test works on an IPhone and Ipad but not on a Windows 10 laptop. 

in
Prescott, AZ
Level 8

@Kevin2172Thanks, I will try that! It did not work with my Win10 laptop, either. I did not even think to try it on my i-phone.

Ted & Chris

in
Saint-Privat-des-Prés, France
Level 1

wifi test tool wont work !! 

in
Ølstykke, Denmark
Level 2

I agree, it does not work. Tried with my Android phone. "Start test" opens a message "Connect to your WiFi" (which it already is...) and a button "Show wifi details". The wifi name is correct, but nothing else happens after returning to "Start test". 

in
Alberta, Canada
Level 10

Personally, I would never use this tool (and have never even input the wifi speed anywhere in my listing either for that matter), as long as Airbnb will refund a guest for a slow wifi complaint,

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/50-refund-to-guest-for-quot-slow-wifi-quot-Hosts-be-warn...

Wifi speed can be highly variable and subject to fluctuations, so there is always the risk of it not performing as advertised in one’s listing. 

Comment