404769105_0556.jpg

Updated Jun 19, 2022

Just to share a quick update that we have created the promised Resource Center guidelines for listing descriptions has been published and you can read it here.

Hi Hosting Community, 

A month ago, we introduced the Airbnb 2022 Summer Release with a new way to search designed around Airbnb Categories

Since then, we’ve gathered feedback from thousands of Hosts through our Community Center, Host Clubs, emails, and in workshops with the Host Advisory Board and Host leaders. Thank you for your valuable comments and suggestions. 

Today, we want to share an update on some of the important feedback you’ve shared.  More updates will follow. 

You can read about them here.

Please continue to share your ideas and feedback as it directly assists in how we evolve our platform. 

Your continued support, feedback and constructive thoughts on this and many of our release features is incredibly valuable and I encourage you to continue sharing here.

Thanks,

Stephanie

245 Replies

Re: Host questions answered: Airbnb’s Summer Release

in
New York, NY
Level 10

I'm also having trouble getting booked on VRBO and I'm a Premiere Partner there. I come up in the 1st 5 listings in the area so it isn't just Airbnb.

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

Well, it's been nearly four months now, so is it safe to assume that Airbnb is not actually fixing the glitches as promised? What are they doing to resolve the misery they are causing to so many hard working hosts? Anything? I am guessing not, seeing as I haven't seen any recent updates related to the Summer Release at all. Just radio silence...

In almost four months I have received a total of one new booking (and one booking from a repeat guest) across three listings that used to be fully booked months in advance. I don't think I've received even one enquiry in the past month. Views have been dire the whole time.

@Stephanie @Emilie @Sybe @Quincy @Catherine-Powell 

Is anyone listening? I understand that you have been feeding back comments, but is there any plan in place to help us out here or was it always the plan to throw hosts like us out in the cold?

in
Fredericksburg, VA
Level 10

Don't you love it @Huma0 ?

Stephanie365_0-1662087555598.gif

in
Little Faringdon, United Kingdom
Level 3

No one is getting anywhere with air b&b responses… we are all suffering. What do we do ?

in
London, United Kingdom
Level 10

Well, here's another glitch that I wasn't aware of (although maybe someone else has mentioned it on this thread or elsewhere on the CC already). 

Yesterday, I got my first enquiry in 1.5 months (that's across three listings). I host long term stays and this was for the month of December. I thought , "Oh great! Finally!"

Nope. This guest is looking for a two or three night stay but was unable to enter the dates because I have a 28 day minimum. However, she thought this was strange as she said she book marked my room recently while she was still making plans and the 28 day minimum wasn't showing then. 

I asked her if she had been doing a general search without dates and she said, no, she had selected "a random week in December". So why is my listing showing up there? I've checked my settings and the 28 day minimum is still there...

in
Marshfield, WI
Level 2

This is my first time posting.....SO FRUSTRATED with the new rollout, both as a SUPERHOST  - which doesn't seem to  mean anything anymore, and as a TRAVELER.  Its tough to search through so many categories.  What a mess on both sides.  Who ever thought this many categories would make things better for travelers?  Most travelers want simple searches, fast, few clicks and move on.  I am so frustrated I don't even know how to articulate it without sounding too cocksure...I will stop here.

Comment