How we’re giving hosts a seat at the table

Airbnb
Official Account

How we’re giving hosts a seat at the table

BeloRauschBG.png

You may have seen a letter from our CEO Brian Chesky this week with some important announcements for our community. In case you missed it, we’re launching a formal program to give hosts a seat at the table, and an opportunity to take part in our company’s success.

It’s made up of two equally important parts:

• Airbnb Host Advisory Board: A diverse group of hosts on Airbnb who meet regularly with Airbnb executives to represent the host community's voice and make sure that hosts’ ideas are heard
  • Airbnb Host Endowment: A fund that is intended to provide support to our host community now and in the future, which we expect will be initially funded with 9.2 million shares of Airbnb stock 

You can read much more about the programs here.

We’re looking forward to introducing the Advisory Board before the end of the year.

107 Replies 107
Kevin557
Level 4
Nashville, TN

Congrats to @Brian, @Anonymous and others at Airbnb on becoming billionaires yesterday. And congrats to the lucky few who were able to participate in the directed share program. However many hosts were shut out of the offer despite meeting the criteria and responding to everything promptly. It reminded me of the "Superhost grant" program in which I was also shut out  without hearing another word about it.

By my calculations the Host Endowment Fund has achieved it's goal of over a billion dollars. It should be worth at least $1.6 billion at the close of business today. Perhaps they could start by helping all the superhosts who were shut out of all other programs?

Airbnb is a company that now has nearly a $100 billion market cap but basically has little assets and doesn't make or produce ANYTHING, their revenue is generated by using the assets and hard work of hosts. The company and it's leaders have obviously come out of the pandemic in much, much better shape than they were before it started, can't say the same thing for most hosts.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

They were already billionaires. Can never have too many billions, though, right? @Kevin557

I am new to Airbnb and I already see one small thing I would like to see added, how many people are actually (hearting)/liking, your listing.

Lets us know how our pricing is going/appeal factor.