I will be away...exciting times....!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I will be away...exciting times....!!

Celebration

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a fantastic start to your week. 

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away from tomorrow (Oct 11th) until Wednesday Oct 25th. As I speak to so many of you every day, I wanted to let you know it is an exciting time for me, as I will be getting married! 🙂

I will be leaving you in good hands as @Quincy will be here and if you are lucky you might also spot our old friend @Kirstie who now manages the French speaking Community Center, @Dimitri0 from the German speaking CC who I believe many of your may have seen around before and also @Gaby from the Portuguese speaking CC (what a dream team). 

Also, just to mention in my absence, I will be leaving the odd interesting post which will be shared with you whilst I am away, so do keep your eyes posted for that. I really look forward to hearing your thoughts when I get back.

I wish you all an amazing couple of weeks, don't have too much fun without me! 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

63 Replies 63
Dimitri0
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey guys, hope you are all doing well! If you see me around, don't be afraid to say 'hi'. I won't bite, I promise 🙂 - Also, if you need anything, feel free to get in touch 😉

@Lizzie enjoy your well-deserved holidays and all the best for your wedding. Exciting!

Neu in der Community? Stell dich hier vor. Siehe auch Community Hilfe! Richtlinien & Infos findest du in Neuigkeiten.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow @Branka-and-Silvia0@Ria16@Lisa658, @Bruce43@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@Momi0@Lee162@Jennifer--And-My-Brother0@Clara116@Jessica-and-Henry0! This very moving, thank you all for such lovely comments, it is really kind of you and I absolutely love reading them all. 🙂

I will be sure to share some photos with you when I return, I would send you all some cake, but I just don't think it would last that long! hehe

In reference to your comment Momi, tips are always welcome! If anyone has any more tip for the "First Dance" dance moves I am all ears, because to be honest with you I could do with all the help I can get! 🙂 

Have a wonderful few weeks and thanks again.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Congrats @Lizzie and all the best for the day & future.

Steve.

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie

Thank you for the heads up in the private message about this post while I've been absent. So in addition to my private message well wishes again a huge congratulations and all the very 'bestestest' for the future!!

And lucky you to be going to Hawaii and meeting @Momi0!!!! Easy on the mango margharitas, I heard she serves the best and often 😉

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thanks so much @Andrea9 and @Steve143. It is lovely to hear from you both. 

Alas, no momi's mango margharitas for me I am afraid, I am taking a short break and staying in a couple of Airbnbs here in the UK, by the coast which I am very much looking forward to (I don't even mind it is rains a little - famous last words), but I hope to venture a little further next year, so you never know! 🙂

Speak to you both soon. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lizzie  I want to join with the large chorus of well-wishers in sending my hope for your wonderful wedding and marriage.  While we all look forward to your return to the CC, I hope you don't spend a second on thinking about us...:D

@Lizzie congrats!!  Might have posted sooner but yesterday was my wedding anniversary lol

Have a great time.  Don't worry about the first dance, it's not a "performance" it's a celebration - just be yourself & enjoy!!

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Welcome0
Level 10
Hicksville, NY

Oh, @Lizzie How wonderful! I am so happy for you! You didn't tell us where you are heading to for your honeymoon?! Well, when you get back, we'd love to hear about it. Please be sure to post some picture! Enjoy! 

Camille148
Level 1
Greer, SC

Congrats Lizzie!

Luana52
Level 1
Berlin, Germany

Super Congrats...i got married years ago...and i loved the preparations...i wish you nice and exciting time, lots of love and all the best. 🙂

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Lizzie

Congratulation to both of you.

Regards and best wishes for the future together.

Cormac

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Cormac0@Luana52@Camille148@Welcome0@Ange2@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0@Branka-and-Silvia0@Ria16@Jennifer--And-My-Brother0@Clara116@Jessica-and-Henry0@Lee162@Momi0@Βασίλης-and-Ann0@Bruce43@Lisa658@Steve143@Andrea9@Linda108@Harriet-and-Stu0@Ange2

How are you all? I am now back from my holidays and I can confirm everything went well and I am now married! 🙂

It was a lovely day and the weather was amazing for October–a sunny 20 degrees (68f). I haven't many wedding photos at the moment, but will share some soon with you. I even managed to survive the first dance, which actually went ok, there was a brief moment of impromtu panic dancing, but I think I got away with it! hehe

Then off we went to stay in beautiful Cornwall in the South West corner of England, where we stayed in three different Airbnbs. All were very cozy and welcoming, one host even made us some scones (but do you put the jam or the clotted cream first?!?)

We had a mix of calm weather and dramatic windy days, which for me is perfect. I do like to look at a dramatic seascape and see the waves. I even managed to try a spot of surfing for the first time...I think I can almost claim that I manage to stand, but it is very tricky. My only problem now is that I think I am hooked, but there aren't many waves in London though! To add, I can also say I ate a lot of fish...my favourite is always a good crab sandwich. 🙂

Here are a few photos:

Cornwall

Cornwall

Cornwall

(St. Michael's Mount–this is low tide, when it is high tide, I would currently be in the sea!)

Cornwall

Cornwall

(The Minack Theatre–what a place, you can watch performances with an amazing backdrop during the Summer months)

Cornwall

(This is the beach I went for my first surfing experience!)

How has you week been?

Thanks again for the lovely messages. 🙂

Lizzie

--------------------

@Lizzie Congratulations!!!  I am very glad to hear that you had a wonderful wedding and honeymoon holidays. Thank you for sharing the nice photos and also a big part of your life to us all. I wish you and your husband a lot of happiness, wealth, health and prosperity. Welcome back to the community. 

Best regards. 

Oomesh

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thank you @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0, your comments are lovely. I am glad you like the photos, it was a great few weeks. 

How are you? Have you been busy?

--------------------