I will be away...exciting times....!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I will be away...exciting times....!!

Celebration

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a fantastic start to your week. 

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away from tomorrow (Oct 11th) until Wednesday Oct 25th. As I speak to so many of you every day, I wanted to let you know it is an exciting time for me, as I will be getting married! 🙂

I will be leaving you in good hands as @Quincy will be here and if you are lucky you might also spot our old friend @Kirstie who now manages the French speaking Community Center, @Dimitri0 from the German speaking CC who I believe many of your may have seen around before and also @Gaby from the Portuguese speaking CC (what a dream team). 

Also, just to mention in my absence, I will be leaving the odd interesting post which will be shared with you whilst I am away, so do keep your eyes posted for that. I really look forward to hearing your thoughts when I get back.

I wish you all an amazing couple of weeks, don't have too much fun without me! 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

63 Replies 63
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks so much @Jennifer--And-My-Brother0. I can certainly recommend it as a great place to pop to if you are ever in the UK. 🙂

I hope things are good with you.

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Ria16
Level 10
Northland, New Zealand

@Lizzie KiaOra!

Welcome home!  so rapt you had an awesome day. Your photos look beautiful is Cornwall on the West Coast? I hope you looked for Ambergris. Your gully photo looks just like Baylys Beach.

Cant surf but I can SUP on calm days. Summer is coming and we are enjoying longer days.

once again many congrats 😉 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Ria16, it is amazing to have a welcome home! 🙂

Yes, Cornwall is South West of England and the country is almost surrounded by water. It is nice, because quite a lot of the sea looks turquoise and has sandy beaches. 

I am sure you are looking forward to slightly longer days. When I visited New Zealand several years ago now, I went in March, so the days still felt quite long. It is an amazing part of the world you live in.

--------------------

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lizzie  Congrats and Welcome back. Your pics are very lovely and have such a sweet feel to them.....Here in Pensacola we have  gentle surfing, the most beautiful beaches, sugar white sand - So, you are invited to Pensacola, and I just happen to have a sweet cottage for you and your new life mate!! Wishing you both wonderful blessings for a life filled with love, peace, fun and breathtaking JOY.  Clara B.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for your kind comments @Clara116 and I like that you like my photos. They were just taken on my phone, but it is amazing what type of quality you can get on phones these days. 

It is lovely to hear more about where you live, I have been thinking about doing a East US Coast trip at some point, so this sounds amazing. It is fantastic to hear everyone's surfing suggestions, I could plan a world surfing tour where I stop off and see you all (perhaps getting a little ahead of myself, I should probably take another lesson first)! 🙂

--------------------

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Just seeing this now @Lizzie - Congratulations!! What a wonderful honeymoon location! I love Cornwall - we stayed in Port Issac, right down by the harbour at the Slipway. We didn't know they filmed Doc Martin there (and Saving Grace, among others) until much later and got a kick out of seeing some familar sights. So many odd, quirky and funny things happened while we were there - the locals were extremely friendly and it was just wonderful trip. Personally, I like to put the jam on my scones first, then the clotted cream - doing it the other way, I find the jam just tends to slide around. :-D. All the very best for a very long and happy married life! - Karen

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw @Karen-and-Brian0, lovely to hear from you. 

We stayed very close to Port Issac, in Port Quinn, but the nightime photo is taken from the center of Port Issac, so I am sure you recognised it. I actually stayed in this village when I was younger and I always loved that it was the village where they film Doc Martin. They weren't filming when we were there this time, but we did see some film crews in nearby Padstow...you never know I might be in the background! 🙂

What are your feelings on Poldark? Have you ever seen it? This shows the Cornish coastline off very well. 

--------------------

@Lizzie Love Poldark! We watched the first 2 seasons on PBS Masterpiece & are really looking forward to getting caught up with Season 3 over the winter (we tend to watch a lot more TV in the winter & like to save programs to stock up, like squirrels with nuts). I think I heard there will be a 4th season too? 

I *thought* that looked a lot like Port Isaac! But wasn't 100% sure. 🙂

Hi Lizzie !

So glad you had an wonderful honeymoon in Cornwall. The photos are amazing! Those evenings must have been so romantic for you. Remember holidays there in my younger days, cream teas with clotted cream ( hhmmm) and lots of crab & fish, as you mentioned. Did you try the whelks or cockles ?

We're still swimming - very sunny days still & seawater just right temp. Sitting outside at night in the garden listening to the owls hooting & screeching is such a treat. We're desperate for rain, though. None since April.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Βασίλης-and-Ann0, thanks for your lovely message. 

I am glad to see you follow after my own heart with scones and fish! hehe. I didn't manage to try any whelkes or cockles on this trip, but I have in the past. Yum.

It sounds very pleasant with you over in Greece, I do hope you get some rain soon though, it must be very dry. Are you expecting any soon?

--------------------

Well, @Lizzie, never ever thought I would say this ,but yes, we are praying for rain ! Please send us some. We should get some soon. Our animals, plants, wells & the parts of Greece without rain are crying out for it. Hopefully, it won't cause flooding anywhere because quite often it can pelt it down in seconds with huge drops. Greek people say " tables and chairs" instead of our 'cats and dogs"

Like @Karen-and-Brian0 we adore Poldark ! looking forward to Season 3, too. We also stock up on programs for the winter. If you haven't already seen it,'Versailles' is interesting, a bit raunchy but full of court intrigue and gorgeous costumes of Louis 14th's time. Sinister, too. We're watching Season 2 now.

Another series is 'The Man in the High Castle' if you like sci-fi. It's taken from a Philip K **bleep** story. Any other interesting ones out there?

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Karen-and-Brian0 and @Βασίλης-and-Ann0,

Aw, I am so pleased to hear you are fans of Poldark, so I now have others to talk to about this! hehe

Oo I have watched series 3, it was aired here earlier in the Summer. It is good, quite a few new characters which I think was needed. I have to say I was a little shocked at the end of series 2 (so hold on to your hat @Βασίλης-and-Ann0)! Whilst away in Cornwall I was on the look out for all of the locations features in Poldark. The photo of the bay I included next to the Minack Theatre, I believe is actually the place they call the Nampara beach, they picked a good spot it was beautiful! 🙂

I started a couple of nights ago watching The Crown, which is as it sounds about the present British Monachy and for a TV series it feel more like watching a film, with lots of high profile actors. I've only watch a couple of episodes, but it is already pretty good. Have you seen this?

I haven't heard of 'The Man in the High Castle' I will have to take a look at that. As you are in the sci-fi, are you eagerly awaiting the new Star Wars film later this year?

--------------------

Hi @Lizzie.

Yes, we've seen "The Crown" and thoroughly enjoyed it. Costumes great. We're looking forward to seeing " Blade Runner" Remember the first one and this sequel sounds even better. We love all Ridley Scott films. Did you know he comes from Newcastle. They must have great imaginations there !!

We will probably watch "Star Wars" To be honest,those kind of sci-fi films tend to be a bit too action- packed and hectic for us. Definitely need a lie down after watching. 

When you were in Cornwall did you find time to visit the Eden Project?

Congratulations @Lizzie and Lizzie's partner!  We hope your marriage will be comforting, kind, and filled with joy! 

Our best, 

Alice & Jeff

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thank you @Alice-and-Jeff0, it is lovely to hear from you. I hope you are both well. 🙂

Thanks for your kind wishes. I can't believe it was over two weeks ago now. Time flies!

--------------------