I will be away...exciting times....!!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I will be away...exciting times....!!

Celebration

Hello everyone,

I hope you are having a fantastic start to your week. 

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away from tomorrow (Oct 11th) until Wednesday Oct 25th. As I speak to so many of you every day, I wanted to let you know it is an exciting time for me, as I will be getting married! 🙂

I will be leaving you in good hands as @Quincy will be here and if you are lucky you might also spot our old friend @Kirstie who now manages the French speaking Community Center, @Dimitri0 from the German speaking CC who I believe many of your may have seen around before and also @Gaby from the Portuguese speaking CC (what a dream team). 

Also, just to mention in my absence, I will be leaving the odd interesting post which will be shared with you whilst I am away, so do keep your eyes posted for that. I really look forward to hearing your thoughts when I get back.

I wish you all an amazing couple of weeks, don't have too much fun without me! 🙂

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

63 Replies 63

@Lizzie I am happy to hear that you like my comments. I had a nice and i must say a quite busy week as the peak touristic season is now starting in Mauritius. Thank you for asking! 

Oh, Lizzie! What fantastic photos! Gorgeous! Please note! Plenty of great Airbnb's and surfing on Long Island, NY.

We're all waiting to see YOU, your dearly beloved and of course, your dress!

Best wishes, Aija

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw thanks so much @Welcome0.

Oo surfing on Long Island sound fun, have you ever tried it? 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

welcome back Mrs.  @Lizzie  :))))

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

hehe! Thanks @Branka-and-Silvia0, I'm still getting use to this. I had to sign my name when I was away and I ended up asking the person at the checkout, which name should I use?! I got a very confused look back at me–which is pretty understandable really! hehe

--------------------

@Lizzie   Beautiful photos, I love cornwall.  Scones - taste amazing any which way, I adore  clotted cream.  Happiness, good health, lots of fun and laughter, cheers to the best of  beautiful, bright futures.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Ange2. It is wonderful to hear you love Cornwall, have you visited many times before?

I completely agree with you on the scones, although I think people from Devon and Cornwall may have a few things to say on this though, hehe! I am a big jam fan–strawberry or damson jam in particular...yum!

--------------------

Welcome back @Lizzie!!! and again, congratulations!!!

Henry and I both wish you lots of love and laughter and exciting travels with your other half 🙂

I think Korea has started to get some surfers here and there...... but surfing is new to most Koreans even though we are practically surounded by the sea (Korea is a peninsula).

Cornwall looks amazing~ I really like the pics of St. Michael's Mount and the Minack Theatre. Looking forward to seeing your wedding pics too~~~

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you to you both, this is very kind. 🙂

Oo I didn't even think about surfing in Korea, I like that there are lots of new surfers there, I wouldn't feel too out of place if there are other beginners! I may need to have a few more lessons first though. hehe 

How has your past few weeks been?

--------------------

Wonderful photos to match the wonderful news that all went well and you enjoyed your wedding and holiday, @Lizzie.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aww thanks for your lovely comment @Linda108. 🙂

I hope everything is well with you.

--------------------

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie Congratulations and lovely to hear you had a good get-away too!  

The pictures look tempting to pack up and go for a visit! Very serene and far from the 'wuthering' city crowds.

I never realized (or heard of)  the Cornwall Saint Michael's Mount that's either an island at hightide or part of the mainland at low tide> It's the EXACT counterpart in that as well as in its name to the French Mont Saint-Michel (Normandy)!  I wonder what that was all about when they were built?! 

All the best!

Andrea

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrea9, thanks so much. 

Aww, well there is still time to get a quick break in before the end of the year?! hehe

We went on some lovely walks. The photo of the beach above, was taken right at the south end of Cornwall, not far from the Lizzard if you know the area. The beach isn't really for swimming, even though it looked rather inviting, but we walked the whole way along and only saw two other people. 

St Michael's Mount is really impressive and I do believe it is connected in history with the Mont Saint-Michael. Have you visited Mont Saint-Michael in France?

Just before I took the photo, I got out of the car and the sun was shining. We started walking on to the causeway and suddenly the rain poured down and the wind nearly knocked us off our feet...sometimes you just have to run to a coffee shop! Undeterred, after the sky had turned back to a more healthy colour, we managed to get across and it was just beautiful! 🙂

--------------------

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Lizzie

Oh dear, sounds like you had the same kind of temperamentful weather we had here! Sun to lure you out and a heavy squall to reward you for it... Thank goodness for coffee shops!!

Had never heard of the Lizard and even had to internet search it. Another thing learned 😉

I visited the Mont St. Michel in France once a long time ago. What impressed me was how at high tide it turned into a secluded island with the sea acting as huge temporary moat.

Thank you for sharing this with us.   The photos are beautiful.  It sounds like a great choice for your honeymoon - very timeless looking.