Inside look: Superhost appreciation party

Airbnb
Official Account

Inside look: Superhost appreciation party

Superhost 1.jpg

Caption: Airbnb co-founders Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia, and Nathan Blecharczyk attended the party to congratulate the 12 Superhosts and their guests in person.

Achieving Superhost status is an incredible achievement, one that represents standout hospitality, responsiveness, and attention to detail. Meeting that high bar is a huge win. Continuing to meet that high bar is even more impressive.

In fact, fewer than 4,000 people have maintained consecutive Superhost status since the program was introduced five years ago. That’s some 60 months of zero cancellations and five-star reviews. At Airbnb, we decided that merited a party.

In March, we invited 12 of the most tenured Superhosts to Airbnb headquarters in San Francisco, California, to celebrate their hosting success. A sign greeted them at the event: “You’ve hosted the world. Now it’s time for us to host you.” That says it all!

Take a look at some photos of the party, below, and stay tuned—this event was so much fun, we plan to host more Superhost celebrations in the future. In the meantime, thank you to all of you who are Superhosts.

Superhost 2.jpgCaption: Airbnb employee Johanna Desbordes welcomes Superhosts and their guests to Airbnb headquarters in San Francisco.

Johanna gave out Superhost pins and nametags and led the group on a tour of Airbnb headquarters, which includes meeting and conference rooms modeled after actual listings. Johanna was the perfect person to act as tour guide: She and her husband, Gian, are Superhosts themselves, and they first met when Joh was a guest at Gian’s home in Italy 7 years ago.

Superhost 3.jpg

Caption: Superhost Kitty stands outside her home away from home.

Does this look familiar?
Superhost Kitty and her husband joined hands above a replica of their Airbnb listing, a “mushroom dome” cabin in California, on the fourth floor of Airbnb’s San Francisco headquarters.

Superhost 4.png

Caption: Co-founder & CPO Joe Gebbia; Co-founder, CEO, and Head of Community Brian Chesky; Superhost Mary Sledd; and Co-founder, CSO, and Chairman of Airbnb China Nathan Blecharczyk.

All three of Airbnb’s co-founders joined the event to congratulate and thank the Superhosts.

Superhost 5.jpg

Caption: A Superhost with her customized guest book.

The Superhosts received personalized guest books as a gift and thank you.

Superhost 6.jpg

Caption: Superhost Janna (left), receives her customized guest book from Airbnb’s Laura Chambers, who leads the team that looks after homes hosts and Superhosts.

Superhost 7.jpg

Caption: Superhost Ash shows his personalized guest book to Airbnb’s Joe Gebbia and other guests.

101 Replies 101

@Greg-and-Vicki0

Well said, those Guest books are always a treasure & bring lots of warm fuzzies to one's heart.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

I also have a guest book.  It was like a report card of the job I am doing.  My Mother-in-Law

before she passed at 96 last year read it every time she visited.  It is always nice to

know that you made someone's stay special and look back on all the people from

various countries you have hosted.

James A. Klamfoth
Yurlin0
Level 2
Miami, FL

Really nice, very Happy for Airbnb family

how nice this event, hopefully Airbnb will arrange more events in the near future for hosts and actives guests

Emily96
Level 3
Canton, GA

Congrats to them! I would love to participate if you do it again. I am a 17-time Super Host and have had it continuously since the beginning as well. 😃

Emanuel80
Level 1
Monteverde, Costa Rica

Pura Vida !!

Rose422
Level 5
Fort Lauderdale, FL

This is so much appreciated by Superhosts guys, it makes us take a fresh look at the art of hosting and how we can go above and beyond...

Todd21
Level 1
Union Bay, Canada

Congratulations to all.  What a great way to feel special for all that love you all put into making people feel welcome and happy.

Diane624
Level 2
Sunriver, OR

Fabulous Idea, Big CONGRATS to those Super Hosts.

My Lana Willy and I have enjoyed hosting on The Big Deschutes River 

Liz257
Level 1
Des Moines, IA

Wtg Superhosts!! We all should be proud but hands down, an amazing accomplishment. 

Bonnie75
Level 2
Pacific City, OR

Amazing! Thank you Superhosts 

Donna19
Level 3
Durham, NC

Congratulations to every Superhost!   What a nice gesture by Airbnb to recognize these hosts. Great work by all.  As superhosts, we also get the additional reward of meeting some fantastic guests.! 

Jocelyn118
Level 2
Seattle, WA

Sorry...but I must say...how did you select the superhost?  I'm a person of color (african american female) and would love to have attended as Airbnb still needs to work harder in this area.  Yes...I reached the superhost status...

JuanManuel40
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Wow,  that was so nice from you guys !

Melanie552
Level 2
Petaluma, CA

Very cool. Great idea about the guest books! Love it.