Inside look: Superhost appreciation party

Airbnb
Official Account

Inside look: Superhost appreciation party

Superhost 1.jpg

Caption: Airbnb co-founders Brian Chesky, Joe Gebbia, and Nathan Blecharczyk attended the party to congratulate the 12 Superhosts and their guests in person.

Achieving Superhost status is an incredible achievement, one that represents standout hospitality, responsiveness, and attention to detail. Meeting that high bar is a huge win. Continuing to meet that high bar is even more impressive.

In fact, fewer than 4,000 people have maintained consecutive Superhost status since the program was introduced five years ago. That’s some 60 months of zero cancellations and five-star reviews. At Airbnb, we decided that merited a party.

In March, we invited 12 of the most tenured Superhosts to Airbnb headquarters in San Francisco, California, to celebrate their hosting success. A sign greeted them at the event: “You’ve hosted the world. Now it’s time for us to host you.” That says it all!

Take a look at some photos of the party, below, and stay tuned—this event was so much fun, we plan to host more Superhost celebrations in the future. In the meantime, thank you to all of you who are Superhosts.

Superhost 2.jpgCaption: Airbnb employee Johanna Desbordes welcomes Superhosts and their guests to Airbnb headquarters in San Francisco.

Johanna gave out Superhost pins and nametags and led the group on a tour of Airbnb headquarters, which includes meeting and conference rooms modeled after actual listings. Johanna was the perfect person to act as tour guide: She and her husband, Gian, are Superhosts themselves, and they first met when Joh was a guest at Gian’s home in Italy 7 years ago.

Superhost 3.jpg

Caption: Superhost Kitty stands outside her home away from home.

Does this look familiar?
Superhost Kitty and her husband joined hands above a replica of their Airbnb listing, a “mushroom dome” cabin in California, on the fourth floor of Airbnb’s San Francisco headquarters.

Superhost 4.png

Caption: Co-founder & CPO Joe Gebbia; Co-founder, CEO, and Head of Community Brian Chesky; Superhost Mary Sledd; and Co-founder, CSO, and Chairman of Airbnb China Nathan Blecharczyk.

All three of Airbnb’s co-founders joined the event to congratulate and thank the Superhosts.

Superhost 5.jpg

Caption: A Superhost with her customized guest book.

The Superhosts received personalized guest books as a gift and thank you.

Superhost 6.jpg

Caption: Superhost Janna (left), receives her customized guest book from Airbnb’s Laura Chambers, who leads the team that looks after homes hosts and Superhosts.

Superhost 7.jpg

Caption: Superhost Ash shows his personalized guest book to Airbnb’s Joe Gebbia and other guests.

101 Replies 101

Amazing...congratulations! I hope we get to join Airbnb the for next get together!

We at “ Somewhere in Time “ St Augustine Fla Americas oldest .. thanks you for showing support to us Super Hosts! It’s a rewarding challenge to continue to make OUR guests feel special!

Open your hearts when you open your homes!

Smiles go miles !🙋‍♀️🥰

@Stevie13 wrote:

We at “ Somewhere in Time “ St Augustine Fla Americas oldest .. thanks you for showing support to us Super Hosts! It’s a rewarding challenge to continue to make OUR guests feel special!

Splendid 

Johnny-and-Mark0
Level 6
Los Angeles, CA

We're one of the less than 100 superhosts with consecutive superhost status since the program's inception. We have 1240 reviews and a 5 star rating.

Hey, instead of inviting a handful of hosts to the SF offices why not treat all of us as partners? Why not offer the same health insurance and benefits, including profit sharing, of any of your SF employees? Honestly we've been hosting longer than the vast majority of current employees worldwide.

It also give other hosts incentive to keep hosting....

Just a thought.

Johnny

PS: We're paying $1841.14 a month for Kaiser and it's killing us.

Gosh, I would have been happy with even an invitation to the party (same status) rather than a retrospecive rub-in-the-face like this. But you take it beyond!  🙂 Which I also appreciate....

I love all the positivity in the responses here and that folks are so open and delighted about this celebration. But I still think it's **bleep**ty on Airbnb's part not to even mention the criteria for selecting inivtees.  I get the feeling they could have handled the 100 or so of us, but went ultra-selective for some mysterious reason. Really?

Shaune0
Level 2
Fredericton, Canada

Airbnb team,  that is an amazing event, so thoughtful, appreciative and commerative I can't imagine you thought to do that!  Congratulations to all you superhosts your amazing too!  Shaune

Very nice way to celebrate the Super Hosts!  

Michelle1618
Level 2
Austin, TX

Why not invite all 100 of the people or do something for special for all 100 instead of just 12?

Bonnie170
Level 2
Berkeley, CA

Good for them. Looks like it was a good day for all.

Is the appropriate place to make a request?  Let us compile our travel rewards.  It's difficult for me to break away - once a year at the most and so it would be nice to use those rewards.

Hope they reach looking at Samoa for us Super Hosts... can't wait for the opportunity...  congrats to those whom have been selected, and good on us, for being SUPER HOSTS.. :-).  Great stuff.

Ms10
Level 1
Norway

Congratulation to all 🤗💕

Congratulations to all Superhosts!