Introducing AirCover, plus 50 more updates and improvements

Airbnb
Official Account

Introducing AirCover, plus 50 more updates and improvements

N9_SH260_STILL_1920x1080_thumbnail_v2.jpg

Back in May, we rolled out over 100 upgrades to improve every aspect of the Airbnb service. Today, with the Airbnb 2021 Winter Release, we’re introducing over 50 more updates and improvements that make it easier to host and support the changing needs of guests.

As the way people travel changes, so does the way you host. Airbnb is always listening—and we’re absolutely thrilled to share the new tools, products, and programs that you inspired.

Here are some of the most exciting updates:

• AirCover: Top-to-bottom protection, free for every Host—only on Airbnb

• Pricing tools: Pet and short-stay cleaning fees, plus previewing what guests pay 
  • At-a-glance calendar: A simpler, more intuitive design for the desktop app 
  • Translation Engine: Automatic translation of what you write into 62 languages
  • Wifi speed test: Easy verification of the wifi speed at your listing

You can get more details about what’s new in the Resource Center. What feature are you most excited about trying? 

82 Replies 82
Diane114
Level 3
Arlington, VA

My accessibility features are "in review." I have taken additional photos to meet all the new requirements (measurements, etc.) but I CAN'T UPLOAD the photos because the "in review" status is blocking me. When will I be able to add my new photos to show I meet the accessibility requirements? Do I have to wait until some Airbnb reviewer tells me I need more photos? I ALREADY KNOW THAT. Sooooo frustrating.

@Diane114  I got the same notice, but I simply don't have the time or desire to spend an hour re-doing all the photos I had previously uploaded, so I guess for the time being the listing will be 'non accessible'.  

Update:  Three weeks since my initial post, and my accessibility features are, yes, STILL "in review," and I'm STILL blocked from adding additional photos as required. 

Fortunately I have good reviews from guests who use wheelchairs.

Another update -- now it's been SIX WEEKS since my accessibility features were placed "under review," and I STILL can't access them to add the required pictures for my disabled or wheelchair guests. 

Another update. It's now been 5 months -- yes, count 'em, 5 months -- that my accessibility features have been "in review" and are STILL not showing on my listing. 

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Diane114,

Aircover and the accessibility features are separate, and managed by different teams. I have heard from other Hosts that this process was taking longer than expected and have passed on this feedback to the team on. your behalf!

Hopefully your photos are approved and added to your listing very soon now, and thanks for raising this so I can highlight it again on my end. 🙂

Thanks, 

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines

Now six months since the Air Cover "improvements" and my Accessibility features are, you guessed it, STILL IN REVIEW. Is anyone at Airbnb actually assigned to this? 

Continuing updates. Now SEVEN MONTHS since Air Cover revisions to review accessibility feature and my photos are still in review. I posted on Facebook over a month ago and the response was that it would be "forwarded to the appropriate team." Nada, nothing, no change.

I have the same problem and @Airbnb ignored all my messages and claimed. I send more than 10 messages and I called them more than 20 times but no luck! Airbnb did not support me all three times that guest left l damages on my properties ... 

@Airbnb@Stephanie  It occurred to me that the one item that is missing (a much requested host issue) is that if a guest damages a dwelling and won't pay through the resolution center (or doesn't respond with a rebuttal) they should be banned from the platform permanently.

Hosts are reporting that they are being suspended for guest complaints, it should be a similar process for guests.

I thoroughly agree 👍. If a guest (s)is left a terrible review by a host, then they should be banned from AirBnB's platform, unless they can refute the hosts complaint. 

Fernando1561
Level 5
Sarasota, FL

I still worried  about the damage claims, the way how  people check them on airbnb, the last one I had 3 months ago, it was very stressful, the guests arrived and with a ball they were  playing and they broke a window, they called me and said that they  didn't it they said the incident happened before check in, I was there until 3:00 pm and Guest arrived at 3.10 pm., Airbnb never accepted my  claim because They  asked me for the video of the window without breaking in the 10 minutes before the  guests arrival so the airbnb people  from  host guarantee told me that I should have pictures  and videos of the whole house dated with  the same guests arrival day but before their check-in , something impossible to have and  I asked someone else to review the claim but in conclusion they believed the guests, I imagine in order to keep them  as customers and I lost the money paid to make the repair( $250).

In my desperation trying to don't lose the money, I told Airbnb host guarantee that there was a $ 300 security deposit on the listing, that I wanted to collect it, and Airbnb Host Guarantee  told me that the security deposit was not for that, so what is that for ?

and  I ask everyone? What is the secure deposit for? because it won't cover any damages

Now with this news where airbnb  say that it's an easy way   to make claims I wonder if this  task  to have pictures  and videos before  every customers check-in with date stamped,  it  will changed too or it will  still  the same ?  The secure deposit will cover something?

@Fernando1561  You have to keep pushing them on this. If you have ANY photos taken while they are there, upload them again. If you have any messages between you and the guests keep copies. Customer service is pretty horrid and may be working for contractors, not directly for Airbnb. Service got worse when the company laid off employees. But you can ask for escalation to a supervisor. Keep pushing, and then ask for arbitration in case the new policy doesn't cover the damage.

Airbnb would do so much better if it would start evaluating potential guests better.

@Fernando1516 

I think Airbnb should have also provide feature that allows guest to upload video or fotos before guest check in... I hope there is a simpler way to do this, but simple is hard, trust is earn.. but, is true if only they can be more polite and kind in customer service language and tone.. that calms guest complain and anger.. 

Jeffrey Bong
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

They seem to have listened to our complaints. Pet damage, smoking damage deep cleaning. I’m excited to see if it will work as advertised. Of course, my hope is that I will never be in a position to have to find out.

I am also hoping that since Airbnb is now covering these damages they will take more time to educate guests and take rule breakers more seriously because that kind of behavior is now costing Airbnb money