Introducing AirCover, plus 50 more updates and improvements

Airbnb
Official Account

Introducing AirCover, plus 50 more updates and improvements

N9_SH260_STILL_1920x1080_thumbnail_v2.jpg

Back in May, we rolled out over 100 upgrades to improve every aspect of the Airbnb service. Today, with the Airbnb 2021 Winter Release, we’re introducing over 50 more updates and improvements that make it easier to host and support the changing needs of guests.

As the way people travel changes, so does the way you host. Airbnb is always listening—and we’re absolutely thrilled to share the new tools, products, and programs that you inspired.

Here are some of the most exciting updates:

• AirCover: Top-to-bottom protection, free for every Host—only on Airbnb

• Pricing tools: Pet and short-stay cleaning fees, plus previewing what guests pay 
  • At-a-glance calendar: A simpler, more intuitive design for the desktop app 
  • Translation Engine: Automatic translation of what you write into 62 languages
  • Wifi speed test: Easy verification of the wifi speed at your listing

You can get more details about what’s new in the Resource Center. What feature are you most excited about trying? 

82 Replies 82
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there!

AirCover is out as of November 9th, and the Pricing tool with Pet fee is coming in the next few weeks. Could you tell me a bit more about the wifi testing issue? Are you trying from the app or desktop? 

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Hey Stephanie, I don't see your reply under the frustrated hosts that are complaining about the Airbnb damage protection and I believe you guys intentionally try to avoid communicating with frustrated hosts.  Just reply to this question if you want to take the time and reply... Who is responsible for all these frustrations????? When Airbnb is going to help hosts with the damage that has been done by guests because clearly Airbnb "Doesn't  Really Care About Hosts" when it comes to the damage.  

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jacklin0 

@Stephanie (and the other admins on this site) is an online community manager, i.e. she is employed to help manage this community centre. She does not create Airbnb policy, nor can she change it. She is just communicating the changes to us, as that is part of her job. 

The most she can do about the frustrations mentioned is pass this information on to the team at Airbnb but she cannot make them do anything about it.

Susan990
Level 10
Redmond, OR

Just asking... why does he refer to Hosts/product  creators ..... as partners? Our signed agreements with ABB say nothing about partnership.  It full states the rate of reimbursement - 3% -for facilitating the reservation as booked and paid via your marketing platform.  The Hosts create the product that ABB books. A simple arrangement much like a Hotel or any other nightly lodging service business.  

Susan
Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

When will these features be rolling out? 

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Mikki0,

Thanks for asking: these features will begin launching out to Hosts on Tuesday, November 9th and will roll out to our global community gradually through to the end of the year.

Thanks,

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Nickie3
Level 2
Medbourne, United Kingdom

I can't see where to add a pet fee or how to test the Wi Fi speed - any ideas?

@Nickie3 pet fee is apparently rolling out over next few weeks. Wifi test has to be done from the phone app

Nickie3
Level 2
Medbourne, United Kingdom

Many thanks!! @Mike-And-Jane0 

Susan3477
Level 2
Iowa City, IA

Let's see if @Airbnb is really listening...

Here are a few improvements I would like to see in the next release:

1) Ability to select multiple property types on "I'm flexible".  Say I want to search an entire area to see what kind of properties I might be interested in, without having to pick just one "category" and without having to put in dates.  I want to be able to select "all" categories or multiple categories so I can explore what's there. And why aren't a simple "house" or "apartment" choice available? Why are only "unique" property types available on "I'm flexible"?

2) Price per night.  Right now, my listing is showing as $205 per night, which is WAY more than typical due to some special events, and does not accurately represent my property most of the time.  I typically have different rates for weekday versus weekend (and set higher rates for high demand weekends).  Airbnb needs to provide more context on how price per night is calculated and allow hosts to explicitly indicate what their typical weekday and weekend rates are, instead of trying to calculate some average on our behalf.  Also, show right there on the listing page what the cleaning fee is (if any) and additional guest fees beyond X number of people, instead of burying it in the booking detail.  

3) Calendar.  I want to be able to tell prospective guests what is going on in our area on specific dates, as an additional enticement.  When people are searching flexible, they may not know and this could be a big help.  

4) Views.  We need more detail about people who are viewing our listings.  If they didn't book our listing, why?  Did they book something cheaper? Did they book something else on dates our place wasn't available?  Did they book something somewhere else entirely?  Did they end up booking a place with amenities we don't have?

5) Listing Description.  The limit on your main listing description needs to be a little longer.  Obviously you don't want an entire novel there, but 500 characters is not enough. 

Megan882
Level 2
United States

When will the new features roll out????

Donna1128
Level 2
Columbus, GA

ATTENTION: Please help me. I have been complaining to Airbnb for months now about my page being hacked and cloned possibly. I've had calendars, missing payouts, prepaid credit cards etc on my page. Lately it has been bookings and cancellations and I could not figure out why. I had 30 cancellations LAST MONTH on VRBO. Now, it is happening on Airbnb. I have high level cybercrime going on and cannot receive any help. The payoneer credit card was completely brushed off and I was told to change my passwords. They will not even tell me any information so that I can get the proper authorities involved. Please someone give me some advice

I had the same problem and it was very frustrating but my friend showed me a cool way to get rid of all scammers and cyber attackers. I simply used (DPN) which is a decentralized private network at my properties which helped perfectly and it also best to help our guests mask and protect their identity online 24/7. I have one in every property I have and I love them. It also helps to block all the advertisements and block all the dirty dark sites. It is best if you have kids, it will prevent many bad sites from reaching your network. Awsome thing.  I can help you more if you need just let me know.  Best, Jackie

Jackie ,

did you mean a vpn? I’ve never heard of the other?

Laura256
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Could you please state when these new features will be available?  Airbnb once again wasted my time by telling me to do something ("add pet fees") and yet IT'S NOT ACTUALLY POSSIBLE TO DO THAT RIGHT NOW, 5 days after the announcement.  This is just basic customer communications; please do better Airbnb!