Introducing AirCover, plus 50 more updates and improvements

Airbnb
Official Account

Introducing AirCover, plus 50 more updates and improvements

N9_SH260_STILL_1920x1080_thumbnail_v2.jpg

Back in May, we rolled out over 100 upgrades to improve every aspect of the Airbnb service. Today, with the Airbnb 2021 Winter Release, we’re introducing over 50 more updates and improvements that make it easier to host and support the changing needs of guests.

As the way people travel changes, so does the way you host. Airbnb is always listening—and we’re absolutely thrilled to share the new tools, products, and programs that you inspired.

Here are some of the most exciting updates:

• AirCover: Top-to-bottom protection, free for every Host—only on Airbnb

• Pricing tools: Pet and short-stay cleaning fees, plus previewing what guests pay 
  • At-a-glance calendar: A simpler, more intuitive design for the desktop app 
  • Translation Engine: Automatic translation of what you write into 62 languages
  • Wifi speed test: Easy verification of the wifi speed at your listing

You can get more details about what’s new in the Resource Center. What feature are you most excited about trying? 

82 Replies 82

This is completely false and there has been no upgrades for superhost when it comes to claims, first off I've been working on a damage claim for over a month with the guest posing as a host lied multiple times submitted all documentation in the timely manner as required but I find it hilarious that they can't keep up with their own requirements. Now I've have called in every single day to follow up and still can't seem to get an answer or resolution  nor can they provide any details on my claim. Now to top it off I have documented everything and even notified them all my calls I was also recording as well for my safety and privacy and we as super host literally just get treated like crap! I have even went as far to include Brian the CEO in every email trail and still a month later and nothing! 

Hass3
Level 2
Madrid, Spain

My first experience with AirCover has been so bad that I really see it as a marketing propaganda from AirBnB. People handling the cases don't seem to understand the actual business case of how airbnb works. I have had two consecutive long-term bookings without any gap between them. Well, after seeing the  damages made by the guests from the first booking I opened a case with AirCover while making sure the second booking could enter and gave a comfortable stay despite the damages. The AirCover agent handling my case is unable to understand that because of the ongoing consecutive booking it is not possible to take professionals to the property while having guests. During the last 4 weeks I have tried to put that into her head but she keeps saying that the case would be closed. Another very strange thing about the cover is if the walls are damaged. Apparently the painting if the wall being covered by AirCover is limited to the actual surface being affected by the damage. Thatv would mean that on a one single wall you end up having different colours, one patch newly painted while the rest of the wall no. Everyone who has painted a wall knows that but not airbnb. Most probably this kind of repairing policy applies to other things which will lead to having ugly unmatching patches.

Daniel9196
Level 3
Winnipeg, Canada

Ooh "AirCover: Top-to-bottom protection" what a load of lies. Most of what is on https://www.airbnb.com/aircover is completely untrue. "Host damage protection covers you if your place or belongings ever get damaged by a guest during an Airbnb stay." That's the protection promised by Airbnb. The Host Damage Protection they "say" they have is 90% of the reason I felt comfortable enough to list on Airbnb. But as I'm seeing from all the comments, It's all completely untrue and just a scam/fraud from Airbnb to get us hosts to list with them.

I had a guest damage the Washing machine making it in-operable. After submitting every single thing required as listed under the Reimbursment Process on the Host Damage Protection page, I was told that wasn't enough and they needed a "Damage report from a reputable company". They then told me that the first one submitted wasn't good enough because it didn't say with "Certainty" how the guest broke it. It then took me almost a month of going through every repair company in the city to find one that was willing to Guess with "Certainty" how the guest might have broken it. Most company's either told me that wasn't their job, or they didn't want to guess in writing due to liability issues with the third parties involved. After getting a sufficient damage report submitted, I was told "We will proceed with the payout".  "Oh great" I thought. Then 5 days later I'm told because the washing machine was 10 years old that it has no value and they will pay $0 for it's repair or replacement. (so why did they jerk me around for a month to get a Damage report if they had no intention of paying in the first place?)

But then said they contacted their supervisor and will pay 20% of the repair(So generous!)...So basically the fine print under Host Damage Protection means that the guest could damage (with the exception of the new fridge and hot-plate) every single appliance and piece of furniture in my listing and Aircover wouldn't pay me for any of it because of the  "proper deduction for obsolescence and physical depreciation"

So a suggestion to Airbnb: Please remove the word Protection or the word Host, because this does not protect the host from Damages as you lie "in writing" on the Aircover page: "Host damage protection covers you if your place or belongings ever get damaged by a guest during an Airbnb stay."

Paresh3
Level 3
Budapest, Hungary

just trying to process a claim for damages, etc. and the system is not working!!! It does not allow me to add any items, and having contacted 'support' after 4 days we just seem to be repeating the same questions. Now I am told their engineers are working on it. Am I the ONLY person with this issue? I asked 'support' to confirm that airbnb will still proceed with the claim as I am supposed to submit this before my next guest moves in, but 'support' have no come back regarding that.

I genuinely feel airbnb are detached or living in a parallel universe to hosts.

Not at all enjoying my experience with airbnb, and as someone said in another comment, there are a lot of good words, but no substance.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Paresh3, I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with processing a damage claim. I have passed this on to the team immediately for further investigation. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Quincy  @Airbnb Thanks for your help. Just to update, I was advised by my CS to try submit the claim by selecting 'Trip related issue' and doing it that way. THAT did submit the claim, albeit the level of detail required is not the same as the option I tried earlier. It only requires amount of claim, and ability to upload docs / photos / receipts and a message to the guest; a lot simpler.

My claim is for 'Damage or missing items...', but there appears to be a technical issue when I select that option. Apparently, when adding an item for the claim, I am supposed to see other fields when scrolling down, but these are not visible, despite trying on various alternative browsers and different pcs, even with deleting caches, history, cookies, etc. 

As it seems someone else earlier also made some comment about these  fields not being visible suggests airbnb should be aware of this bug, and yet appear to have not resolved it so far! Not sure why it appears only some are experiencing this issue.

Adam1113
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

Good updates but bring back the text message notification service where they all came

from one number. Now they come from different numbers every time which is clogging my phone inbox (I manage 20+ properties with continual guest messages). I want the notifications by text still but not from

1000 different numbers.

Please put back in the email  for requests when it tells you if the guest requesting to stay  is over 25 years old or under 25 years old. This is a big help.