Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

Airbnb
Official Account

Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

20160725_SeasonalQ2_Stable-Cafe_San-Francisco_Elliott_1506.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Airbnb Updates! This new blog within the Community Center is where you can find product updates, host stories, company news, inspiration and tips to help you grow your business, and other important messages from Airbnb.

We’ve posted in the Community Center for many years, but now you’ll be able to find all of our updates in one place. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to stay up to date, so as soon as we have news to share with you and the rest of the hosting community, we’ll be posting it here.

And as always, we’d love to hear from you. Teams across Airbnb use your feedback in the Community Center to help improve and develop products. Click on “Join the Conversation” in the individual thread to comment, or if you’d like to discuss anything further with other hosts, you can start a new conversation in a different Discussion Room.

We look forward to being in touch with you through this new blog.

Thanks for hosting,

The Airbnb Team

92 Replies 92
Mini13
Level 2
Kerala, India

Goodmorning to all. We listed o ur property Sreepadmini SS Ayurmadamsince 2018 . Unfortunately we  not get any guests from airbnb. Our property is at kerala .India. 

Kermit0
Level 2
Singapore

My descriptions are really detailed and repeated a few times. I have a guest who don't read them and complain it wasn't to expectations. How can I manage his expectations if he don't bother to do homework??? The worst thing is someone else booked for him. This person doesnt bother to find out what he wants and doesnt check what i offer too. I even got labelled naggy for reminding the person to certain house rules and he merely brushed them off? The most ridiculous thing is airbnb telling me to be more detailed so I can be a better host. My 5 star rating was pulled down because of this incident and listing removed for a while. The most ridiculous thing is airbnb telling me to be more detailed so I can be a better host. 

Airbnb please get a proper support team to address the Airbnb Plus twilight zone. I went through my inspection and photo session and with a "Congrats! Your home visit complete. Thanks for welcoming the Airbnb partner into your home. We've reviewed the photos from your inspection and are now preparing your custom report" a week ago 1 day after the inspection now all I Im getting is constant notifications to schedule the inspection prompting it all over again from the start. Spoke with 3 representatives who cant even see that the first inspection took place. I blocked out my calendar for days to prepare for that inspection and worked with the inspector for 5 hours and now they want to do it all over again because they cant see that it was done the first time. It was a very attractive offer but now it feels like a grounds hog joke.