Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

Airbnb
Official Account

Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

20160725_SeasonalQ2_Stable-Cafe_San-Francisco_Elliott_1506.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Airbnb Updates! This new blog within the Community Center is where you can find product updates, host stories, company news, inspiration and tips to help you grow your business, and other important messages from Airbnb.

We’ve posted in the Community Center for many years, but now you’ll be able to find all of our updates in one place. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to stay up to date, so as soon as we have news to share with you and the rest of the hosting community, we’ll be posting it here.

And as always, we’d love to hear from you. Teams across Airbnb use your feedback in the Community Center to help improve and develop products. Click on “Join the Conversation” in the individual thread to comment, or if you’d like to discuss anything further with other hosts, you can start a new conversation in a different Discussion Room.

We look forward to being in touch with you through this new blog.

Thanks for hosting,

The Airbnb Team

92 Replies 92
Hayfa0
Level 4
Tunis, Tunisia

Hi Airbnb team! 

I'm hayfa, a new Airbnb host from La Marsa Tunisia. I'm more than enjoying this experience and i'm pleased with my progress. It surely takes time and dedication but the guests satisfaction is worth it all 🙂 

I wanted to ask if Airbnb is planning on getting soon expanded to other countries like mine "Tunisia" and if Airbnb Plus and experiences/events will be available for us one day! Tunisia is more than a beautiful, welcoming and charming country❤️ come and see

Also! Thank you to the Assistance team for always answering my questions and helping me as i'm starting

Hi Hayfa 🙂
Which payment method are you using? bank transfer or Payoneer ?

thanks in advance .. 

Roderick8
Level 9
Budapest, Hungary

How about discussing how the company is going to fix its Plus disaster? I just left it.

Pauly4
Level 1
Houston, TX

Hi all and Airbnb. I post my listing on Thursday and got a booking on Friday. My listing is very elaborate and cost was on a cheap side and flexible checkout and no additional charge for extra guest. I'm looking to tweak my listing better more hotel base hours and raise the rates and looking to get paid faster.  I'm learning to get paid after 24 hours. I hope it true.

An-Maré0
Level 6
Cape Town, South Africa

@Pauly4 I have started out the same as you. It works like a bomb. Give it a month or so and slowly raise the price. You want to get the magical 5 reviews. The first thing after that - I will suggest change to moderate cancelation policy. You need to build in some protection as your Airbnb started to grow. Enjoy!

Alex1628
Level 3
Kotor, Montenegro

Dears, can anyone help me out to find a list of product updates that Airbnb introduces in web-site and app for hosts? Could be great to know in a timely manner what kind of new features are being introduced and start using them.

Cheers,

Alex

Best run website for Homestays ever! Airbnb does the job well!

Yes I agree

Test

Just wanted to see my new badge lol

Ollie6
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

Would be great to see guests lose their ratings for not making an effort to leave a review, considering the amount of factors hosts have to constantly face when it comes to the reviews.

J25
Level 5
Coopers Beach, New Zealand

Yes, a different way for stayers to gauge their stay would be better in a 1 - 10 scale.  I have had folks who are a bit shy of their English and the last Chinese two guys said that my place was great and that the property was very central to going places and doing things.  It was so short I asked them about their reply.  They said that they did not write much in English and said sorry.  Another two Mum German speaking and daughter were using their daughter and sisters account to stay and did not put up any review.  Then you will stop the 'big' woman saying the place was too small and that the photos were enlarged.  Airbnb agreed with me that the photos were fine and I said that the photos were not even made larger, it showed a true size of the place.  But what could I say, she was a very big person.  A scale would not put one into a throwing 'mud' situation.  Who was right, I would tend for the Host rather than the guest.  It is extremely unfair to have bad reviews and nonsense reviews stay.  I say wipe them every month and Airbnb to gauge the true scale of what they are saying.  Bring in the scale!  

J25
Level 5
Coopers Beach, New Zealand

What does Level 2 mean!!!  J.

What does it mean? Nobody knows.....