Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

Airbnb
Official Account

Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

20160725_SeasonalQ2_Stable-Cafe_San-Francisco_Elliott_1506.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Airbnb Updates! This new blog within the Community Center is where you can find product updates, host stories, company news, inspiration and tips to help you grow your business, and other important messages from Airbnb.

We’ve posted in the Community Center for many years, but now you’ll be able to find all of our updates in one place. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to stay up to date, so as soon as we have news to share with you and the rest of the hosting community, we’ll be posting it here.

And as always, we’d love to hear from you. Teams across Airbnb use your feedback in the Community Center to help improve and develop products. Click on “Join the Conversation” in the individual thread to comment, or if you’d like to discuss anything further with other hosts, you can start a new conversation in a different Discussion Room.

We look forward to being in touch with you through this new blog.

Thanks for hosting,

The Airbnb Team

92 Replies 92
Megan439
Level 4
Queensland, Australia

Hey Airbnb! PLEASE ADDRESS THE PLUS DISASTER.   

27 weeks since I was invited by Airbnb (not the other way around).   Still waiting for Airbnb to "tell me what's next".

Many hosts in my area are now enjoying (as quoted on Airbnb website, after paying their $150 fee)

+ 7x more listing views

+ elevated placement and better visibility in search results

+ 73% of travellers said they'd pay more for a verified home

+ 70% more nights booked

+ premium customer support

Two home visits and photographs of which I had to be present for 4+ hours each time and I've approved all of the new photographs AND new listing description created  by the team of "expert writers".  

Just letting other hosts know that it is not worth your time and effort.

Bronwyn38
Level 10
Wandandian, Australia

I recently had a very rare less than ideal rating on a couple of items from a first time Airbnb user, and her feedback pointed strongly to the fact that she hadn't read the information provided about the size of my smaller unit, and location. I realise this is not an uncommon failing, but any support Airbnb gives on allowing for this kind of issue is very much appreciated, as I put my heart and soul into making my guests welcome and comfortable, plus providing thorough, friendly communication prior to arrival. Thus, a misinterpretation based on neglecting to check what they were paying for is quite hurtful and alarming, when so many are so good! (ha, there endeth dummy spit)

Anubhav3
Level 2
Bengaluru, India

Airbnb Updates. Good to know. Will try to catch up and follow conversations.

Hi Airbnb ,

i am new host on this site and been chatting with a tenant person to host him this month ,so after we reached an agreement I tried to send him a reminder on the reservation I realized a response from Airbnb that his contact link is unavailable!

Is this a normal thing to happen?

regards

Undine0
Level 1
Taynuilt, United Kingdom

I’m running a couple of holiday cottages and would like to see some more flexible rates settings and check in and check out days. Also, easier ways of setting discounts. 

Ólöf-Melkorka0
Level 1
Torrevieja, Spain

Hi Airbnb team

I was a superhost in Holland last year Melkorka´s Homestay. We then decided to move south and start and Airbnb Apartment. We had our first guest few days ago. It´s been nice to make our new apartment kozy and comfortable for couple or family to spend some quality time, in the center of the city of Torrevieja, in a quite neigborhood and only 15 min walk to the city. 

Marius8
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi,

the South African government is putting legislation in place to limit Airbnb. 

Can anyone advise if Airbnb provides assistance to hosts to deal with government ?

thanks

marius. 

Belle17
Level 2
Nairobi, Kenya

Hi everyone. I am Sarah Carroll from Nairobi, Kenya. I joined Airbnb two years ago and then went through a horrible divorce, lost my Apartment, ran for our 2017 election and lost and during that time, I had more than 30 inquiries about my home but I couldn’t host. I was too broken. Two years later, I am remarried and I am back into hosting. Unfortunately, last year and this year, despite having a big beautiful home (three bedroom and four baths), no guest had inquired or booked. Question is, are there no people to stay or what am I doing wrong? I live in a decent neighborhood, great security, pleasant environment. Why can’t I get guests from Airbnb? Feeling disappointed.

Jan46
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I was confused a few weeks ago by my listing advertising our room as 'from £xx' when I had set a clear rate of fee.  The fee had been raised, although other local Airbnbers were not advertised with these fees.  Had an online conversation with Airbnb community person who explained its about a 'local tax rate'.  Well, I don't earn enough to pay tax (pension), I pay my council tax automatically and I wasn't aware of any other tax.  I was led to believe it is being phased in and that I was one of the 'lucky' ones.  The conversation continued for some time, although I didn't get a clear answer.  Still not sure what happened.  

Tony371
Level 2
Blakeney, United Kingdom

INSTANT BOOK

We all  like instant book - listings get priority, guests like knowing their booking is confirmed.

PROBLEM

My cottages are also listed with a big UK letting Agent who get me good long term week bookings so I can't use Instant Book ~ at least not overnight - lost my chance of superhost this year because I woke up to find I had two bookings for the same dates! Had to cancel one so lost superhost.

QUESTION - could we 'snooze' Instant Book overnight - say between 10pm and 7am? 

When I ask to cancel instant book Air offers me the option of snoozing for one or two months...why not overnight?

Ibn4
Level 2
Rome, Italy

Airbnb is Top one website for travelers around the world. Thank you for this great idea.

Angela1330
Level 3
Penistone, United Kingdom

Hi I was horrified to read just now from a host in Australia that she had paid $150 for the plus review service.

In England Visit England (a government regulatory body) will independently review your property against a very rigorous standard that has to be checked annually.

With strict criteria their assessors check the levels of services and facilities offered to determine which accommodation type is awarded which star rating. Each year, every aspect of an accommodation is thoroughly inspected from the efficiency of the booking process to the level of service.

Cleanliness is the most crucial element of any assessment and minimum standards, particularly at the higher star ratings, reflect consumer expectations.

Once an assessor has agreed the category with the owners they review the services offered within that scheme and award a quality score. If an establishment offers the facilities required at a certain level, it must also achieve the quality score for that level before being awarded the rating. 

It is is essential that such reviews are independent and carried out by regulatory bodies like this, otherwise it is open to bribery and corruption. Also, those hosts who cannot afford the cost or time will be unfairly penalised.

I am now pleased that plus is not available in my area so far.  Whereas before I was feeling aggrieved that it wasn’t available here yet.

Regards

Angela

A_203751a-2.jpg

everyone,

Welcome to Airbnb Updates! This new blog within the Community Center is where you can find product updates, host stories, company news, inspiration and tips to help you grow your business, and other important messages from Airbnb.

We’ve posted in the Community Center for many years, but now you’ll be able to find all of our updates in one place. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to stay up to date, so as soon as we have news to share with you and the rest of the hosting community, we’ll be posting it here.

And as always, we’d love to hear from you. Teams across Airbnb use your feedback in the Community Center to help improve and develop products. Click on “Join the Conversation” in the individual thread to comment, or if you’d like to discuss anything further with other hosts, you can start a new conversation in a different Discussion Room.

Thanks for hosting,

The Airbnb Team

@Airbnb  schrieb:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for hosting,

The Airbnb Team

@Airbnb  schrieb:

Hi everyone,

Thanks for hosting,

The Airbnb Team

Hello Airbnb team !

First of all would like to thank whoever had realized this amazing idea of hosting!

I am running a couple of units in Dar es Salaa- Tanzania whereby in some years ago I use to rent for long term. I decide to change the concept to Airbnb just end of February this year and somedays later I had booking for  mid of March. I received my first guests from USA. With help of my mum and my nephew are very happy  and glad to hear everyday the way how they do enjoy livng at our home.  Hosting keeps us busy and brings joy.  We learn new people. Will ask Airbnb to consider expanding the profile in the country as this country have so much to offer.  

I love this spirit of being connected with  outside world, making sure that guests are feeling comfortable and safe.

Ibn0
Level 1
Rome, Italy

Airbnb is most easiest way for travelers to find the accommodation. 

Alessandra210
Level 2
Florence, Italy

Hello,

I'm Alessandra from Florence and I'm a host and sometimes a superhost from 3 years. Airbnb changed my perspective, gave me more than an economic possibility and I'm always happy to welcome my new guests beacuse I learn, everytime, something more from me and from others ...it's a beautiful experience.

I would like have the possibility to know new host from other countries and exchange opinions or ideas. 

One of the bedroomsOne of the bedroomsThe ancient building in FlorenceThe ancient building in Florence