Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

Airbnb
Official Account

Introducing Airbnb Updates, a new blog for hosts from Airbnb

20160725_SeasonalQ2_Stable-Cafe_San-Francisco_Elliott_1506.png

Hi everyone,

Welcome to Airbnb Updates! This new blog within the Community Center is where you can find product updates, host stories, company news, inspiration and tips to help you grow your business, and other important messages from Airbnb.

We’ve posted in the Community Center for many years, but now you’ll be able to find all of our updates in one place. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to stay up to date, so as soon as we have news to share with you and the rest of the hosting community, we’ll be posting it here.

And as always, we’d love to hear from you. Teams across Airbnb use your feedback in the Community Center to help improve and develop products. Click on “Join the Conversation” in the individual thread to comment, or if you’d like to discuss anything further with other hosts, you can start a new conversation in a different Discussion Room.

We look forward to being in touch with you through this new blog.

Thanks for hosting,

The Airbnb Team

92 Replies 92

My name is Mandi and I have been an Airbnb Superhost for 2 years. I also have advanced C-PTSD. I went from having a great career to being virtually unemployable, even minimum wage part time. Thing is, I really like having people around.  I was able to build up my self esteem, increase my property value, and gain confidence in through the the support of Air. Every guest knows I have a disability and 95% of them are thumbs up 

One thing I would like to tell you is that we have scored some very big wins here. Amazing stuff. One of the things I like to do is to call Airbnb and tell them when something wonderful happens. They need to hear it too! 

Rob-And-Barb0
Level 2
Nova Scotia, Canada

My wife and I have been hosts for a number of years now and have had no problems with getting assistance from Airbnb when needed. We’ve enjoyed the positive experiences of meeting many wonderful and interesting people from all over the world. So far so good!

Hello Rob and Barb

Sorry to bother you 

How do you get in touch with airbnb quickly ? You call write or what would be the easyest way to get in touch with someone who can FIX things >>

Thank you sir

May Ann Maceac

Hanine0
Level 2
New York, NY

I m Hanene  Airbnb host in New York City ,, I love it specially When i m helping flights crews and pilots whith cozy place getting some rest between shifts and raisonable prices , 

Zoe169
Level 2
Kongorong, Australia

Hi, 

I would love to see a feature on Air Bnb that included 'per bedroom per night fees' as well as per person per night.

I have alwyse felt that when a person pays for a house they should be entiteled to the whole house but now since running 3 homes for over 6 years all 5 bedroom. My cleaning cost are sky high and the guest that pay for 2 people and then decide to sleep in all the bedrooms or invite some extra friends over can really put me out of pocket. I have now decided to lock rooms unless extra guest are paid for and mentioned. 

The problem with this is that they can pay for 5 peoeple and tell me that they are all single adults so they all need a bedroom each, when really there are 10 people. how would i know any different.

My base rate includes 4 people  in the total and $15 per person per night, What i would like to do is advertise that 2 bedrooms are provided and unlocked and $30 per extra bedroom per night.

Does anyone els have this issue and what are your opinions? 😃

Thanks Zoe!

Celine154
Level 2
Philippines

Dear Airbnb,

Any support from dishonest review from guests who have had actually satisfy and very well accommodated during the entire stay.

Thank you.

Celine

Patty110
Level 2
Cape Coral, FL

I like the Arbnb site, is easy to navigate. I just wish I would have a lot more activity. It's been 3 years and 98% of my guests are booking my home through Home Away/VRBO. 

Adam695
Level 2
Green Bay, WI

Please please put a description next to the star review ie

1 star bates motel

2 star significantly misrepresented and someone died

3 star has many items to work on and misrepresented listing

4 star didnt meet expectations but adequate

5 star expeditions met for price/listing.

Listing get suspended for 3 star reviews that doesn't reflect with most people think they are doing.

Callahan0
Level 3
Atlanta, GA

Hi AirBnB, Terrific idea with the blog. Some us host are in our 70's as in 70+years old.TIP don't make your text in light grey and would be nice a tad bit bigger font so we can actually read it :). Thanks much,

Callahan McDonough

Super Host

Old 4th Ward

Atlanta, Ga.

Mohamed143
Level 3
Muharraq Governorate, Bahrain

Thank you, keep it up!

Norman69
Level 2
Alaminos, Philippines

hi to every one......can i be your tour guide when you visit Pangasinan, Philippines.

Chris1777
Level 2
New Zealand

Hi I am Chris from New Zealand.  As well as being on Airbnb, I also offer companion accommodation. this means that people who thought they couldnt travel because they needed assistance, can.  we are the family friend when one is needed, the companion when one is lonely and a shoulder to cry on when times are tough.

Alicia85
Level 3
Fresno, CA

Hello ! My experience has being great, I have met many great people and I’m planning on expanding and continue with this great business. I would like to know how can I expand internationally, is there any advice out there for that? Please let net know. 

Alicia 

Noriza0
Level 2
Philippines

Hi ! I'm Noriza (Nori) from the Philippines. I've been a host for just more than a year and I find Airbnb's service to be efficient. Payments made by my guests are deposited to my account within a week after guest's check-out. Other companies providing same service "bank transfer" guest payments after a month. I've been able to screen all my guests properly with the info airbnb provide before acceptance of the booking.  I've had great guests at my unit so far.   Good job  Airbnb ... kudos !!! 

We are long term Superhosts. We are looking for a Superhost Airbnb 2 bedroom 1-2 bath place in or at least very near London October 7 - 11. Our cruise sails from Southampton 10/11/19. We understand it is about 2 hrs drive/train/bus from London. We could sure use your local knowledge/ suggestions as where to book/stay. We are also looking for a Superhost Airbnb in the Venice area (after the cruise)  Sat 10/26 - 10/30. Any help here is most appreciated. Moderate pricing please.