Introducing Superhost Week

Laura_C
Ex Airbnb
Ex Airbnb
Redwood City, CA

Introducing Superhost Week

Hi everyone,

Let me take a second to introduce myself: I’m Laura Chambers, and I lead the team at Airbnb that’s dedicated to helping hosts like you succeed. (You might remember me from the most recent Host Q&A.) I’ve been a fan and engaged user of Airbnb for a long time, but since I officially joined the team here in July, one thing has become even more clear to me: It’s the wonderful community of hosts that makes Airbnb so special.

Within the Airbnb hosting community, we’re particularly appreciative of Superhosts. As 2018 draws to a close, we wanted to do something special to celebrate them. So today,  I’m thrilled to announce that we’re kicking off an exciting new event for the first time ever: Superhost Week!

Congratulations to those of you who are Superhosts. It’s such a huge achievement. Airbnb’s community is powered by great hospitality and trust, and you exemplify that spirit and excellence. It should be no surprise that Superhosts earn about 22% more on average*—guests really value your hospitality.

This week will be full of celebrations and recognition. Here’s what Superhosts can expect:

• A personalized gift: If you’re a Superhost, check your inbox. We hope you’ll enjoy the custom map you just received, highlighting your own journey as a host with Airbnb.

• Marketing to guests: This week, Superhosts will be featured at the top of Airbnb’s home page, giving Superhosts more visibility to the millions of people who visit Airbnb each day. Here’s what they’ll see:

If guests are curious and click to learn more, they’ll go to a brand new web page where we’re showcasing Superhosts. This page will help them better understand the Superhost badge icon on your listing, as a symbol of the amazing hospitality you provide.

Guests-facing landing page image.png

• Social celebration: Throughout the week, we’ll be highlighting some extraordinary Superhosts on social media channels. Check it out and follow along here:

I hope you enjoy this week of celebration! We’re committed to continually improving the Superhost program, and some changes are already underway. For example, we just introduced new criteria to ensure that hosts who host longer stays have fair access to becoming Superhosts. I’d love to hear your ideas for what we can do to make the program even better. Let me know your suggestions in the comments below. I’ll be checking in throughout the week.

Congratulations again to those of you who are Superhosts. Thanks for everything you do— and happy hosting!

Laura

*Based on internal Airbnb data comparing median aggregate revenue earned by Superhosts to other hosts (with 10+ bookings) on the platform worldwide during 2017.

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

525 Replies 525

Thank you Laura.  Ironically, prior to seeing this update, I yesterday was reviewing my SuperHost status and made contact with your support via message.  I'm dealing with Lorribelle.  She does not appear to be aware of this update.  Also, for some reason, when I contact you as a host, the messages appear in my "Travelling" inbox, not my hosting one?

My challenge is that I have a long-term guest, in NZ on a Working Visa, who booked in in June, and has now extended his stay from the original 30 days to the end of Feb 19 270+ days.   He's done this (as you'll be no doubt be able to see :-)) four (4) times.  Instead of making a new booking, we've just been extending his original booking.  Lorribelle's suggestion for ensuring each "renew" was logged was to have the guest rebook.  Is this the only way?

When I go to the "Opportunities" tab; it's great to see you've now updated the info re long stays.  This is what's showing for me:

Superhost have experience providing great stays.
10 stays in the past year
4 stays - ME 🙂

- or -

100 nights over at least 3 stays
23 nights and 4 stays - ME 🙂

(I don't understand how this is 23 days?  He's been with me since June - 150+ days)

I've popped this in the conversation, as it may raise questions others have, too :-).  Only intended to be constructive.  It would be great to keep my SuperHost status... 

Thanks for your help, Laura

Hello Laura,

Please share how you handle cleaning & fees etc for your long term guests. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patti

This can be a challenge. Long term guests seem to be more conscientious when held accountable. They receive a 50% discount but are required to pitch in with chores and will be charged for waste or abuse of resources or for leaving a mess. They are responsible for consumables yet I provide a nice starter kit for basic cleaning which encourages good hygiene. Most guests test the limits which is quickly resolved with a fee. With the rate my guests pay, it’s only fair that they pitch in. I also add a clause stating that I reserve the right to charge 20-80 dollars per month for utilities. I rarely do but it’s good incentive for the guests to turn off their lights for example. I hope this helps. 

Thank you!

Rachael26
Level 10
Murphy, NC

Exciting times - thank you for the SH recognition and additional promotions!

Just wanna say

Thank you very much 🙂 

Rj2
Level 1
New York, NY

Excited to see the recognition!

Evelyn35
Level 2
Antigua Guatemala, GT

Thanks!

Rob180
Level 2
Douglas, MI

Thanks for honoring the "Super Hosts".  It's always nice to receive recognition!

Barb82
Level 3
West Hollywood, CA

Thanks!!! Love being a superhost! 

Justin424
Level 2
Portland, OR

Thanks for doing this. Great to feel the love from Airbnb!

Jane425
Level 2
Duncan, Canada

I can only say "thank you" for taking such good care of us  You really are the best.

Sebastian367
Level 2
Irwindale, CA

Thank you. Robert and me we are very happy as Superhost. The Airbnb Company is amazing and  very professional.  We are very proud as the Airbnb Community.  Happy week and happy Holidays.  S&R Guest Home.

Hi Laura, I am a super host and we just became an Airbnb PLUS listing yesterday! I'm so happy and excited to be a part of this amazing community. Thank you and here's to an amazing 2019 for all! 

Hey @Sharon428! Congrats on becoming a Plus host!!! Have a wonderful week. ~Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?