Is your listing up to date to take advantage of the new guest Arrival Guide?

Airbnb
Official Account

Is your listing up to date to take advantage of the new guest Arrival Guide?

ArrivalGuide_Hero_desktop_484x272_default.jpg

Have you ever had nervous guests at check-in? Do you find yourself answering the same questions over and over? 

Airbnb’s new guest Arrival Guide can help your guests have a more confident and seamless start to their stay, and help save you time.

Starting this month, guests will find a new check-in guide at the top of their Trips tab 48 hours before check-in, giving them important details like directions to your space, check-in instructions, and wifi info. 

In order for this to work, you’ll need to check that you’ve filled out all the fields under the Info for guests section of your Listings tab. 

Check out the RC article for more details, and to see how your guests will experience the Arrival guide.  

The Arrival Guide will be available to guests on all three platforms (IOS, Android, and mobile web) by the end of May 24, 2021. Guests won't receive an Arrival Guide if their Host doesn't have check-in information filled out on the listing, so we recommend double checking just to be safe.

What do you think of the new arrival guide? What are your tips for making the best use of the Arrival guide for your hosting routine?

92 Replies 92
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Airbnb  "Have you ever had nervous guests at check-in? Do you find yourself answering the same questions over and over? "

No.

Maria2401
Level 2
Log Cabin, TX

Doubling up on existing features.  What guests and hosts REALLY need is improved customer service from Airbnb.  It used to be good.  Could talk to a human immediately.  Now the silly robots and constant automated questions are making us prepare to leave Airbnb - esp considering how much the company makes from each booking.  Becoming OUT OF TOUCH!  Afterall it's good hosts that make you money Airbnb!

I am not happy about the new arrival guide. I would like to know if I can turn off this tool for my guests? I prefer to have contact with my guests after all they are staying in my home. I have never had problems with check in and like to make it personal to each guest. This automated system is better suited to robots not human beings and hosts should be able to decide if they want this. You need to read the comments it would seem I am far from alone in thinking this.

Mike2327
Level 1
Lead, SD

I do all this through messaging that is pre formatted. Works great.

Michelle2516
Level 2
New York, United States

How can we see--preview the new guide prior to it going live or even once it is live.  

Will we have the opportunity to make changes after previewing?

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

ABB need to remember that people come in all levels of abilities, some of whom may have dyslexia or have challenges reading or concentrating for whatever reason, it's where face to face simple contact plays a huge role.

Those who have been subjected through coercion to WFH & be glued to the internet are over it and want life as normal people away from screen time - which incidently there's many a study on earlier days children's viewing too much television not been good for one's health, the internet & computers are worse!!

@Airbnb @Michelle2516 @Nicky168 @Anne10230 @Mike2327 @Andrew216 

Jason1570
Level 1
Charlottesville, VA

We are new to hosting. I made thorough Check-in Instructions from my app with photos of each step in the process (parking spot is a bit difficult to find), but that same feature doesn't appear to be available on the desktop version. The ability to share photos of the check-in steps is pretty important for me. Has this gone away? Because the app and desktop show different things, now I'm not really sure what my guests will see. Can anyone provide insight? 

Michael5548
Level 1
Hudson, NY

Maybe I missed something, but one of the safety protocols I follow is to change the keypad entry code each weekend, as well as the WiFi password.   How can I comply with this new Arrival Guide as I don't want that information available for others to see?

Sergey36
Level 2
New York, NY

It would be nice to be able to add pictures to the arrival guide 

Andrew216
Level 5
Scotland, United Kingdom

you can send photos via personal messages already
osprey may2020.jpg

Andrew216
Level 5
Scotland, United Kingdom

osprey may2020.jpg

Aleja1809
Level 2
Montrose, CO

the video has no sound. I. have tried it each day since May 5, 2021. 

If no sound was intended, then the video is WAY TOO FAST and has little to no informative meaning. 

I have just had a long discussion with Calvin from Airbnb support and have been reassured that there are no penalties or negative repercussions should hosts decide not to complete the details in the Arrival guide. If you have completed and submitted the guide, there is no option to have  it removed from your listing, however, if you choose not to add the requested details then the guide is not sent to the guest. So, it appears that hosts have a choice.

@Nicky168  Thanks for this. I'm going to try removing some of the information in the hopes that will stop the guide going out. I already had everything filled in, since the guide apparently pulls from fields already long completed.   I'm going to jettison wifi info. Hopefully, that works !

@Michelle53 

Just to confirm what Calvin from airbnb support wrote:" I said you cannot remove the arrival guide if you have one. If you don't complete it you won't have a guide sent out to your guests."