Laura's Letter: Superhost Week 2018 recap

Laura_C
Ex Airbnb
Ex Airbnb
Redwood City, CA

Laura's Letter: Superhost Week 2018 recap

February 7, 2019

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all of you who achieved or maintained your Superhost status in the January assessment. It’s an awesome accomplishment. Thank you for continuing to set a wonderful standard for hospitality in our community.

Your commitment to excellence inspires me, and that’s why it was such a thrill to help create and launch Airbnb’s first ever Superhost Week in December. It was a chance to highlight all of you to our guests and to celebrate and recognize everything you do. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Here are a few highlights:

• Social spotlight: We filled Airbnb’s social-media channels for the week with Superhost stories and profiles, and the response was fantastic. More than 7 million people engaged with the content on Facebook, including this video of Superhosts James and In Ja, of Hollywood, California. Dan, of "Danville," Florida was featured in our most-watched video on YouTube. And on Twitter, Superhost story tweets were seen by more than a million users.
  • Marketing to guests: Superhosts were featured in a banner at the top of Airbnb’s home page to give Superhosts more visibility. More than 8.8 million people saw the banner, and more than 160,000 people saw our brand new guest-facing web page. The page gives guests a better understanding of what the Superhost badge icon on your listing represents: the amazing hospitality you provide!
  • Updated Superhost page: We also made changes to our Superhost page, to make it easier for you to learn about and take advantage of your rewards.
  • New long-term hosting policy: We introduced new criteria to ensure that those of you who host longer stays have fair access to the program. Before, hosting 10 stays was the only way hosts could qualify for Superhost status; now, hosts can qualify if they host 10 stays or if they host 100 nights with a 3-stay minimum. These changes seemed to resonate well with hosts. I was pleased to see responses like this one, from host Gilles, of France, in the Community Center: “Thank you for taking into account the requests of long-term hosts to allow them to access Superhost status. Thanks to Airbnb for listening to the needs of the hosts and coming back with new strategies to meet their needs.”
  • Community Center interaction: That brings me to my own favorite part of the week: getting to interact with hosts from around the work in our Community Center! I wrote a letter in our Community Center at the start of Superhost Week, and more than 45,000 hosts read it, and there were more than 1,400 comments. We’ve read each and every one, and during Superhost Week, I had the chance to respond and chat with many of you. Thanks to all of you who sent suggestions and ideas. We’ll be looking to you for inspiration as we continue to improve the Superhost program.

Congratulations again to those of you who are Superhosts. We appreciate all you do— and so do Airbnb guests. In fact, over one of Airbnb’s busiest nights of 2018, one out of every three Airbnb guests were staying with Superhosts! That’s a testament to how much Superhosts help power the Airbnb community. Thank you.

Happy hosting!
Laura

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

361 Replies 361
BrendonMaria0
Level 5
Paynesville, Australia

Hello from Superhost Sims’es from Raymond Island, Australia 

Kudos! to all fellow Superhosts. 

Neil of Manila, Philippines currently residing in Riyadh, KSA

Hi Laura, our best regards to all the Airbnb SUPERHOST around the world from Santa CLara, Cuba. Omelio Moreno.

Well hi there  @BrendonMaria0 So lovely to hear from you again! Congrats on being such awesome Superhosts. Hope Raymond Island is still sunny and full of koalas.

--------------------

Lead, Airbnb Core Hosts & Community

Here's my Community Spotlight!

What are your favorite notes from your guests?

Hello Laura,

Thank you for sending this information. I am so glad to be part of Airbnb family/community.

All the best to all Superhost around the world!  From Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Kind regards, Adelaida

Aniek0
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

HI, I'm Aniek from a secluded area of Bali named Kelecung.  Glad to see you all, Super host.. Greetings 

Yanick10
Level 2
Ubud, Indonesia

Hi i am Yanick from Bali,greetings to all Superhost 

Jessie-Glenn0
Level 1
Philippines

I am Jessie Glenn Tumusok of TUM’s Resort Of Oslob, Cebu , Philippines As one of Airbnb Philippines TOP 10 most unique destinations...

Patrick957
Level 2
George Town, Malaysia

我是Patrick来自教科文组织世界遗产乔治城槟城,马来西亚, 谢谢Airbnb 对我们这些新 superhost 一代卓越的承诺激励着我们,这只是短短在2018 年12月份后帮助创建和推出Airbnb首次举办的Superhost Week会如此激动人心。同时也要自己有一个交代以及向我们的客人展示为什么你们与众不同?所有人并庆祝和认可你所做的一切的坚持不怠,努力坚持以诚心服务你运远近到来的客人。

I am Patrick from UNESCO World Heritage George Town Penang, and thanks to Airbnb's commitment to our new superhost generation to inspire us, it's just a short time after December 2018 to help create and launch Airbnb's first Superhost Week to be so exciting. At the same time, we have to have a confession and show our guests why you are different. Everyone celebrates and recognizes what you have done, and strives to serve all our clients far or close with wholeheartedly sincerity.

Intan6
Level 1
Bali, Indonesia

Hello from Bali! hello to all superhost! Congratulation to all host that reach this level! Keep on good work all! Xoxo

Congratulation to all and more power, God bless.  Mabuhay!

Janet427
Level 2
Tanilba Bay, Australia

Hello to fellow Superhosts from Port Stephens,  NSW,  Australia. 

Hello Janet.

I am a Superhost at Black Head, we are practically neighbours!!.

On my bucket list, Janet.  Really want to see parts of Australia!

Best

Marie - another Superhost from Bethany Beach, Delaware