Lizzie is away June 26-30th!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lizzie is away June 26-30th!

Holidays

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that I will be away next week (Monday June 26 -  Friday 30th). I will be going to sunny Spain for a few days. 

Never fear though, @Quincy will be here and I have also asked some of my other teamates who look after the other language communities to pop in as well, so if you see there names about there is no need to be alarmed. 

As ever if you need to highlight anything in the Community Center, please click 'Options' (on the individual post) > 'Report Inappropriate Content' and it will be looked into further. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week, I know it is a busy time of year for most of you so I hope you also get some time to relax. I look forward to catching up with you when I get back. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

13 Replies 13
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Lizzie Happy Summer holidays Lizzie!!! Dont forget to bring your sun cream with you its 32c in Madrid right now.

Annette33
Level 10
Prescott, AZ

@Lizzie , have a great vaca!

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Lizzie, have a nice holiday! Do you take the cat with you?

thank you for your pretty greeting, which I got, but I did not figure out yet how to address private messages on my new tablet. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hehe @Helga0, unfortunately for the cat he didn't join me! 

Aww I am glad to hear it arrived with you. Hope all is well. 🙂

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie, Your holiday sounds nice. I would prefer watch Flamenco over ever trying to learn it ;-

we had a very hot June, followed by a rainy cold weekend to start June shivering, as I had an art show. In Paris, many arrondissements/areas organise Open Doors for the artist's ateliers and street art events. This year, our town hall was occupied with the four rounds of elections and the event was late and not as well organised as other years. My airbnb is an artist's atelier / workshop and we participate for 14 years now. With the rain and so late in the season, we had a third of visitors, compared to a very good year. That was better than I feared 😉

but still the same amount of work to prepare everything: say good byeto the guest, sheets into the washer, bed dismantled and huge folders of paintings and photos extracted. Guest computer prepared for outdoor video sessions - the rain made that obsolete. Paintings framed, framed photosfetched from another show, canvasses from the garage box. A redecoration marathon and some posters and maps hung outside. Funny to ralise, I can blow up 14 balloons at once without gasping for air - I'll have to remeber that for my doctor inSète, who always asks if I have breathing problems. That must be on his checklist for people over 45. 😉

Best question of the weekend: "You already have a lot of paintings and not much space left to hang them. Will you have to stop painting soon, when you can't hang them anymore?"

after that, I took the Monday off and started renovation work today.  As I finally found a light weight material, that is not too ugly and - most important - has a high fire resistance, I'll finally be able to cover the insulation on the ceiling. Over the kitchen, it's very high, but over the loft, where the guests stay, it's low and I always worried that a guest ignoring house rules and common sense, would light a cigarette in bed or put a candle up and fall asleep. I found already cigarette butts under the mattress!!! and molten wax beside the bed, there is no limit to stupidity, but one day the luck may run out. Therefore it was important to get something that would not flash over if someone left ghted a candle to close. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Lizzie   ENJOY!!!!  Love, love the kitty picture.  Reminds me of my Ragdoll kitty, Micah.

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

@Lizzie Have a wonderful trip!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Karen-and-Brian0@Linda108@Helga0@Annette33@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0,

I just wanted to thank you all for your kind holiday wishes. I had a nice week in a rather hot/windy Spain. I ate a lot of seafood, I think tapas is my new best friend! hehe

One of the evenings, I saw some amazing flamenco dancing and the music is wonderfully dramatic...I don't think I will ever get my feet to move that quickly though!:

Flamenco

How has your week been?

--------------------

@Lizzie I would really like to see you dancing the flamenco!!! The week was business as usual but i must say i have missed you : )

Roslyn1
Level 2
English Frankton, United Kingdom

Hi Oomesh,

I am fairly new to the Community Centre, I am a host in the Uk. I thought I would say hello as I was in Mauritius in January. We were visiting my son in laws family who live there, his parents moved to Australia. ( we will be visiting them in Sydney in January) we will be travelling for two months....Airbnb style!

Roz Hill UK

Roslyn1
Level 2
English Frankton, United Kingdom

Hi Lizzie,
I popped by a few weeks ago enquiring about ' experiences' as I am keen on the idea of promoting my craft hut, where I entertain guests in crafting sessions.
We are superhosts, we have been with Airbnb for three years from whom we get most of our business. I really like the new dashboard on my iPad.
Although I have read up on the last two Airbnb Opens, I have not been able to attend and until I spotted you as a London based community manager, I have felt quite isolated in the UK as a host.
Obviously we are busy, so travelling to meet ups are unlikely. But I am keen to be ' in touch'.
I am near Shrewsbury in Shropshire.
I received your CC email in response to my post, which I am responding to here.

One question.
I have a new photo header for one of my listings. Using my iPad I can add it to the bottom of the images, but can't replace the old one? Is the only way I can do this to look it up on my Android lap top?

All the best
Roz Hill

Megan133
Level 1
Boston, MA

Lizzie, any updates on when AirBnb Experiences will be available in Boston, MA? We have a fabulous experience lined up to share (just experienced a great one in London and was excited to create our own). How quickly do you add towns? Thanks! Hope you had a great time in Spain. By the way, we just booked through AirBnb and HomeAway and the AirBnb rental was HANDSDOWN the better rental. So happy to have booked through AirBnb! 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Megan133,

Lovely to meet you. Thanks for your post.

It is fantastic to hear you would like to start your own Experience. At the moment the team is busy, increasing the number of places Experiences are available. I would recommend taking a look at this Airbnb page: Experiences as you can register your interest for your location and then you will be notified. 

I hope you had a great time in London, it sounds like you had a lovely Airbnb, I hope the weather was good for you. What Experience did you do in London?

--------------------