Managing reservations made simpler

Administrator

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

719 Replies
Gladen in
England, United Kingdom
Level 10

I want you to put back the way that you are splitting automatically the pay for the co-host. That will be grand.

Level 1

That's great. I look forward for it. Thanks a lot

Bienvenida in
Peekskill, NY
Level 7

In mobile apps guests contact number are not shown, had to open my desktop to see. Can we view the same on both?

Karen in
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Level 8

It would also be useful to see the age range of the guest.  Particularly during peak schoolies seasons.  Its also useful to inform or reinforce aspects of the property.

Another feature is the retention of notes on days even if the booking or block out did not come through airbnb. This information is useful for taxation purposes and difficult to reconcile when deleted at end of financial year.

Kelly in
Australia
Level 10

wI also was unhappy when the splitting of payments to co - hosts was discontinued.  If more than one person is managing the booking and sharing the load to make guests experience even more wonderful, then why can't payments be made to co - hosts?

Kelly in
Australia
Level 10

Yes please, I am on the go and always on my mobile app so guests contact numbers should appear in both the mobile app and the desktop version.  

Margaret in
Albany, Australia
Level 2

Thank you I appreciate your efforts  Airbnb 

Raj in
Singapore
Level 5

you can make all this changes but still when a guest search a unit, you dont have a filter to sort by Price, review ratings etc. All comes jumbled up and I find easier with other websites such as Booking.com, Expedia et all to search by price, review rating etc. Something you need to consider for people to search easily among lot of long list of low quality apartments listed out there. I ended up one such apartment at Veliko Tornovo at Bulgaria during my visit and realised that there are many options but just I didint had the patience to scroll through all. Also you dont seem to be screening the apartments for listing like Booking.com, Expedia and provide a star rating. That will also help us from not booking poor quality apartments and getting disappointed.

Dixie in
Dunsborough, Australia
Level 10

I think that's a good idea too Raj.

Crystal in
Central Coast, Australia
Level 9

I’d also like to be able to search in price order from low to high

Mimi in
Sydney, Australia
Level 5

I am both a host and frequent guest. Like Raj, I find it really annoying that it is hard to properly filter what you are seeking as a guest. While you can set a maximum price, it then displays listings in a random way. It would be much better to be able to see listings in order of price lowest to highest (or vice versa). Also, when you put specific locations in to search for accommodation, you often get a whole lot of listings that are outside the specific area you wanted. Also, there should be an option that allows co-hosts to make all decisions and undertake all actions, including seeking compensation etc, as often the host is away, and co-host needs to have full access. And you should be able to change the host to the co-host and vice versa, instead of having to start a whole new listing to do that, as it takes so long to build it up again. Seeking compensation for damage is too difficult a process.

Brad in
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Level 8

Sooooo would LOVE the co host split back

Brad in
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Level 8

Need co host split back. Makes life so much easier. 

Dixie in
Dunsborough, Australia
Level 10

I don't know whether this is something that's been done in the past and, for some reason which I haven't thought of, doesn't happen anymore. What I would like to see is if a Super Host stays at my place and writes a review for me, I would like to see their Super Host badge displayed with that review. I think this would go a long way to encourage potential guests (especially if it's a good review), to give that particular place more consideration. Maybe someone's got some ideas they could pass on to me regarding this. 🤔 😊 Thank you in anticipation.

Level 8

I agree with this, I’d really like to see the age of a group as I can take say 3 couples, but I’m not sure I want to host 3 couples of 18 year olds but would be happy to host 3 couples of 50 year olds - our age and probably closer in mindset - and bedtime!

Level 8

Hi, as a host and guest I agree totally with this, I am unable to find what I want in quality reviews without going through loads of properties- I’d like to book reasonably quickly knowing that the property I’ve selected has got numerous excellent reviews for a number of reasons - location, cleanliness, facilities, all of those.   As a host, I want to be at the top of the list for those people who want what I’m offering, and the effort I’m putting into it. I’ve consistently got 5*s but cannot be a Superhost, because I cancelled a party 93 days before they were due to arrive as my parents are coming in from UK. So I’m not easy to find even though our location, number of bedrooms and architectural property is quite unique. Jess xx

Ming Wai in
Japan
Level 5

Yes, I am both a host and a airbnb user. I am quite frustating when I search for properties, some of their cleaning fee is as high as their rental fee. So the price is never the final one until you actually click to view that property. 

I found it quite annoying. Also as a host, I will see some really fancy place offering much lower price than my hostel, but in fact if you click into it, adding all the fee together, it is double the price sometimes. 

I think just simply showing the real lumpsum price is easier for everyone to find their match. 

Dixie in
Dunsborough, Australia
Level 10

Me too Karen. I've got "I do not accept Leavers" on my listing. It's helped as I was having to second guess when I got an enquiry for the dates of Leavers' week. I had a fair idea what it was for and with a few questions I was able to ascertain that it was for Leavers. Some people don't mind accommodating Leavers as someone close by me accepts them and they haven't had any problems but that's not a chance I'm prepared to take. Also I keep a record of why I've blocked off certain times during the year. 

Dale in
Perth, Australia
Level 2

Totally agree, that would be great. 

Sangeeta in
New Delhi, India
Level 3

I know that you have all the ID's of the guests,I need to know names and have photo IDs as I have 3 other families living in the building,and hence the security guards have to be given a heads up on that.Sadly ,we are mostly women on each floor and upset when the person booking/making the reservation withholds the info till the last minute . Any leads on how to deal with that,specially if they do not have reviews or have a photo of theirs either. You bet, I decline all those who try to give me their contact in multiple ways or ask efor mine as they have questions and so on. I do sound rude when I say all the info is right there?!

Duly Homestay in
Dalat, Vietnam
Level 2

Thanks so much

Seyha in
Krong Siem Reap, Cambodia
Level 2

Thank you for the question, I long to ask.

Roshan in
Kolkata, India
Level 5

How about adding a periodic or multiple cleaning fees for long term Stays. It's not fair that cleaning fee is paid once for someone who stays for a month or so. Normally we change linen, sheets and do a thorough cleaning every  four to five days. 

Niti & Ashwani in
New Delhi, India
Level 5

I too fell that this should be done. I have guests who stay for more than a week. So I feel that AirBnb could have an automatic add on of Cleaning Fees after every 7 nights for a booking.

Niti & Ashwani in
New Delhi, India
Level 5

There is one more aspect you need to look at. In the last month or two I faced it on three occassions. I pre approved the guests but they were not able to complete the booking process, I could not send them another offer as those dates kept showing up booked by those guests. Neither were these guests able to book, nor any other guest could have used instant booking for those dates as the dates were showing blocked on my calendar. I have reported the issue to Customer Service but nothing was done, however on a couple of those occassions later (and I mean quite a while later) the dates became free on my calendar. So if anybody tried to book instant or request could not have done so as they would have seen those dates as unavilable.

Harman in
Jaipur, India
Level 2

Please show the guest's contact number on mobile application.

Gabby & Bruce in
Gold Coast, Australia
Level 1

No more schoolies welcome here.  They get drunk, lose control and trash the place, then leave!  Still picking up butts, bottle tops, cans and smashed bottles.  Bins everywhere, these teens (tweens) have no respect for your property.  They hurled their empties all over the horses paddock and down in the gully.  Totally out of control! With a don’t care attitude.

Soraya in
London, United Kingdom
Level 2

Am I right in thinking you’ll be able to see potential guest reviews on the app? Cannot currently do this. Thanks! 

Teen & Andy in
Burleigh Heads, Australia
Level 2

I think you should be concentrating getting your current platform more stable.   It has so many bugs in the system.  I'm hoping these are being ironed out with all these new changes.   Fingers crossed 

Level 1

That's great news, thanks Airbnb for always striving to better your service.  It would also be useful if we could have a little more information in the Calander screen in the app ie. not just the property, and name under the date.  It would be great if it displayed the pax.  

Alexandra in
Montenegro
Level 5
Definitely! It was such a convenient option!
Sarah in
Granada, Spain
Level 1

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I'd like for there to be a search so that I can search for guests by name to message them (to ask for arrival times, etc.) just before they arrive. Sarah.

Sandra in
United Kingdom
Level 5

@Karen wrote:

It would also be useful to see the age range of the guest.  Particularly during peak schoolies seasons.  Its also useful to inform or reinforce aspects of the property.

Another feature is the retention of notes on days even if the booking or block out did not come through airbnb. This information is useful for taxation purposes and difficult to reconcile when deleted at end of financial year.

Geraldine in
United Kingdom
Level 3

navigating your site as a guest is a nightmare! no categorisation as to price, type but especially for  location. Searching for a  specific town or location throws up properties miles away. I give up searching airbnb for accommodation when i travel and revert to booking. com as it's

much simpler.  I am a host in a town with few hotels and B&B.s. yet nobody can find my property.  I received 6 enquiries since jan 2018 and its now late November. 🙄🤔

Rory in
Meath, Ireland
Level 4

One issue I have.I had a family during the summer who were new to Airbnb.. They were terrible. I left a bad review to warn other hosts. As they didn't bother leaving a review my review wasn't  posted so now prospective hosts don't know what ahead of them

Lawrence in
Bristol, United Kingdom
Level 6

I'd really love to see a multi-listing calendar on the app like on the website version.

It makes it far easier to make decisions when you can see your individual rooms with when you want to rent out the whole house. 

Geraldine in
United Kingdom
Level 3

well said Mimi.  i wrote to airbnb on this 2 years ago. they replied insisting their website was adequate and appropriate??? 

Rob & Lucy in
Dorrigo, Australia
Level 3

Thanks Airbnb. I have had a few quests book in as 2 adults ( mum and dad , a couple ) and 1 child, all the beds will have been used . Can there be an area when booking that the guest click on how many beds they will require ? 

Sandra in
United Kingdom
Level 5

I completely agree with Airbnb/guests being required to disclose age ranges. It really helps me prepare for them and from one of my first experiences on Airbnb a group of 10 (that is our max) people booked, 17 people turned up, all aged 19- 22, and completely wrecked the place, causing over £4000 damage. I was naive and didn’t claim anything as I was concerned about reviews (as this was one of my first guests). 

i now always ask about age range (which if Airbnb did it, i wouldn’t have to ask). I also observe that another very successful agent I use always has the name and age of every single guest booked it, I think this is very reassuring to an owner and has really worked well.

sandra

Susan in
York, United Kingdom
Level 3

Yes I think this is a big problem. People who leave the place a tip and know they will get a bad review so don’t leave the host a review so there isn’t a black mark against them . There needs to be some action on this. Perhaps if this happens the host can report them to Airbnb who can take action against them.

Lorna in
Woodwark, Australia
Level 3

I want to know how much Service Fee are adding on to the total for the guest. If I drop my rack rate in a quiet week, in order to get some bookings, Airbnb adds a larger Service Fee on bringing the total right back up there and results in me not getting that booking. I understand the 3% commission is fixed, which is great, I just want a fixed Service Fee % so I know what to charge and what the guest will end up paying. They tell me it's anywhere up to 20% depending on many factors. 

Kim in
Cape Town, South Africa
Level 4

I totally agree with this. I’m in the process of trying to get someone banned from ever using Air Bnb. He broke every rule of the property, trashed it, all the guests got drunk, destroyed property and only agreed to finally leave when I called in armed-security! I have informed Air Bnb he has 3 different profile accounts and I do not want to leave a review where it won’t matter . He is also a host himself so I believe my review should be left on his Host profile.....the saga continues, as he definitly will not review me because he knows his air Bnb career is over once my review is published.

John in
Bangor, United Kingdom
Level 10

The only thing that annoys me as a host is when potential guests do not post pictures of them selves - or post deliberately fake pictures such as a cartoon, or a camera lens or a picture of a penguine in sunglasses. I expect Airbnb to ensure that everyone has a cleaar and recognisable face picture. We are inviting guests into our homes where we may have children and precious objects. I feel it is an insult to our hospitality if guests cant post a good picture of them selves. If there ever was a legal issue as a result of a guest then any judge would throw out a case raised by a host who accepted a guest into their home with a picture of a penguine.
PLEASE airbnb, make sure every member profile has a clear and recognisable face picture.

Julia And Hugo in
Gold Coast, Australia
Level 5

I would like to see the app dates made more transparent. I've had awful issues with the mobile phone showing the dates as blocked when they are not. I understand that the tech team are taking a look at  this.  If I loook as a guest and see dates crossed out, so will a guest think the ddates are booked!. It is really soooo confusing.

The guest will not press on the dates and hope that they show as available.   They should not be crossed off in the APP to start off with. My calender showed all of Dec and Jan as booked when only half of the dates are booked.  A real worry.  I have not had a booking in weeks for peak season. I'm not doing anything differently and have in past years always been booked.

What needs to be remembered is that at least 50% of people book holidays on their mobile.  In China 93% book via their mobil phones.

Level 1

I would also LOVE to see the cohost automotive split payment come back. It was such a wonderful feature I have no idea why you would remove such a great thing! Also we need to be able to download PDF reports of income for each financial

year to include in tax. Can you make that happen? It’s very difficult applying for loans and trying to clearly show direct income linked to properties with our name and property address on it. This is very important to provide this. 

Shirley in
London, United Kingdom
Level 4

As I host private rooms (2) in my family home I always want a photo and some information on a guest's profile before I accept a booking,  this isn't always the case . If there isn't a photo I ask then to upload one  and then ask for some information about them to work out if we will be a good match. I recently had a request from someone with no photo and nothing on their profile, I didn't know if it was a male or female or their age or the purpose of their trip, I ased them for more information, they didn't get back to me. 

I live with my 2 daughters , I want information about who we will be sharing our house with.   

Why are people allowed to register without having a photo on their profile?

Manik in
Clayton, Australia
Level 5

Totally regardless of minimum stay guests where the cleaning happens regularly Long term guests needs to be added with  multiple cleaning fees as I have long term guests where I have provided with new sets of linen and towels etc and they never clean after themselves so the place is a mess when they leave after a month or so. If we enforce multi cleaning fees for long term guests how could the cleaning be done periodically or they should have the option to choose if they want.... 

Sandra in
Australia
Level 10

Thank you for your good work and trying to i improve things for Hosts.  My only query is about providing breakfast.  I love to supply breakfast and treats for my guests. I have asked guests but have stopped asking because they don't let me know their preferences in food so now I guess. I have had to throw so much food out because they like soy milk not normal milk. They like white bread and not multigrain they dont eat eggs etc etc.  Is there a solution to this or shall I  Now I don't include breakfast in my Listing

Level 2

Hi this question is totally off the subject but I would like to know if there are Airbnb stickers that can go on windows to advertise the premises. If not are we allowed to use the Airbnb branding in our advertising. Thanks Helen 

Rodney in
London, United Kingdom
Level 1

Glad to see that the mobile host tools should soon be in line with the main offering.

I'm sure there was a good reason why the co-host split was removed and was probably externally driven but, as is often the case, Airbnb chose to give us a bland cover story, rather than the specific details.

Previously it was easy to see which account a payment was going to but, following the recent changes, I now I have to click through - not sure that's progress.

When will you allow us to search our guest messages by guest name, property or filter by dates? The current filters are not fit for purpose when a host or co-host has more than one listing.

Love the proposals for allowing some sort of quality filter for guests.

Don't understand why Super Host status can't be applied at property level. At present it's like snakes and ladders - you do all you can to keep your property in good condition and keep your guests happy only to lose qualification because at one property you need to cancel a booking for legitimate reasons with reasonable notice or are unfortunate enough to host a couple of guests who leave spitefully low reviews when they made no attempt to raise issues during their stay, despite being invited to do so.

I trust that these changes have been made available to channel managers for testing, especially those with API support as the last 9 months have not been the best, especially for Tokeet users.

I also hope that the roll out of these enhancements is fully resouced with staff properly trained will be on a country/regional basis and is not planned until mid January to avoid the risk of any issues over the festive season and the busy booking period at the beginning of January.

Comment
You must log in to join this conversation.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: