Managing reservations made simpler

Airbnb
Official Account

Managing reservations made simpler

Reservation Details Article Image.jpg

You’ve told us that managing reservations from home or on the go could be easier and more consistent. As we did with changes to your reservations list, we’ve listened to your feedback, studied hosts’ concerns raised with the community-support team, and run research studies to understand how we could improve your experience. Here’s a sneak peek of upcoming changes built on your input.

Consistent information wherever you go

Soon, whether you’re managing reservations on the Airbnb app or website, you’ll have the same set of reservation details available. What’s more, anywhere you see a reservation—in your calendar, the message thread, your dashboard, or your reservations list—you’ll be able to take action right from that screen, which means it will be faster and more efficient for you to handle each reservation.

reservation-en.gif

More details about reservations and guests

We’re giving you more specific information about the status of each reservation. And you’ll also get more details about the guest associated with each reservation without having to click into their profile. You’ll know how long they’ve been on Airbnb, what languages they speak, and if they’re a host like you, so you can make confident booking decisions and interact with your guests efficiently and quickly, all from one screen.

More payment details

You’ve told us that you wanted your expected payout dates to be even more visible. Numerous hosts called our  community support team about this, so we made sure payout dates were easier to find. We’ve added a link to your transaction history and expected payout dates alongside every reservation.

Answers to your frequently asked questions, right where you need them

By studying the types of questions that come up most often for inquiries and reservations, we’ve been able to anticipate what answers might be most helpful to you based on the reservation you’re currently managing. We’ve added links to reservation-specific FAQs at the bottom of every reservation so you can get the information you need, when you need it.

More consistent tools and views

Previously, if you had Instant Book turned on for a listing, you could only hold dates when you pre-approved a guest on the website. Now you can do so in the app too. And the private notes feature, which was previously available only in the calendar, is now available anywhere you see a reservation.

All these improvements are coming your way in the next few months, and we hope they help make quick work of managing your reservations. Thanks to all the hosts who gave us feedback and joined focus groups. Let us know what you think of these changes and others you’d like to see.

2,467 Replies 2,467
Gladen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

I want you to put back the way that you are splitting automatically the pay for the co-host. That will be grand.

wI also was unhappy when the splitting of payments to co - hosts was discontinued.  If more than one person is managing the booking and sharing the load to make guests experience even more wonderful, then why can't payments be made to co - hosts?

I agree. I miss the co-hosts. My co-host was actually the cleaning service that I use that is an Airbnb affiliate - Hostwell. It made things SO MUCH easier when they received payment at the time of booking. Now they have to invoice me and then I send the a payment. 

A co-host is a property owner, not a cleaning agency. You need to learn how to manage hiring others, without mucking up your taxes Best regards.

False. Co host could be a neighbour or friend who helps you run your business by greeting guests, being there to answer questions when you're out of town etc... If they happen to be the cleaner as well, so be it. Let people worry about their own taxes. 

True Dat

Agree 100% Daniela

Dear Daniela990:

You are technically correct, but I wonder how you're paying your co-hosts. ARe you splitting the proceeds from  a room at 68 dollars evenly, or how? Since your Airbnb site is taxed to you, or in Maine, my site specifically gets taxed at 9 percent by the State, and Airbnb pays the State that tax, and it is my personal tax situation, and I have to report to the State of Maine every year what my earnings were, how do you figure out what you've paid your co-host or that entire tax situation?

Just wondering. Best, EM Burke, Portland, Maine

Elizabeth, Airbnb pays the State Sales tax.  You are liable for the Fed, State and City.

They pay it out of your proceeds and it's still your legal responsibility. I'm a Tax Advisor . 

can we communicate directly Sally Wood?

@Sally-Wood0 wrote:

They pay it out of your proceeds and it's still your legal responsibility. I'm a Tax Advisor . 

Sally, can I please ask you a quick question in private? Thanks!!!

I'm new to Airbnb- is there a way to set it up so that they collect and pay state taxes? What about Transient Accommodation Tax? Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Sally, I have a tax question.  Can you send me a direct message?  Thanks in advance!